It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lost all faith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yeap thats right, i have lost almost all my faith
after seeing the crap happening the world, i am starting to lose faith.

to many nutters going on about how god is on their side so they can justify their
own greed and lust for power.

Muslims, Christians, Jews main issue to me
full of hypcripts.

anyone find this natural or just a wake up call?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It really can be frustrating and disappointing but try not to judge God by the faults of man.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Well it is healthy to question your own beliefs including your faith . I won't try and tell you what the answers to any of your questions should be . Instead all I am going to say is that don't be afraid if any of the answers make you uncomfortable .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's good to see you can think for yourself. Never let anyone but you decide your fate

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

hard to fault when main cause of problems is people using biblical scripture to justify their actions.

reply to post by KyoZero

true, each man/woman is reposible for their own futures

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OP. that's a cop out. You don't lose faith because of hypocrites. Do you even know what hypocrite means? it means opposite of the teachings we live by.

So if you lose faith by hypocrites, then the opposite side which is God you lose faith in, the same one on your side who punishes hypocrites. Which is a contradiction imo.

God will handle evil soon.

Illusive man.

God said.

" Love your enemies and pray for them "

They don't use scripture, they twist scripture. And even non religious cerial killers use their own outlook on the world to justify their actions, same with atheist. It happens to everyone.

Kyozero.

So i can't think for myself? Before I was Godless and decided by MY OWN will to believe in revealed truth and Christ means I can't think for myself?

What if a person denied Christ and said " I thought for myself " YET they went on to be a mass murderer and said, well I thought for myself and killing nascar drivers was in my own thoguths for myself.

But anyhow. OP look. Just realize hypocrites don't speak for God. God will punish all evil according to their works.

peace

[edit on 26-2-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
KYozero. If you meant that as a general statement, than I apologize.

peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

to many nutters going on about how god is on their side so they can justify their

full of hypcripts.

So your going to allow the actions of some to cause a loss of faith?
Spoken like one of little faith. God did not betray you, your
idea of God betrayed you.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Do not allow the outside world to have influence on who you are, and what you believe.

Right and Wrong are human concepts, it is up to us to decide where we reside in this spectrum.

The world exists only in the fashion in which you choose to view it. Without atrocity's there are no miracles, without pain there is no pleasure. God does not dictate what occurs on this planet, .... we do.

God allows things to occur because we allow them.

When one undertakes the journey to find god, one needs not travel past himself.

Do not let the outside world decide anything for you. Simply allow it to become a reference point for what you choose to be.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One thing I learned is you will get no where following blind leaders. You must learn to carry the "cross" on your own without the help of your fellow man. Than when you have built enough strength you could help others.

You are not helping anyone by professing you have lost your faith. I was in your shoes about 1 year ago. I seen how corrupt religion was and drifted away because I thought it was wrong. However all this changed about 4-6 months ago. I slowly realized that I lost my faith because the people in my religion were acting the opposite of what they preached.

That is when the light came on. I realized I lost my faith because people were doing the opposite of what my religion said. Therefore, those people are not a part of my religion and that is when my journey starts.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You have not lost your hope in faith.

You have lost your hope in mankind.

Maybe you need to take a trip out away from the city or civilization and discover natures glory.

There are no books written by man that can describe that in proper words.

There you will see,hear and smell gods work.

That is as long as you do not become part of the food chain.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
the one who can question god, can question himself.
can actually choose for one life, which is god.

how can you test the spirits, if you are
never questioning them.

how can you love god,
if you can't question how he 'looks' like.

he looks bad yes, because life is (equal to) part of him,
so never stop questioning life.
so you can forgive life.

god = all = life

[edit on 28-2-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

full of hypcripts.

I wouldn't look at this as a loss of faith as much as I would a socio-cultural disillusionment. People aren't inspired to religion by faith. They are grown into it by biocultural forces working below the threshold of consciousness. People for the most part do not choose their religion but rather the dominant religion in their culture chooses them. So in christian cultures most people feel drawn to christianity, in buddhist cultures it is buddhism and in muslim cultures, islam, etc. No faith required. Just flesh, blood, bone and memes. You aren't losing faith, you are simply seeing the meme for what it is. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Jesus had the same problem. The religionists of his day had adopted a belief system based on the concept of exclusivity, meaning, "I'm OK, and you aren't, unless you are exactly like me." Jesus had to point out that children and women, and slaves and the blind and lame, are people too, and have a certain dignity based on their being human, and as it should be remembered, were all made in God's image.
Jesus did not have faith in the religion that he found here, and had to make his own religion, based on a different premise. Of course things have a way of devolving back to where they started, and so we are back to how things were before Jesus came. That is, the state of religion, which should never be worshipped, anyway.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

OP. that's a cop out. You don't lose faith because of hypocrites. Do you even know what hypocrite means? it means opposite of the teachings we live by.

So if you lose faith by hypocrites, then the opposite side which is God you lose faith in, the same one on your side who punishes hypocrites. Which is a contradiction imo.

Illusive man.

God said.

They don't use scripture, they twist scripture. And even non religious cerial killers use their own outlook on the world to justify their actions, same with atheist. It happens to everyone.

