It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

Yes, you are correct, Im gathering info to see other differences in different areas and noticed the same thing.

Fox.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
This thread is illustrating the degree to which some people are literally not in the real world. Psychologists call it "Psychosis" and it is leading to "Paranoia". It is a form of "Hallucination". As children we develop a "world picture" but this picture in our mind is illusionary. If as is the case in this thread the child builds up a picture that is defective it can be a painful process in later years as adult to correct that misunderstanding. Obviously such misunderstandings are not just in the area of geography. This is actually a major problem. "Psychosis" is a crippling disease of the mind that we need to cure by the implimentation of a move towards more open mindedness. One should always be ready to admit oneself as being in error.

You obviously have not read all the posts thoroughly or would have read that it is not only memories from childhood that are discussed here, but adult memory from not too long ago, people are saying things seem to have changed practically overnight in some cases.

One should always be ready to admit oneself as being in error.

One should take ones own advice.

exactly, it changed over night with the american samoa quake and tsunami....

The other weird time shift thing like Queen albums changing and missing Van Halen songs etc, was around 4 years ago, 2 years ago there was a sleu of celebrity deaths, Patric Swazey died like 3 times and came back, not sure today if he is dead or alive.....

There have been about 6 shifts for me now, and they seem to be at the same time, because the timeshift threads come back with a vengence in clumps, at the same time, like there is a group of us who keep noticing each jump....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
this is the problem that I have with the idea of timeline shift affecting the position of the world map: What could have possibly changed in an historical timeline that would flip New Zealand to the other side of Australia?

This isn't just a case of someone dying, and a timeline shift occurs and as a result of the changes in the timeline, that person is no longer dead. I can imagine this as a possible result of time travel...But what is being discussed here are changes to the world map, changes that would require that something occurred going back millions of years that literally moved mountains.

Nobody seems to be asking this question. Are we talking about changes in the timeline that go back to the very formation of the continents as we know them? What might have changed that would result in the continents changing the direction in which they separated from the Pangea supercontinent (i'm no geographer).

I am as open minded as anybody and I can get behind time travel and alternate timelines but at some point one must introduce Occham's razor to a discussion, and for me, the time is now.

So, for the sake of argument, please consider the following.

"is it more likely that someone has been utilizing time travel and that as a result of this time travel, the very geography of the Earth has changed configuration many times and that there are a few dozen individuals who have noticed this occurrance while the rest of the populace of the world remains oblivious to timeline changes that have affected the very shape and position of the landmasses of Earth.

Or is it more likely that a few dozen people have faulty recall with regards to world geography (hardly a fierce indictment) and that others have read accounts of timeline shifts and that reading these accounts has triggered a type of false memory?

Like I say, I'm prepared to consider just about anything including time travel and timeline discrepancies, but in this instance I just do not see how the types of discrepancies could possibly occur and be recalled.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by FoxStriker

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

Even if this "timeline shift" theory were true, there's no point in trying to resolve it over something like a forum.

You just end up with other people who suck a Geography reading the post, looking at a map, and thinking they experienced the same thing.

Even if it were true, you are just going to look like an ass. If you somehow jumped into this timeline, the people here are not going to have a clue what you're talking about. Our timeline's geography is still the same (at least for those of us who have looked at a map in last 10 yearS) to us, regardless of your perceived time line shift.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
this is the problem that I have with the idea of timeline shift affecting the position of the world map: What could have possibly changed in an historical timeline that would flip New Zealand to the other side of Australia?

While I am one of the people who remember New Zealand being NW of Australia (we seriously need a name. Sliders? NorthWesterners?), you bring up a very valid point, and it's one of the biggest reasons that I question myself about the whole thing...it just doesn't make sense.
The other thread where people remember alive celebrities being dead and vice-versa...although I have never experienced that...would be easily enough explained in a parallel dimension scenario where fate intervened and for some reason, they didn't die.
But as to what could make an entire island country move that distance, I have no clue. And yes, that is something that should be thought about more.
Great post.

