It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War (Revolution)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

If your American you probably won't fully get this. Put it this way, look at some old british comedy, man gets leg cut off and carries on with his job. Everyone laughs.

Naw, Americans are more like the Black Knight in Monty Pythons Holy Grail. They never know when to give up.

The 'carry on' thing that you talk about is probably best done comedicly in National Lampoons European Vacation. Actually, Eric Idle is the guy who played that part. Seems that Monty Python had a lot of social commentary hidden in their comedy.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for spending some time to write down some wise words on this thread. I "soaked up the whole lot" as we british say.

I am joining the army and have wanted to regardless of world issues but i believe if things do deteriorate then i've got a good chance of surviving.

Even if it does mean serving for a more "Evil" power, i wouldn't want to be one of the people that just gets exterminated by whoever is controlling things.

And i don't live in Birmingham anymore so it would be a lot harder to get hold of a decent shooter..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

If your American you probably won't fully get this. Put it this way, look at some old british comedy, man gets leg cut off and carries on with his job. Everyone laughs.

Naw, Americans are more like the Black Knight in Monty Pythons Holy Grail. They never know when to give up.

The 'carry on' thing that you talk about is probably best done comedicly in National Lampoons European Vacation. Actually, Eric Idle is the guy who played that part. Seems that Monty Python had a lot of social commentary hidden in their comedy.

Americans on the general do like to kick up a fuss about things whereas Britains are a reserved nation.

I didn't make that comment expecting a debate because this is not widely unknown... Even though america faces more issues, on the whole most like to rant about the smaller issues more than most british would.

And i'm not slagging off Americans, it isn't a bad thing to kick up a fuss when your not happy. Being reserved is a bad thing, it leads to deterioration.

No hard feelings geezer... i've got into a lot of arguements because an american has taken me the wrong way. Not just on the internet but in real life.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well, that got a laugh out of me. No, no debate here. I seriously doubt that there will be any kind of revolution in America. Americans just simply do not have it in them. There's no leadership that can be trusted, and we all have bills to pay so we soldier on with our jobs. A few 'might' be waiting for that first round of shots to be fired, but who those are is unknown.

/geezer, indeed! Now, where did I put that banana?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I don't really understand the last bit of your post but it doesn't seem to have a negative or hostile vibe to it.

Nice discussing with you i don't usually have much luck talking to people from different countries. And i haven't come across a troll in this forum yet even though the internet is teeming with them

I thought there was quite a lot of americans prepering for a revolution?
Stockpiling ammunition and such. In a way i wish it was as just as easy to get hold of firearm over here as it is in the USA. Then in another way i don't, just from looking at the death toles some of your states have.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I thought there was quite a lot of americans prepering for a revolution?
Stockpiling ammunition and such. In a way i wish it was as just as easy to get hold of firearm over here as it is in the USA. Then in another way i don't, just from looking at the death toles some of your states have.

Our death tolls are just slight of hand, so are the statistics for firearm related crimes. The death tolls include any sort of cause of death. firearm death tolls include any cause of death if there is a firearm in the vicinity whether or not it was used.

Firearm related crime rates are reported higher than they actually are. For instance, if I run a red light, get stopped for any infraction, am involved in a 'real' crime, if there is a firearm even peripherally involved or uninvolved then it is put into the firearm related crime statistic.

I know a lot of other gun owners, and I don't know of one that is stockpiling. Sure, you see them in the forums all the time, but they are not even a small percentage of the population. Plus it all depends on what someone considers 'stockpiling'. I, myself, have 250 rounds of 9mm ammunition. A big stockpiler will say that's not enough. As far as I'm concerned if I make it to the point where I need to start reloading a magazine I'll be doing fantastic. All these stockpilers can only fire one rifle/shotgun at a time, or two pistols if he is just looking to scare his attackers. If they get to the point where they can grab another firearm, or start needing to reload magazines, they are doing fantastic.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Yeah i guess the media hype it up a lot. Still a lot of guns about by the sounds of it though

I'm guessing you'd be pretty much failing from the start if you didn't have a gun when the s*** hits the fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join