Kyozero.

So i can't think for myself? Before I was Godless and decided by MY OWN will to believe in revealed truth and Christ means I can't think for myself?

What if a person denied Christ and said " I thought for myself " YET they went on to be a mass murderer and said, well I thought for myself and killing nascar drivers was in my own thoguths for myself.

But anyhow. OP look. Just realize hypocrites don't speak for God. God will punish all evil according to their works.

peace

Thats not a cop out. He is asking genuine questions. They should not be pushed aside because of a lack of adherance to your own views. If you think for a moment this web site offers wild and divergent views, you have not set foot in one my companies. I may be one of the few business owners who tell employees to question every thing I say. The sad truth is people angry by their nature will often cling to their own interpretation of a religion. To me, THATS A COP OUT. One does not have to admit any wrongs if they dress it up as something religous.

You state you were Godless, and then saw the light. Is it even remotely possible in your mind that the human mind requires an anchor of some kind to answer those hard questions, yet often if that anchor is religion in truth its no anchor at all. Also are you saying you speak for God? If you have a hotline to the almighty, can I buy a few hours on that phone? (I will make it worth your while).

I also believe those who act in a kind and gentle manner need not have heard the name of Christ, are given a pass. Why? Because my God is one of infinate kindness, understanding, and truth. God is not concerned about lable branding. Its a lot bigger and more complex then that.

Last, is it to much to ask those who want to make a point, do so in their own words? I get very tired with those who will quote page after page of the Bible, thinking that will convince us not in your group. It won't.

It tells me you can read, but not much else.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Illusive man.

God said.

Kyozero.

peace

general statement. Anyone who is blinded by faith to me is not thinking for themselves. You follow your faith as a follower not blinded so no it wasn't to you. I praise your caring for the church whether I agree with your church or not

Don't feel bad...I've jumped the gun a few times myself

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

full of hypcripts.

I agree with you for the most part. As a deist, I think there might have been a supernatural cause for the big bang. (keeping in mind I think the supernatural is just the natural we don't understand yet). But after that, the physics and mathamatics of the universe took over. This idea precludes the concept of a "personal" God. I think the concept of religion may indeed be an artifact of the human mind. For some, consider it a coping mechanisim. Humans are able to create concepts that involve time. That means we can plan for the future, or remember the past. (Up to ten years ago, we thought only humans had this ability. Now we think dolphins, certain whale types, and elephants can do the same)

Does that mean they have a God? Or even know the concept of a god? Since I can't ask them, I don't know. Perhaps their not hinderd by religion. That would be a blessing, at least to a certain degree. And yet with elephants we do know they will hover around the body of a dead member of their tribe. They will visit that dead animal for years. Past the point it broke down leaving nothing but bones. Doing this I have to ask why? They would pick up and feel the bones for hours on end. (?) *It gave them nothing. No food or water or safety among those animals that would kill. Its a waste of energy. So why do it? As far as I'm concerned, this proved to me elaphants had two concepts of time. The here and now, and the past. Does this mean they had a god? Not to me. It showed they have memory.

Said to say, the monotheistic religions have done a very good job of condemming the human race to a position of servitude and out right fear. I have read both the bible and the koran. It did not take me long to figure out that both of these books were nothing but keep the population in line propaganda. In history the christian knights robbed and raped there way across the middle east. But after quite a while, the west grew up. Today it's the Muslims. What a confussed bunch of idiots. And please don't tell me that most Muslims are peacefull. If true, why don't they protest in favour of the west? They seem to have no problem taking advantage of what the west has to offer. First and foremost thats freedom. They don't because they are scared of the fanatics of there own kind.

You might remember a number of years ago a Dutch man published a cartoon that some Muslims took as insulting to the prophet Mohamed. I mean it was a cartoon for christs sake. They took out a contract on that guy just as they did for Salmon Rushdie. If Islam wants to join the civilized world community, start acting that thats were you belong. First dump the shiriea laws. Where a person can have their hand cut off for stealing a loaf of bread, that to me is one definition of insanity. Second, the idea that you will be able to have your way with so many virgins after death if your a good Muslim in life. What incredible bildge. Perhaps if you treated women as equals and not property, you might understand how stupid this concept is.

So in part I think if humans had not invented the monotheistic religions, we would all be better off. And yet today, in fact this very moment, I think it was going to happen one way or the other. Because humans did not understand what caused certain problems, like earth quakes etc, they invented the concept of a god. It was something that was to give the population a little peace. Of course it was only an illusion.

So in closing, I believe in the rule treat others as you would want to be treated. For God sake, never usea god as your excuse for being a major leage prick. This does not just apply to human beings, but animals as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No not really, if I had to make a guess, I'd say you really never had any faith and if you did it was really weak. You talk about all this stuff going on in the world right now if you had any faith and if you ever put any effort into the bible you would realize all this is supposed to be going on right now, and if you realized that then you would have a ton of faith. Sad really.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

illusive man,

What was your faith?

Please do not be disheartened! Faith is like the ocean, it ebbs and flows.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
O ye o little faith, Satan walks arounds looking for whom he may consume.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join