*EDIT* -- I still wish someone would start a Google Group or a private forum somewhere else where those of us experiencing this could go to discuss it and A.) get away from the trolls on here, and B.) get out of the hair of the non-troll people on here who are getting tired of listening to us blather on about this.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by HeardTheOwl]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HeardTheOwl

I know what you mean. I could have bet my life that NZ was northwest of AUS and that AUS was farther away from Indonesia. I am doubting myself though because it just seems so impossible, even in some sort of alternate timeline, for the continents to have changed.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Before and during World War II, I never noticed or experienced any sort of change in the reality around me. After Hiroshima, I wrote in my diary at the time that I felt I was no longer connected to the world around me. I felt as though the atomic and nuclear tests had caused time to fracture into competing strands of time events and that several different groups were trying seriously to weave time back together.

I am writing this while utterly exhausted and beg your indulgence if my English is not very good... So here we go with a couple of ideas on how we can understand what people are reporting:

NEGATIVE VIEW:
We who are experiencing these changes and alterations are being thrown about among any number of potential time sequences. We are helpless to stop it, and it is probably best to ignore it on the one hand or on the other send out the robot thrashing about his arms saying "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!".

POSITIVE VIEW:
By our shifting about on various time/event threads, we are actually experiencing the first glimpse of who and what we human beings are: multi-dimensional beings who have the power to participate in alternate quantum realities and also have the power to edit time in order to bestow upon future generations a far better reality than those we are currently sifting through.

There are so many people with stories to tell, and it is a pity that ATS does not seem to be the kind of forum where collecting this work is possible. I can understand the good folk who run ATS wishing that this would go away. If I had not experienced several levels of this anomalous 'experience', I would probably look upon this as some sort of madness.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I absolutely remember being taught the elliptical orbit theory... although that could have been the current thinking at the time, and science has simply updated its theories.

Why is this causing such a stir around here? Why all the people so upset and insisting that we are crazy? When physicists are building huge particle colliders to try to discover the fourth dimension, it doesn't seem so odd for a few normal folks to entertain these notions as well.

I do think the earlier post mentioning that all these areas are near sea level is worth considering. Changes in ocean water level wouldn't explain continents switching places, obviously, but it might expl ain some of the differences in shape and distance between certain regions.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Okay, I have had some issues with the map lately as well, but I am not here to discuss those specifically, it seems this is the most innaccurate way of gauging whether or not someone has moved to a different timeline and or that timelines are collapsing...however I do beleive I read somewhere that timelines would start collapsing near the end of days...but, that is not my point either. I am here to simply show a real and valid and can be backed up by witnesses to a personal situation I had experienced.

So here it goes, I was in my twenties having my children and working for the state of NJ as a direct care to mentally retarded clients. Now I am anal about my dental care I had only ONE dentist my whole life, and I chose the Insurance plan with which he was registered, meaning I could keep my dentist. So I go to his office, this was oh about fourteen years ago definately. Now I went to the office in which I specifically, expressly requested that dentist, as there were others who shared the office. They said "sure no problem". OK so I felt great, just perfect I wouldn't have to deal with someone else who I would not be sure wouldn't hurt my teeth,I am very sensitive to pain and my dentist was always very gentle and used NOS so it would relax me. Well go to the appointment and get a young dentist which I knew was not my dentist as I had had him for twenty years and that means he was old ok. I ask his name, well he says my dentist's last name, I said "you are not!" he said "yes I am JR...his son"...so I ask "what the heck? I wanted MY DENTIST!!!!! "
Well he says "you can't have him he's retired" and this son was NOT as good as his father!!! I went to work the next day still in pain and fuming up a storm about the whole trip...that's how I have several witnesses they couldn't understand why it was so important to me, I kept asking about their dentists and tried all of them I even changed my plan once to include one that people were raving about at my job, well I didn't like any of them not even the one I changed the plan to go to!!!! My hubby can verify this as well, as he constantly heard me bitchin about it, he would tell me "what does it matter just pick one already". anyway skip ahead a few years after the dentist fiasco, I stopped going to any dentist altogether. two years after that I left the job... two years later moved to PHILLY then three yrs after that, moved here to Florida. Just to give you some background on how long ago this incident happened for reference...skip to last week and I was telling my mom all about it and she also used the same dentist, she said "jeez he worked on my teeth right before I moved down here to Florida. He only retired right near the time I moved" That is only six years ago. Now I'd say that is a huge MAJOR discrepency!!!! Like I said I was anal about my teeth so I never EVER would have stopped going while I had Insurance for it if our dentist had NOT left the business!!!!! NO FRIKKIN WAY!!!!!! Okay...that would have been absolutely ridiculous!!!! I asked had my mother lost it and thought the son was the original, she said no way she knows who worked on her teeth(also she is as anal about it as much as I)... So explain to me what the heck happened here?
I'd sure love to know...to me something is definately amiss with MY WORLD line...I think that's a better title "worldline".

