It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the ATS news with Johnny Anonymous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Is he on hiatus? I haven't seen anything from him in a while. I really like the program. I hope it doesn't go under like some of the previous ATS media installments like ATSmix, etc. Does anyone know what's up with it? Or am I just being a little impatient?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
He's probably chained to a wall 7 stories underground in an undisclosed location. FREE JOHNNY!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think its just a once month thing, I just watched the last one not to long ago(about a month)
I remember them saying that they were doing some changes to the site, so there could be a delay in doing some of the media.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by TwoTechnics]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Might be waiting for a new huge thread that is sufficiently significant to report on that is on a different topic that has not already been covered.

Or he might be cooking up something good that is different. Maybe a slight format change or something like ATS: NXT

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTechnics

I'm fairly certain I remember it originally was supposed to be a bi-weekly thing. But I guess that doing it every 2 weeks was very time-consuming. Maybe we could have it once a month with an extended broadcast worth 60 minutes to cover a wide range of topics and interview guests and stuff like that? I just remember that it was supposed to be more often that's all, or, at least I think that it was supposed to be that way.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Johnny went back to Plaides for some critical upgrades. I channeled with him just a few seconds ago, and the nanites were rebuilding a firmware upgrade to his neural net. He’ll be back soon.

Just kidding (added for those how would have taken this seriously)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe they're are just waiting for something good to come up.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think more often than once a month would be too frequent, and I'm not even sure a fixed monthly interval is necessary if there aren't enough popular stories to fill an episode. I liked it too though because it sometimes mentions stories I hadn't found on my own (not that they were hard to find but because I really wasn't looking for them). But once every month or two seems about right to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way because JA seems like a really cool guy, but he's not very good at reporting the news. I think if ATS wants to make the news thing better then they should spend some money on someone a little more professional. If they are working on a bit of an overhaul for it, then I hope thats in the cards.

Again, not tryin to start a fight cuz I know JA has a lot of fans, just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Yeah, I'm worried about it too. They said "we're working on it, we're working on it", but that's the same thing they said when ATS Mix came to a sudden end. (After an absolutely fantastic run I might add!)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Don't take this the wrong way because JA seems like a really cool guy, but he's not very good at reporting the news. I think if ATS wants to make the news thing better then they should spend some money on someone a little more professional. If they are working on a bit of an overhaul for it, then I hope thats in the cards.

Again, not tryin to start a fight cuz I know JA has a lot of fans, just my opinion.

G'day liquidsmoke

What is it that you find about JA that leads you to conclude "he's not very good at reporting the news"?

I think he.....

- Speaks well

- Transmits a positive attitude

- Looks pleasant & professional

- Demonstrates a passion for ATS & the material he is presenting

To my mind, these things = JA is OK

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
What is it that you find about JA that leads you to conclude "he's not very good at reporting the news"?

I think he.....
- Speaks well

I agree with that, but the criticism I've heard I have to partially agree with, but I'm not sure they can find anybody who won't have the same issue.

Let me make up an imaginary title for a thread so I don't step on anyone's toes, but it's called "Elvis comes back from dead and has illegitimate hybrid child with alien from Zeta Reticuli", now if that's one of the most popular threads on ATS, chances are it's the reporter's job to mention it, whether it's JA or anyone else. And some people have accused him of not sounding like he takes some of the threads he discusses completely seriously, though I'm sure there are others that he thinks are valid topics like I do.

So my guess is, you won't find one person to agree with all the popular threads on ATS, and they will have to hide their disbelief when they talk about it to try to appear non-biased. So from that perspective I think JA is doing a better job that I could of appearing non-biased about some threads he may not completely agree with when he discusses them, but I don't think anybody can hide their bias completely. So yeah in spite of that claim he may not completely believe every thread he reports on (and who would?), I think he's doing a good job.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by Arbitrageur

well put.
he also winks too much, like there's an inside disinformation joke going on?
is he trying yell like matthews and jones, or does it just seem that way?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I think he.....

- Speaks well

To my mind, these things = JA is OK

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JA, wherever you are, you do a great service and have a professional quality behind you.

You should be named "Jonny TheBOMBamous. No? Ok...I tried...what-ever.

We can't ALL be good at presenting stuff...

Big salute to JA, and a metaphorical-star for Maybe...Maybe Not.

PS- Jonny, hit me up if you ever need some art work or a Mask! Love you snooky poo!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What happened to the ATS news with Johnny Anonymous?

He became anonymous ;-)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Because Johnny isnt here ATS will break APART

I chipped him, he's in an underground bunker of some-sort in NEVADA.

FREE HIM!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
ATS is going under renovation for a new look and feel. There are numerous threads by SkepticOverlord about this. So I would assume that ATS News is put on hold right now.

Stay tuned for ATS 2010

Thread closed. Please add any additional thoughts about this topic to the ongoing discussion: ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future? or The ATS Issues Thread.

Thread closed.

[edit on February 26th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join