It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some cash? Flip off a cop and hope he reacts!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Man wins 50k from police- Flipping Off LEGAL!!

www.cbsnews.com...

All across the nation , people are no longer allowing the cops to abuse the law. it is perfectly legal to extend one's middle finger to a cop to express your opinion, and if they stop or arrest you, you can sue them Federally and win!

More cases: www.tri-cityherald.com...

and more: online.wsj.com...

If you have a car that is legal and does not contain contraband, and you wish to put a halt to illegal and nefarious police misconduct and false charges, then perhaps you will join me in flipping off your local cops, especially ones you dislike, and hope that they react. If they do react and arrest, detain or otherwise violate your rights then you have an excellent chance of getting the cops to pay you, and handsomely.

The cops HATE for civilians to imagine themselves as equals..the cops believe they are above the law and are there to make the law on the streets, but they WILL learn after a Federal judge slaps them with NO IMMUNITY and a stiff fine.

Sadly, the police will continue to abuse our rights unless we bring attention to their infamy and the best way to do this is to SUE them. You have to be willing to go all the way if you start this; no half measures. If you flip off a cop and he turns around and follows you or stops you, he has VIOLATED the law and can be held accountable.

No case brought so far has been rejected, and the cops are SUPPOSED to know that the First Amendment protects such gestures as free speech. If they do not ignore you and allow their ego's and little feelings to get bothered, then they can and will pay the price. Imagine the thrill of seeing a miserable thug cop weeping after finding out that he is NOT God on the streets and that he is NOT granted immunity and must pay out of his pocket for his misdeeds...THAT gets a cops attention like nothing else..guaranteed he will never harrass a legal gesture again, and he will tell his cop pals to lay off lest they also fall victim to the same laws they are supposed to be upholding but are routinely violating at will.

It may seem a bit over the top to some, but for those of us that HATE abuse of the laws by the police, it is an effective way to not only teach a thug cop a lesson, but make money as well and get TRAINING at the department so the rest of the flatfoots know the law as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Heh. I just created a thread on this very subject about an hour ago. LOL. Guess great minds think alike.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just make sure you don't do this to a cop who is hopped up on 'royds and itching to try out his new shot gun tazer skills...

Seriously though,its kind of cop entrapment,and I wouldn't reccomend that.
They have enough to deal with.

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
See I'm all for it just as a reminder to cops and everyone else that our first ammendment rights are still there!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

join me in flipping off your local cops, especially ones you dislike

Bad idea. What happens if you wreck while your flipping him off and you are stuck in a twisted pretzel of steel and you need that policeman to help you. I'm sure he will lift a finger to help you but ill let you guess what finger that would be.

Not all cops are bad. If someone breaks in your house I bet they will suddenly be your best friend huh?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

join me in flipping off your local cops, especially ones you dislike

Bad idea. What happens if you wreck while your flipping him off and you are stuck in a twisted pretzel of steel and you need that policeman to help you. I'm sure he will lift a finger to help you but ill let you guess what finger that would be.

Not all cops are bad. If someone breaks in your house I bet they will suddenly be your best friend huh?

No my Glock 22C will be.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Ha ha are you serious? Cops come by if your house is broken into and take some finger prints then leave. You will most likely never se your things again. And if you are making some lame reference like for protection from violent criminals they would rarely if ever be ther in time to be any help! Cops don't protect people, they enforce statutes. Give me a break man, my best friend if someone breaks into my house is either my rifle, shotgun, pistol, bullet proof vest, I AM NOT WORRIED about a criminal but they better be worried about me. HA oooh yeah a cop will protect me lol...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I would NOT recommend this.

Even if you have a hidden camera somewhere, your chances of winning that battle aren't good. Everyone knows some cops will lie under oath for eachother, they'll say you threatened them.

Question is, why even bring the attention of police down on you. Dont you have better things to do?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The police murdered my life for 18 years, perving into my home violating every second of my life. They organise gang stalking of people.

Anyone doing this to make money of them, better be careful they do not microwave you in your home. They are murderers as my life has shown, and after years of being microwaved now, my body is mashed.

Police equals real life serial killers.

To join the police period you have to be a mentally disturbed person who wants to kill innocent people.

Like i always said, join the police if you want to murder and you will get away with any crime you do including murder.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The problem is that many officers will just plant something on you and then you hooped! I guess if you have no record you would have a better chance. Some officers are nice tho so I would not do it randomly.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The police murdered my life for 18 years, perving into my home violating every second of my life. They organise gang stalking of people.

Anyone doing this to make money of them, better be careful they do not microwave you in your home. They are murderers as my life has shown, and after years of being microwaved now, my body is mashed.