[edit on 19-3-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

He changed his mind and came out of retirement?
It happens all the time.

You could call him or visit and ask him about it. I am sure he wouldn't mind, coming from a faithful patient.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by AdAstra]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

That's very interesting.
I remember reading somewhere that time ran slower in 1930 than in 1950. (Sorry, don't remember where I read it, but the article is probably still online somewhere.)

It was quite a serious article, not something a bored blogger would concoct. I remembered the dates because the only major physics-related development (we know of) that happened in the period between those two dates was the atomic bomb.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sockmonkeywrench
I absolutely remember being taught the elliptical orbit theory... although that could have been the current thinking at the time, and science has simply updated its theories.

To clarify, we're still taught the elliptical orbit theory, which is still true, but the ellipse is almost circular now. Each year it becomes more circular just a bit.

Not sure if they just exaggerated the diagrams all these years or I'm going crazy. However, I've loved looking at astronomy diagrams and pictures my entire life, and it seems strange to me that all the diagrams were still showing very elliptical orbits the last time I looked (~2 years ago).

And I disagree with those who think we shouldn't discuss this because we won't resolve anything on a forum. I don't think there's any way to resolve this, but having no discussion won't help us. I think I can safely say that most of us know exactly how absurd this all sounds, but some things have been so mind bogglingly changed to us that it actually seems like an explanation that should be explored.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Is it being suggested that all the navigators (ships, planes) are 'in on' this secret ?

Plane set off from Sydney Australia with 231 passengers who've booked a flight to New Zealand (a trip they might have made several times)

... (deleted to not use too much space - just identifying where pulling my response from)...

The above could all be asked in relation to all the other places which are suspected of 'changing location'

Any answers ?

You don't really grasp the concept of Shift of Reality. There are several scientific studies that hypothesize that there are an infinite amount of realities. Each action creates a different reaction. An earthquake that happens in reality 1 but not reality 2. If a person somehow "steps" through to another reality then if the earthquake had never happened it would not have created a landmass 2000 years ago. Noting that... IF a person hypothetically did somehow go to another timeline NO ONE would think it was different if the accidental traveler was the only one to come through the time line. So for all but him it would seem NORMAL. It is theoretical science.

Quit being mean without at least understanding the concept behind the OP's post. As for not believing it... so what. You stated your disbelief... go on and find a "real" posting for you to believe. (Yea, I know I am late on the posting from this particular trolling comment but rudeness is really so tacky). If you don't like the hypothesis, don't click on the post... duh. Go to another post.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by mhinsey]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This reminds me of Big Block of Cheese Day on The West Wing:

Big Block of Cheese Day

Great episode...

"You can't do that?"
"Why not?"
"Because it's freakin' me out."

[edit on 29-3-2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
well I changed back to a good place recently...... as of a few days ago, Van Halen exsists again! Woohooo...

The timeline with no Van Halen was a a bit sucky!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
well I changed back to a good place recently...... as of a few days ago, Van Halen exsists again! Woohooo...

The timeline with no Van Halen was a a bit sucky!

ZOMG!!! Hott for teacher and everything!!!! This is the timeline again from the first shift I remeber back in 1989!!!!

yay! Hott for teacher, this is SUCH a more liberated timeline!! Woohoo, now I wont look like a perv anymore for running around singing hott for teacher...... I have to see if they still have "she's only seventeen...winger.... YES!!!!!!!

I have soo missed this timeline.

I am a musicaholic, so I noticed music wayyy before maps etc....

You have NO idea how much it rocks having certain music back....plus I seemed to have dropped about 40lbs this last shift. Probly from rocking out more again.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The whole timeshift as described makes no sense. First of all, most of you are talking about dimensional shift, not timeshift.

