It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Keep going Ron Paul you're the man. You're the only man in Washington that deserves to be president.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
dont u love how when the people, the common folk backbone of america support a candidate they call us, "the populist vote". like being populist is bad, ever seen this? i love the media and thier labels... oh no hes a crazy whacko populist watch out....

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is front page CNN right now too. Major big news!

I am happy to see that REAL conservatives outnumber the fakes and ignorants that give conservatism a bad name.

Let's hope that this sentiment sticks around and grows. I am really proud to see this development. It has been a long time in the making.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
dont u love how when the people, the common folk backbone of america support a candidate they call us, "the populist vote". like being populist is bad, ever seen this? i love the media and thier labels... oh no hes a crazy whacko populist watch out....

The MEDIA wishes it was Populist. Instead they are Corporatist.

The media is especially evil for lying outright the way they do about things. Like the way they demonized Paul back right when he was getting huge during the run up to 2008 elections.

It is really obvious and disappointing that their tactics are so unfair. It's not like they are actually smart or something, if they were they could argue vs him based on points and facts rather than resorting to just simply lying about him and demonizing him based on pure LIES.

Remember when they said he was racist?? LIES they were....

[edit on 20-2-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

This statement irks me greatly as I followed Ron Paul as Fox News marginalized him including Glenn Beck (then on CNN). Then Fox News and Glenn Beck, and the whole Republican Party adopt Ron Pauls message, but continue to support undeclared wars. The only reason Ron Paul didn't have a chance is because the media didn't cover his stance as they did with the other Selected candidates that just so happened to win their nomination.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
this from cnn....

The announcement of Paul's win, a surprise victory unlikely to have a major impact on the 2012 presidential contest, drew a volley of loud boos from the CPAC audience.

unfortunately RP will never be president, but even if he was, the most fickle society in the world would turn on him in one years time or less when they realized his policies were causing things like unemployment to skyrocket. and everyone who still had a job would hate his stance on the wars. Def one term pres., in fact, he'd be lucky to make one term.

anyways, Go RON PAUL!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Expect Ron Paul to win every unscientific poll, every online poll, and raise ungodly amounts of campaign cash. Then when the adults actually vote he ends up with 1% or 2 % just like in 2008.

Great way to twist facts there buddy.

Here in the great state of PA, Ron Paul was not even on the ballot. They wouldn't let him on it.

I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR HIM! They said AND I QUOTE "IF you write in Paul we have to THROW THE VOTE AWAY, Sorry!"

So take your "he only got 1% or 2%" and 'put it where the sun don't shine'. lol

SPIN ZONE much???

This was ELECTION FRAUD. If I am NOT allowed to vote for a candidate than Obviously, the ELECTION is RIGGED!!

Yes I am angry. Sorry. I just hate these lies and the way I am marginalized illegally by these tyrants. Illegally!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The smear campaign against Ron Paul is going to kick into HIGH GEAR.

Watch.

He'll be named everything in the book. They will try to destroy him on Fox News.

Someone should tell Eurisko that Sarah Palin got only 7 percent!

[edit on 20-2-2010 by David9176]

It will be that or he'll end up dead. If he actually gets traction in the primaries I would be shocked. I like the guys stance on many issues but, I'm going to put a bit reality in here. I don't think he can get elected. There are still far too many people dependent on the system to tolerate anyone who would bring serious change to it. American's generally tolerate more entitlement programs, but not their removal. We'll see though. We've got two years left, a lot could change.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

thats exactly how this two-party dictatorship works... by making laws that fit thier agenda.. that is how they rig elections it is how they control the process...

so did the people at CPAC boo cause ron paul won cause i mean wasnt it them who voted??

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ron Paul would have already become president had the media honestly reported or if the honest and decent corporations wouldn't have undermined him with their billion dollar armies of Zionism thrashing every bush to undermine the one man that would have been good for America and Americans.

Most of all, if the "TOO BIG TO SUCCEED" Republican Party had not sabotaged Ron Paul efforts and with the continual lies of all the media channels. Together they sold this nation down the river and here we are today with Obama and the currently playing circus De imbeciles.

Only the fools were hypnotized many were not. Many of course knew from the beginning what Ron Paul was about and why his words were different to Americans. This is of course way back before there were any Tea Party's and the same old Republican tricks and divisive behavior. The Republican Masters of the world wouldn't hear of it because they didn't think of it and of course their Zionist corporate masters said no no no way.

Ron Paul is currently the only man living regardless of age that I would vote for. As long as he is seeking an American's vote for America, he will always have mine because he has been for Americans for much longer than most realize and anyone who looks at that record will see what is missing from Washington.

Only the morons and those too ignorant to spell GED would undermine this man. He is no messiah, but he is a real leader with courage and these days, that's a rare quality of integrity and decency not found in today's politicians.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Ron Paul is currently the only man living regardless of age that I would vote for

100% agree. You would get more stars if I could give them.

