It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor's Shocking Proposal: Starve the Palestinians in Gaza into Having Fewer Babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Harvard Professor's Shocking Proposal: Starve the Palestinians in Gaza into Having Fewer Babies

www.alter net.org

Martin Kramer revealed his true colors at the Herzliya Conference, wherein he blamed political violence in the Muslim world on population growth, called for that growth to be restrained, and praised the illegal and unconscionable Israeli blockade of civilian Gazans for its effect on reducing the number of Gazans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.richard silverstein.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's the You tube video of his lecture

Something one should know about Kramer

He is listed as an associate of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, the influential think tank in Washington of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). He is associated with Daniel Pipe's 'Middle East Forum,' a neo-McCarthyite organization dedicated to harassing American academics who do not toe the political line of Israel's ruling Likud Party.

It is shocking that Kramer is given a cushy office at Harvard as a 'fellow' while spewing the most vile justifications for war crimes like the collective punishment of Gazan children. What more is such as person is associated with AIPAC.

Just some of the comment

Aging populations reject radical agenda and the Middle East is no different. Now eventually, this will happen among the Palestinians, too. But it will happen faster if the West stops providing pro-natal subsidies for Palestinians with refugee status. Those subsidies are one reason why in the ten years, from 1997 to 2007, Gaza's population grew by an astonishing 40%. At that rate, Gaza's population will double by 2030 to three million. Israel's present sanctions on Gaza have a political aim, undermine the Hamas regime, but they also break Gaza's runaway population growth and there is some evidence that they have. That may begin to crack the culture of martyrdom, which demands a constant supply of superfluous young men.

Here is Kramer himself touting his idea on his personal blog.

www.alter net.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

is this really shocking coming from someone like that moron?
he would have went well with hitlers cabinet if he was around at that time.

hes a modern day facist only diffrence he is praised by most (i say most as doubt all americans would praise him) americans

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well this guy is thinking like the old Naziz...the evolution of the jews...and is he´s going to keep his job

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is absolutly disgusting!!! What the problem is that this type of speech is accepted whereas if he were talking about Israelis being starved, he'd be attacked proffessionally, have a hate campaign on his arse and possibly be assassinated by "Aussies" or "Europeans"...

This is incitment to genocide and human rights abuse and he should be jailed for his hate speech...

He make me so angry

Magnum

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Gaza's population grew by an astonishing 40%.

So i guess no "genocide in Gaza" nonsense then, right?
As for suggestion that Gaza blockade reduces amount of potential terrorists - i think he is wrong. Poor people without any future have nothing to loose, and blockade is not helping economy of Gaza, to say the least. And while Israel blocks Hamas from spreading to West bank/Egypt and Israel - it also increases manpower Hamas can easily recruit/use. Once Hamas will come to senses a little and Gilad Shalit vs hundreds Palestinians deal will happen and if there will be no escalation on the border Israeli government will have no excuse to continue the blockade anyway. Other ways to restrain Hamas has to be found, so why not start looking for it now? Simple declaration that Israel will stop the blockade once Hamas agrees to the deal will both hurt Hamas ,speed the deal and lower international pressure on Israel. There is just tiny issue of not letting madness spread from Gaza, but if some "bright" Israeli intelligence dude thought a little before helping to create Hamas, we would not be in this mess anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by December_Rain

is this really shocking coming from someone like that moron?
he would have went well with hitlers cabinet if he was around at that time.

hes a modern day facist only diffrence he is praised by most (i say most as doubt all americans would praise him) americans

He gets no praise from me. Of course, I have never heard of him, but that's beside the point. There is no excuse for this sort of behavior and to call on the US to stop providing even the most basic human survival elements as an effort to control the population is abominable.