1. You would have other friends.
2. The Town you live in would have a different look.
3. Animals would be significantly different.
4. Stars must have different locations.
5. Food will have an other taste resp. there are other food the you knew before the "shift".
6. The climate would be different

7. Other Country names and borders on the whole planet.
8. Change in size of earth (other asteroids have crashed)
9. Moon would look different, and may also show us not the current front side......
...99. Other Architecture, other Species, other Plants, other Races.

Can you shifters tell me how this is possible? Maybe you should learn that your brain can produce false memory in different kinds, some of them are well known - and fascinating.

www.skepdic.com...

faculty.washington.edu...

The Key to False Memories Uncovered

Duke University Medical Center neuroscientists say the places a memory is processed in the brain may determine how someone can be absolutely certain of a past event that never occurred. These findings could help physicians better appreciate the memory changes that accompany normal aging or even lead to tools for the early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, according to Duke neuroscientist Roberto Cabeza, Ph.D. Information retrieved from memory is processed in two specific regions of the brain exactly at the same time. Each of these areas focuses on a different aspect of the past event. The medial temporal lobe (MTL), located at the base of the brain, focuses on specific facts about the event. The frontal parietal network (FPN), located at the top of the brain, is more likely to process the global gist of the event. Which brain area is accessed when trying to remember something will determine whether or not we think the memory is true or false, researchers found. "Human memory is not like computer memory - it isn't completely right all the time," said Cabeza, senior author of the paper. "There are many occasions when people feel strongly about past events, even though they might not have occurred." Cabeza scanned the brains of healthy volunteers with functional MRI as they took well-established tests of memory and false memory. Functional MRI is an imaging technique that shows what areas of the brain are used during specific mental tasks. Cabeza found that volunteers who were highly confident in memories that were indeed true showed increased activity in the fact-oriented MTL region. Volunteers who showed high confidence in memories that turned out to be false exhibited increased activity in the impressionistic FPN. People drawing from this area of the brain recalled the general idea of the event, and while they felt confident about their memories, they were often mistaken as they could not recall the details of the memory. "Specific memories don't last forever, but what ends up lasting are not specific details, but more general or global impressions," Cabeza said. "Past studies have shown that as normal brains age, they tend to lose the ability to recollect specifics faster than they lose the ability recall impressions. However, patients with Alzheimer's disease tend to lose both types of memories equally, which may prove to be a tool for early diagnosis."

Source:
www.visembryo.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

The town AND some cities are entirley different.

YES a whole different set of friends, my fun ones fro before...

animals the same.... i DO like different foods though, so you may have something there.

I even know married couples, WENT to the wedding, don't tknow each other here, and vice versa, people who didn't hang out, got married after highschool in this timeline etc...

It is super weird rembering so much from each shift.

Then again they cant keep me under with anesthetic etc when they took out my tonsils and wisdom teeth etc...

Mabey the ones who don't rember much are being drugged etc??

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

The town AND some cities are entirley different.

YES a whole different set of friends, my fun ones fro before...

animals the same.... i DO like different foods though, so you may have something there.

I even know married couples, WENT to the wedding, don't tknow each other here, and vice versa, people who didn't hang out, got married after highschool in this timeline etc...

It is super weird rembering so much from each shift.

Then again they cant keep me under with anesthetic etc when they took out my tonsils and wisdom teeth etc...

Mabey the ones who don't rember much are being drugged etc??

This sounds strange. Any Courties we don't know? and their location?
Bring me some hard examples please and I will serous listen to you.

Just for fun: can you find all failures without cheating?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7712e30f7b9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-4-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

hrrrrm....

well hawaii is missing, canada and Japan are WAYYYYY too small, russia too big, austrailia, WTH?? Figi, American somoa missing.....Yeah, Australia is in an ENTIRLEY different spot now....bermuda, yeah a LOT missing...vancouer island WAYYYY too small

looks like south america and africa are switched around......mediterranian shrunk, and all land masses are WAYYY bigger, making for a much smaller planet....like TEENY planet...

Cant tell much more without colour coding for counties or states etc...

[edit on 3-4-2010 by mellisamouse]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join