It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British politician insults European Council president, Belgium (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

British politician insults European Council president, Belgium (video)

www.digitaljournal.com

Member of the European Parliament and British politician Nigel Farage publicly insulted the president of the European Council, saying he had the "charisma of a damp rag." He also called Herman Van Rompuy's home state Belgium a "non-country."

Farage continued: "Sir, you have no legitimacy in this job at all, and I can say with confidence that I can speak on behalf of the majority of the British people... we do not know you, we do not want you, and the sooner you are put out to grass, the better."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Holy (European) cow! Showdown at the O.K. Corral is all I can say. He's looking this guy (surrounded by henchmen) straight in the eye and hardly even blinks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c06819d5d220.jpeg[/atsimg]

Not heard of Nigel Farage? You will, believe me, you will:

(-just a recent taster which happens to provide a useful backdrop to his most recent showdown.)

Mr Farage is undeniably sailing close to the wind with regard to parliamentary decorum (-he's facing an official reprimand and possible disciplinary action), but he certainly knows how to get his message across.

What do you think he can achieve?

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/2/10 by pause4thought]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There's a good few threads already Im afraid.. here's the biggest - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Thanks. I did a search on the title of the article & found nothing. Maybe this is the only one in BN?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its been a long time coming that the knifes were being thrown around the political arena. I guess now every E.U. citizen can see how and to what level the politicians do actually hold such discussions.

Oh well, i guess its back to trying to figure out who is worth your vote.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
for the amount of money these people are draining
they are doing a #ty Job,

the EU has good parts and some horrible parts which are waste of time.
its also a shame we dont get a say in what happens.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
the EU has good parts and some horrible parts which are waste of time.
its also a shame we dont get a say in what happens.

Well said, one the most ridiculous thing being the monthly move from Brussels to Strasbourg.

However, I should add that Van Rompuy was fitting the profile for EU president well. Most people don't seem to understand it, but they wanted a man with little charisma, a sober appearance and without a strong opinion.

Like you said, it is a shame we don't get a say in anything. After we and the French rejected the Lisbon treaty, I believe they decided that our voice is no longer a necessity in policy making.

Although the EU has brought us many good things, it is rapidly involving into a regime similar to the US. I've turned from pro-EU to a very moderate EU stance.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's corrupt to the core* & certainly not democratic.

Here's the video from the lead article for those who haven't clicked:

*On 10th November 2009 the European Court of Auditors published their annual report on the EU's budget and refused to sign off on the accounts for the 15th year in a row.

[edit to tone down the rhetoric]

[edit on 26/2/10 by pause4thought]

new topics

top topics

join