It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Spoke to a Tree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

After reading several ridiculing post here to the OP, I wan't to cite a quote;

"What kind of times are they, when
A talk about trees is almost a crime
Because it implies silence about so many horrors?"
- Bertolt Brec

"Spirituality automatically leads to humility. When a flower develops
into a fruit, the petals drop off on its own. When one becomes spiritual,
the ego vanishes gradually on its own. A tree laden with fruits always
bends low. Humility is a sign of greatness."
- Sri Ramakrishna

OP thank you for sharing your story. Nature is pure and simple yet so beautiful and complex. One can feel a spiritual connection like a undercurrent to nature if they so wish too. From the earliest times, trees have been the focus of religious life of many peoples around
the world. As the largest plant on earth, the tree has been a major source of stimulation to the mythic imagination. Trees have been invested in all cultures with a dignity unique to their own nature, and tree cults, in which a single tree or a grove of trees is worshipped,have flourished at different times almost everywhere. Even today there are sacred woods in India and Japan.

And I love this quote from Jacquelyn Hiller

"There was a handsome male mockingbird that sang his heart out
every morning during the nesting season from the top of a tall
Norfolk Pine tree. Last week the tree was cut down. The
mockingbird and his song are gone. I can't put a dollar value
on the tree nor on the mockingbird nor on his song. But I know
that I - and our whole neighborhood - have suffered a loss. I
wouldn't know how to count it in dollars."

[edit on 20-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Bernie Krauser, discovery of biophony, has recorded the singing of trees:

www.youtube.com...

I was always with the old oaks in the big front yard of my childhood. Then much later, after having moved, I had a dream about one of the old oak trees -- only there was a rainbow aura around the tree. Interesting I thought -- maybe some sort of spirit communication. Then I dreamt of this white bear standing up against one of the other old oak trees. So I went back to the yard, as it had been a few months since I had seen it. Sure enough the same old oak tree that I had dreamt of a big white bear standing against, was now cut down. It was the only oak tree cut down since I had last seen the yard. And then I discovered that for circumpolar cultures the bear is considered the most important spiritual animal. So I think trees do communicate with us if we are properly tuning in.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

hmm..maybe thats the issue, you may call them insane, but I don't think everyone would. Judging by many posts in this thread there are people who don't find it insane
So it just ends up looking like youre just being insulting.

Personally I find it completely possible to "communicate" with trees, I haven't been able to yet, but I'm in no position to condemn someone else, actually I wish they would teach me

I have to say, when in a huge untouched forest, which there are many where I live, there does seem to be an energy thats hard to explain, like you're being watched over...quite humbling and revitalizing.

But anywho, not trying to take a shot at you, just saying, sometimes you just have to bite your tongue, you know.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I don't see why my post was removed lol if somebody in the real world said they talked to a tree I would call then insane and I know you would too so
whoever deletes my posts, stop living in a state of denial.

Because regardless of this being the Gray Area, ATS rules still apply:

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Thus the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use require us to be civil:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

And let us remember what is posted at the top of every thread in The Gray Area:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

[edit on February 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Talking to trees can be very dangerous, you're very lucky he didn't BARK at you.

...but it probably wasn't the tree you were communicating with it was probably a dwende or leprechaun or something.

I've heard that their BARK is worse than their bite.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Considering the several comments removed due to dismissal of the thread topic I thought this new quote from Rupert Sheldrake, regarding his recent discussion with Richard Dawkins was apropos:

dailygrail.com...

He compared the lack of acceptance of telepathy by scientists such as himself with the way in which the echo-location system had been discovered in bats, followed by its rapid acceptance within the scientific community in the 1940s. In fact, as I later discovered, Lazzaro Spallanzani had shown in 1793 that bats rely on hearing to find their way around, but sceptical opponents dismissed his experiments as flawed, and helped set back research for well over a century. However, Richard recognized that telepathy posed a more radical challenge than echo-location. He said that if it really occurred, it would "turn the laws of physics upside down," and added, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." "This depends on what you regard as extraordinary", I replied. "Most people say they have experienced telepathy, especially in connection with telephone calls. In that sense, telepathy is ordinary. The claim that most people are deluded about their own experience is extraordinary. Where is the extraordinary evidence for that?"

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't see why my post was removed lol if somebody in the real world said they talked to a tree I would call then insane and I know you would too so

One time I was running through the woods, I was running from a farmer, who was going to shoot me for hunting on his property,

As he got closer I sat by a tree, he circled the tree several times, shouting," I know you are in here and when I find you I am going to shoot you," I became the tree, or the tree became me, I don't know, but he stood so close to me I could have reached out an touched him.

