It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant storm Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Massive storm about to impact western Europe, typically spain , portugal and france will bear the brunt of it. Poor madeira! They won't escape it and they only got hammered last week. Intense wind and rain are forecast. Haiti,Japan, now chile quake, madeira floods and now this. Earth is in revolt.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

we're all gonna die... oh not me.... their all gonna die!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yeh the Met Office in the UK has issued a advisory for severe weather affecting all of England and Wales on Sunday!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Massive storm about to impact western Europe, typically spain , portugal and france will bear the brunt of it. Poor madeira! They won't escape it and they only got hammered last week. Intense wind and rain are forecast. Haiti,Japan, now chile quake, madeira floods and now this. Earth is in revolt.

Have you got a link please.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Been following this on the weather forums I frequent on. wind-fields look dire, almost as worse as the "Klaus" storm which hit southern France a few years back.
Winds in excess of 100mph (sustained) into Portugal and Northern France, with the Channel Islands possibly seeing flooding from high-tides and combined wind factors as the low moves through.
Although Barocyclonic Leaf formation is my favourite weather phenomena, its not much fun seeing things being destroyed, especially when Ive been there to experience it at my own doorstep.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Some how some one is going to post that global warming is the cause.

There is always someone.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

"We're expecting more showers, particularly in southern areas, through Saturday. Then Sunday unleashes a really ferocious storm which is expected to batter Western Europe."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here in Spain, especially in Andalucia, where its normally really dry, they´re experiencing rain at over 200 litres per sqaure metre.

Complete villages are 6 feet under water.
Its devasting. The rivers overflow turning into raging torrents that destroy anything or anybody in its path.

It leaves asphalted roads broken into tiny pieces, like a kid breaks a biscuit.
Its like watch the begining of the movie "The day after tommororw" .

[edit on 22/02/2010 by andy1972]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by tarifa37

"We're expecting more showers, particularly in southern areas, through Saturday. Then Sunday unleashes a really ferocious storm which is expected to batter Western Europe."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks, I just watched the weather on bbc news and they are keeping an eye on the situation but for now just saying the south will get very strong winds and rain and it will be a miserable day.No warnings as yet just general caution. They are hoping the worst of the weather will miss the uk. I live on the Kent coast and part of my work is managing some properties so I always get very anxious when we get bad weather in case we get damage to the properties. Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
hi there ,

i am in Central Portugal , and i can defo say it is a bad storm , we have had bad weather all month including snow for the first time in 140 years, and this last week constant rain , hail, sleet , and thunderstorms,

now we have no electricity, and it is 12 degrees and blowing at 120kmh.

and the main bit of the storm has yet to hit us, but beware UK it is heading your way.

snoopyuk
Portugal

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yep pretty wild in scotland..

Im just west of Edinburgh, got 10 inches of snow on Wednesday followed by torrential rain which cleared it all away. From 6pm friday night the snow has not let up, back up to about 10 inches again with more on the way.

North of the forth road bridge (Perth onwards) they are experiencing up to 80cm of snowfall. From an article i read yesterday, Glenshee (ski resort in north of scotland) has reported the largest snowfall "ever" worldwide in one sitting. over 118 cms.

Personally, it brings back childhood memories of when we used to get snow like this... Awesome!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

40-50mph storms are nothing to worry about, I live in the UK and the weather is just drizzle and forecast light snow for tomorrow.
nothing to worry about. just a bit of wind and poss snow

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm just hoping the colder air to the north gets drawn in a bit more than currently indicated by the models and that with sufficiently high precipitation it cools enough to turn to snow in Evesham

But seriously, Spain and France do look likely to be badly hit. And there could be some flooding in parts of SE England too with up to 50mm expected in places.

btw, the Europeans have named the storm Xynthia (we don't use names in Britain)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I take it the germans named it xynthia then!.

I haven't seen any warnings about this storm anywhere as of yet

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Yes, the Germans.

The UK Met Office have downgraded the extent of their warnings today - only now covering south and SE England (they previously covered most of England and Wales). Main issue for us is the rain.

new topics

top topics

join