Someone in another thread was trying to debate with me about Sarah Palin and how great she is. They actually had the gall to use the words "she(SP)" and "fiscal sanity" in the same sentence.

If SP is a way to "fiscal sanity", then either I have gone insane or am in Bizarro world, where everything is turned upside down. Those words are pretty much the way people have described RP over the years and no one else. No one else has any knowledge of money, it seems, as evidenced by the fact that it's taken RP thirty odd years to finally get the audit the fed bill going and it's lying somewhere doing nothing. Even if it fails, he tried, which is more than any other politician since, oh, I don't know, maybe JFK? Look a the price he paid.

I guess the brainwashing really does work if people are thinking Sarah Palin is a way to fiscal sanity, boy that still cracks me up how awfully insane that statement is. It worked in the last election when Ron Paul was made to look like a kook and completely undermined the whole way through by the MSM and his own party.

I don't know if I could go through all that again. To watch it happen was truly disheartening. Heck, just watching the documentary on his campaign recently was hard, reliving it all. If he runs and doesn't get elected again I don't know how I could take that. It might be better to not even get my hopes up.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
posted a new thread re the Fed, with details of status of Ron Paul's Audit the Fed bill LINK this is important

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Proud to say I supported and donated(max allowed) to Ron Paul before he raised his first million in the last election. If he runs again, I'm sure I will do it again because none of the others even deserve consideration.

I'm so glad Palin only got 7%, cuz I can't stand her. I'm so sick of people like her and the GOP shoving themselves into things to try and make themselves relevant. Guess what? You aren't relevant and nobody gives a crap outside the most hardcore of dumb people.

I first heard about this vote from another forum. In this forum it use to be diehard conservatives and bush supporters, and a few democrats. 95% of them support Ron Paul and all but like 2 or 3 of them are still fooled by the GOP/Palin. Even the democrats on the forum like Ron Paul.

All the last election proved is that the game is rigged.

And btw, I could care less how old he is. Sorry, but I am not that superficial.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

sarah palin is a joke and a manchurian candidate... shes a talkin head with a pair of legs... im amazed she got 7%

Sarah Palin couldn't have pointed Iraq out on a world map - even with a bridge to nowhere going right to it!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That's outstanding. It's hard to imagine that with barely any MSM coverage that he could do this.

I think there is something to be said for someone that can beat Romney without at least FOX news backing him. I also think it says alot about the tone of the political atmosphere, as well as the tone amongst the people. Of course I understand that it was an early poll, but it is still quite impressive.

Ron Paul in my opinion is an outstanding candidate. Preferable over Obama, McCain, Romney, Hilary, and pretty much every other politician that has their face plastered all over the news all the time.

It seems that anyone these days can become a big shot in the political realm with the backing of a few of the talking heads. I tip my hat to Paul for gaining his supporters through substance and not talking points.

I hope it pans out for Paul in 2012.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The Republicans will ignore Ron Paul as usual. I think Ron Paul should run as a third party candidate if he really wants a chance. Independent or even a new party yet to be named. If the American people want to send the political machine in Washington a message we should all get behind a third party.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would like to see Ron Paul become president. I do agree with many of his ideas.

I think that it's up to the American Voter to make damn sure that we elect honest real people into our government. 2010 is your next chance. Will you vote for the independent? Or are you going to just vote a straight ticket?

It's your choice America, this is where you have the power. You give the Independent the vote and break up the two party insanity, I can see real good things happening for this country.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yea3h, I wish Ron Paul was the front runner. He's the front runner for the conservative part of the republican party, and that's about it.
As you already know both parties have conservatives.
Republican conservative confuse me the most.
They were the core of the bush support, and he made government and spending huge. He wasn't conservative. That's what is really scary to me anyway. He and Paulson killed what was left of america in the last year of the bush term. Conservatives want him locked up.
As you know conservatives in the republican party are also the minority.
So, congradulations to Ron Paul, but I know I can't get tricked or fooled.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The Republicans will ignore Ron Paul as usual. I think Ron Paul should run as a third party candidate if he really wants a chance. Independent or even a new party yet to be named. If the American people want to send the political machine in Washington a message we should all get behind a third party.

Hello,
I definately want Paul to win in '12. Let him pick his cabinet members from the third party, fourth party. Personally, I'd like to see the two main parties buried in the past. They've failed over and over again. It's insanity to keep voting for the same two-faced party and expect a different out-come. There's a "Constitutionalist" party that seems to me deserving a go at it. I mean, they haven't failed us yet? If the Tea party has been infiltrated by "good old fashioned policy" blockers (Republican/Democrat) I'd include them in my post, so, edit that last remark from memory-K?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Finally some good news , been a dismal last few days.

I'll take this any day, Ron P for the win

Ron P for the Hope.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join