It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incorruptible Saints....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This site has many photos of incorruptible Saints from around the Planet!
overcomeproblems.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Cool post!

I love it when God does stuff like this to show people which one is the true religion.

3. Incorruptibles - These type of preserved bodies started being discovered back in the early centuries after Christ, though surprisingly, they do not fall into either the accidental or deliberate natural preservation categories above. The causes for "incorruptibles" remaining free of decomposition have baffled scientists to this day. These bodies are discovered in many different environments, including environments that would typically cause an accidental or deliberately preserved corpse to decompose rapidly. They remain free of decay regardless of manner of burial, delay in burial, temperature, moisture, rough handling, frequent transference, having been covered in quicklime (a decaying agent), or proximity to other decaying corpses. They cannot be explained by science or reason. Some common characteristics of an incorrupt body:

Incorruptibles are typically found lifelike, moist, flexible, and contain a sweet scent that many say smells like roses or other flowers, for years after death.

Incorruptibles are almost never embalmed or treated in any way due to the religious order's beliefs that the person came from.

Incorruptibles remain free of decay, some for centuries, despite circumstances which normally cause decay such as being exposed to air, moisture, other decaying bodies, or other variables such as quicklime, which is typically applied to a corpse to accelerate decomposition.

Incorruptibles many times contain clear, flowing oils, perspiration, and flowing blood for years after death, where accidental or deliberately preserved bodies have never been recorded to have such characteristics.

Other partial incorruptibles have been found throughout the centuries where certain parts of the body decay normally, while other parts such as the heart or tongue remain perfectly free of decomposition.

What is most astounding of all is the fact that for each incorrupt body discovered, after research has been done to determine who the person was, it has always been determined that the person was an extremely devout Catholic. This inevitably leads to the question, How can the process of decay, which has no intelligence, choose which bodies to devour and not to devour, and why do they happen to be devout Catholics? (For claims of incorrupt Orthodox Christians, we could not find proof for them during our research. Please see our page on the subject here.) There is no other way to describe this phenomena than to state that it is supernatural rather than natural, and that it is simply miraculous.

Raed more: Source

What part of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus don't you understand?

[edit on 21-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Still experiencing SB hangover, but those are interesting pics.

On display forever.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I still dont see the point in preserving Body tissue! except for adoration!
but i thought saints were above all that!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That is absolutely incredible
Miracles and proof for all the skeptics to see. Thank you for raising this issue again. I also hope to those who are caretakers, please put them back to their peace. That bothers me constantly on history channel, etc, scientists are no better than grave robbers in that sense. Where is the respect? There appears to be a limited time offer on respect for the dead.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Great thread. I wonder If this is just a saint thing or what? Why is it that only the saints bodies have been preserved?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You'v got various heads of state preserved but that's man's interference!
this is something else entirely!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Anybody know if any of these were given any type of postmortem to see in detail whats going on?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is just the saints. They are awaiting the ressurection. Not all saints aboviously are incorrupt. God leaves certain souls incorrupt as a sign not only of a miracle but of a sign of the ressurection.

Now, God does this with eucharistic miracles and other things having to do with the catholic faith.

One of my favorites was bernadette.

pachome1.pacific.net.sg...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
wait wait hold the presses!!!!!!

Catholic caveman, a fellow Catholic in this forum!!!!!!!!! WThech???

I thought I was the only one on an island of my own...

lol...

peace

new topics

top topics

join