The issue is not "superflorous young men" it is apartheid like, discriminative, aggresive policies.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This thread is anti-semitic and anti-Israel. If self-proclaimed god's chosen want to starve the palestinians, commit war crimes, and crimes against humanity, who are we to say no? These are god's chosen, and they can do whatever they want. It says so in the bible.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well the good old Europe are starting to lean away from the israelians...why don´t the US do the same...Even the peaceloving Swedes which always supported israel are looking the other way, when muslims scaring jews out of towns in sweden...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Because they're waiting for Israel to nuke Iran, so they can start this:

projectcamelot.org...

Talks about well planned nuclear wars and also virus's to depopulate the planet, and eliminate eastern countries holding power, because they feel a catastrophe is coming soon, have built bases, and want to emerge into the world with white survivors mainly to maintain their empire into the next era.

Israel is important to their plans.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archon_Adept
This thread is anti-semitic and anti-Israel.

I had to read your tag to get that you were joking.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of some of the comments by pro-zionist trolls in the past where they suggested Gazans have more babies to overwhelm the borders as part of a 'natural expansion' invasion or some other garbage.

These comments by this secret nazi colonel prove otherwise.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

As a matter of practicality, considering the fact that the entire area is a desert, wouldn't it be better if ALL parties in the Middle East did something to curb population growth?

Nature doesn't give a rat's ass about ideologies or ethnicities: if you outstrip any area's ability to sustain life, people wil die. They will die from starvation notwithstanding the very best of intentions; they will die from wars over access to resources, no matter who controls them; they will die from disease brought about through malnutrition and crowding.

Defy that cold calculus at your own risk: I predict you will lose.

A birth rate of 3.31 children per woman in the West Bank, 5.19 per woman in Gaza, and 2.96 per woman in Israel is simply unsustainable. No one, no single country can solve the resource problem without reducing birthrates overall.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by apacheman]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He is talking about measures to curb birth rates, not starve the living. No need to be dramatic and take it out of context. The paranoia here is insane.

It would be beneficial to hear discussions of this in regards to the southern US where birth rates are ridiculously high and the babies are born unto incompetent parents that dont even know how to raise a gold fish.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I get in trouble if I write what I really feel about this and Israel.

So, I will say this is no surprise to me.

This Professor is a ....... .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

by any chance do you know the diffrence between Nature causing decline in birth rate and Man made problems causing Decline in birth rates?

Israeli aparthide and restrictions in Gaza is Man made problem

if it was nature it would be diffrent.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Excuse me, what has that to do with an overall excessive regional birthrate?

Add 2.9 per woman for Jordan, 3.12 for Syria, and 1.85 for Lebanon (good for them, they're actually doing well) and you have a recipe for demographic disaster. The area simply can't sustain growth rates like that. Pretty much everything else is irrelevant. Even if Israel disappearred tomorrow, you would have the same problems and prognosis.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Well how about nuke the whole region...that´s solving the problem for some thousand years or so, I´ll even think that some people around the world would have some premature ejaculation in their pants, at the same split second the power of the sun is revelating...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

Don't tempt me, there are times I think that might be a good idea.

But really, do try to see the pragmatic aspects not as an Arab/Palestinian vs Israeli problem, but rather as a human problem: too many people on too small a landbase with too few resources. Everyone must pitch in and address the problem or nothing good will ever happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I view this professor's statement as akin to somebody saying, "Wheels should be used to move freight." In as much as its exactly what is happening, has been for a long time & even a cursory examination of history ought to show that starving one's enemies is a favourite tactic. The trouble is that, as a tactic, it rarely works as predicted.
The human race did not get to our dominant position by any miraculous providence: we are what we are because we are massively more adaptable than other lifeforms. This ought to be born in mind when considering conflicts between groups of us. The more we are challenged, the more we come up with radical solutions to those challenges. It is our nature.
The Palastinians will not give up, no more than anyone here would willingly allow their country to be forcibly occupied. They will however do whatever it takes, no matter how "out of the box" it may seem, to get a better life, just as our ancestors have always done.
What I'd like to know is how its possible for a man to spout such idiocy & still maintain his position as a "professor".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join