It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor's Shocking Proposal: Starve the Palestinians in Gaza into Having Fewer Babies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Well of course you have right in a logical point of view...but the wrong is that you can´t point fingers on a single group there...they all have to participate or ""not"" participate with your point of view

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you know the child and infant mortality rates ? You can't make any projection without these.

1.85 is low, you need 2.0 to replace both parents, actually a bit higher taking into account the mortality of children.
5.19 is very high and characteristic of areas where economic conditions are degraded. Ending the strict embargo will "naturally" drive the number down.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Manouche]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

The fertility rates I've cited are the net, after mortalityand other effects are accounted for.

Believe it or not, the fertility rate for Gaza has actually come down in the last few years: a couple of years ago it was over 7 per woman and before that, it was even higher. I've followed the birthrayes/fertility rates for quite some time now.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Are you sure ? I ask because you have higher numbers than the CIA factbook.

Anyway, the numbers are high, I understand you are including all the population in the area, I was still a bit shaken by your cold comments. Demography is a weapon here and was clearly defined as such on various occasions. Starving and nuking appear like poor solutions.
I don't think there is any problem with the regional ressources at the moment. The problem is that one side is consciously growing its population in an attempt to overwhelm the other side while the other side considering this as a threat is consciously trying to contain the growth by expelling and a bit of killing too.
We already have an inhumane situation here. I wish the imagination and creativity in finding new "solutions" was used for more constructive options.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

What an idiot!
Let him do the same and set an example to the entire region.

Resources? There are enough resources for everyone. With the same logic, let’s stop the Chinese and Indians from reproducing because they make 1/3 of the population of earth; let’s tell them you can’t have any more babies for the next 30 years. And let’s also add a number above which no country has the right to reproduce...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What is chilling is this guy is associated with think tank and AIPAC. Do you understand the depth of this!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
what makes me sick is that people forget they are talking about humans and NOT cattle. Disgusting...I dont care who says it

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You just now realized the "depth" of this? I'm not trying to put you down, but all AIPAC is is the Klan for Jews. It's racist, hateful, deadly, and far too involved in government for ANYONE'S good.

This crap is nothing new; it's filled the editorials, the television, the mouths of politicians and the public in America for decades; Killing lots of Arabs to benefit the zionists is acceptable to most of the American people. Why is it acceptable? Apathy, I'd like to imagine, a lack of interest that could be cured by actual information, rather than carefully screened and filtered and spun information paired with rampant anti-arab, anti-muslim hate spew from worthless carbuncles like Martin Kramer and AIPAC

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
madness this is the most oddest thing I have seen in a great while. sure let us punish children of the sins of there parents... just sad

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think a lot of Americans and Israelis would get behind him on that proposal, sadly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join