Police equals real life serial killers.

To join the police period you have to be a mentally disturbed person who wants to kill innocent people.

Like i always said, join the police if you want to murder and you will get away with any crime you do including murder.

Wow serial killers and microwaves
I think you might have a bigger problem then the police. And if you actually think they are all mentally disturbed you might want to take a good hard look in the mirror. I think that you may have lost a wagon wheel along the way. They are not all bad some are and some are not. But I have a feeling the voices in your head will be much louder than my post.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So my tax dollars are going to go to you because you held one of your fingers in the air?

You aren't sticking it to the cops or helping crack down on law-violating police officers. You're pulling money from local communities and the state who will then either cut emergency services or recruit worse individuals for less pay.

Stupid idea. How about you get a job to make some money.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Makes me wonder how much flipping off you will do when a thief robs you?

ATS points deduction here >________________ (2nd line insertion)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You do realize when you flip somebody off,you're proving
either your age or your IQ.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
the ONLY WAY you can get money from flipping off a cop is if you have a damn good damn expensive lawyer

i promise if you flip off a cop and the cop wants to, you will go to jail, one way or another, they will make something up if they have to, they will plant drugs on you, they will do something

and in court it will be your word verse theirs and if your lawyer isnt expensive, the cops word will win

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Seriously though,its kind of cop entrapment,and I wouldn't reccomend that.
They have enough to deal with.

Yes indeed! It's all they can do to deal with all the "citizen entrapment" they're saddled with day in and day out...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

I would NOT recommend this.

Even if you have a hidden camera somewhere, your chances of winning that battle aren't good. Everyone knows some cops will lie under oath for eachother, they'll say you threatened them.

Question is, why even bring the attention of police down on you. Dont you have better things to do?

And WHY exactly do you say that chances of winning are not good? Based on what? A guess? Every time someone has brought suit for this the cops settle with cash or someone on their behalf, usually the taxpayers..but not always..but always they win. Why/ it is ESTABLISHED LAW, and cops are supposed to KNOW enough about the law to know that they are supposed to ignore provocations and allow the citizens free speech. if they are too thin skinned or ego driven to be professional and ignore the free speech gesture, then they pay for their illegal actions in trying to curb free speech illegally. Done deal.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

So my tax dollars are going to go to you because you held one of your fingers in the air?

You aren't sticking it to the cops or helping crack down on law-violating police officers. You're pulling money from local communities and the state who will then either cut emergency services or recruit worse individuals for less pay.

Stupid idea. How about you get a job to make some money.

To answer you question, it is NOT the taxpayers who should be paying, and in cases where immunity is not granted, the cop must pay. But if the department is sued and has insurance, they pay, and of course the rates go up and the taxpayers suffer...but they SHOULD suffer!! Why?

If the majority of the citizens of a given area do not care about the Constitution and their Rights, and if they do not insist that the police chief or sheriff educate their employees as to what the SETTLED LAW is, then they are NOT doing their jobs, now are they? It is not OUR fault if the police intentionally ignore the law to ' get even' or assuage their ego's..and it is not our fault if we record with a video camera the entire exchange, so all can see that the officer did nOT ignore the finger and instead decided to punish a citizen for expressing their free speech rights.

If the cops are stupid enough, or uneducated enough, or uncaring enough, to ignore the law then shame on them and they should pay. if you as a citizen supoport their deeds, then you too will pay, as well you should.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
the ONLY WAY you can get money from flipping off a cop is if you have a damn good damn expensive lawyer

i promise if you flip off a cop and the cop wants to, you will go to jail, one way or another, they will make something up if they have to, they will plant drugs on you, they will do something

and in court it will be your word verse theirs and if your lawyer isnt expensive, the cops word will win

And they will lose their jobs and go to jail when the video surfaces or witnesses come forward in court...also having the FBI investigate any civil rights issues helps a lot in keeping cops honest...or as honest as they can be kept!!

You seem to think that most cops carry dope to plant or that they are so unafraid of consequences that they go wild when confronted with LEGAL conduct...you must have zero faith in the cops, which is the right attitude, BUT I do not fear any cops and if they try to plant anything or react illegally they will pay...believe me.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
is it actually SPEECH if you aren't speaking? Wouldn't that fall under freedom of expression, not freedom of speech. I mean hey, if you want to walk up to a beat cop and tell him exactly what you think of him, be my guest- but I would be very wary of making gestures (that could easily be construed as "threatening")- then trying to claim free speech.

People who do this, without actually thinking it through, are what make things harder for the rest of us. So thanks- I guess.

<<   2 >>

join