He walked away.

I am sorry farmer, I was young and foolish.

I can tell many mysterious stories,

[edit on 062828p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow. That's interesting.

Very similar to what happened to a guy in the book "The Celestine Prophecy". I wonder if by becoming one with the tree, it can raise your vibration to the point that the visible light spectrum transmits through you instead of reflecting?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think what you did was wonderful, OP, and it's too bad more of us dont follow your lead.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0d057bfb192.jpg[/atsimg]

Trees are INDEED alive, they speak with all of nature..they've been our guardians since life began.

Of course , Ive never seen them like the ENT above..but, communicating with them is a gift, and you seem to have found it

My dad always called me a "Tree Hugger", btw..it would do all of us good to hug one.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'd like to roughly quote from another member:

How much and what kind of drug needs to be used before I too can talk to trees?

Love the imagination though, A real life avatar thing you got going on here.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

I have always been diehard into Nature, going for walks taking pictures, observing wildlife, etc. But never once have I sat and tried talking to a tree and also can't say that I've ever had the urge to talk to one. Seriously you may need some help becuase this isn't normal behavior, just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I talk to trees too, and have felt them, they are sentient and alive and waiting for us to notice. I'm sure they consider us asleep, and mind controlled. Nature is our greatest teachers.

I think the sleepers are nutty, to not even notice this.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Why is there so much hate in this thread? why do people feel the need to derail threads that they don't understand. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I too have communicated with a tree. I did not talk to it, for I didn't need to . There was a tree from my youth that I would always climb in. When I left for college, I didn't see it for 4 months. When I went back home, one of the first things I did was climb my favorite tree from my youth.

As I stood in the tree, I got the urge to plant my feet into the branches while also stretching out my arms and grabbing onto other branches. Since I am of a darker skin color, my legs and arms looked exactly like the branches of my favorite tree. I closed my eyes, and I was part of the tree. It was a great feeling and I felt myself being nourished from the earth. I understood nature just a little bit more that day.

To all the people who left negative and mean comments in this thread, I suggest you go out into nature and feel it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

just because something seems abnormal to you, doesnt mean its going to be abnormal to everyone. i think that sometimes people forget that the world doesnt only revolve around their beliefs and their ideas. that the world is full of people with a plethora of beliefs and ideas. thats what makes this place so interesting. there is no one way to think or one way to act or live.

im having a hard time understanding why people are being so...critical. whatever happened to having an open mind and trying to understand other people and their experiences? why do people immediately judge without trying to at least understand the way the other person thinks and feels about something? to be honest i personally feel that people who cant communicate with nature to be the abnormal ones that possibly need some help. but im not going to run around criticizing people for non-belief. I try to understand their point of view. I try to understand why its hard for them to communicate with their world. i can understand that because it hasnt been explained away by science that its hard to believe. i understand that because its not something you would normally experience and take in with your senses that its hard to believe. i do my best to *understand all perspectives*

i can completely and totally relate to the OP. I have a deep connection with nature, animals, the wind, the sun, the waters, the stars, etc. I converse with trees, i converse with land, i converse with animals. and never once do i have to open my mouth and make a sound. they understand your energies just like we can understand theirs. some people may prefer to be vocal in their approach to communication, some people may use physical touch to be able to communicate. we all do things differently.

i had an experience a few years ago now, when i was starting to learn about the energies in the universe, and how everything is connected. i was sitting outside on the grass at a festival listening to music. i was absentmindedly just playing with the grass and tugging it a little. and then i pulled some of the grass out of the ground. I instantly felt a pang of sadness and hurt, like the ground was telling me that i just hurt it for tugging its grass. i felt so horrible that i apologized immediately, and since then i pay very close attention to the strange feelings i get from everything all around me. the universe wants to communicate with you...but if you have closed ears how will you hear it?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just had to say this... last winter we endure the worst ice storm ever for this area... over three inches of ice... my husband and I layed awake all night listening to what sounded like bombs going off... it was trees breaking and falling...I cried for them! One tree in our yard inparticular... a pine tree... broken and bent to a shell of its former self.....made me cry.... why....because down the side of the tree... were two frozen streams... it looked like the tree had cried and the tears froze as they fell.... who am I to say it didn't......... I hugged the tree, I couldn't help it, it broke my heart. I believe that the Bible states somewhere that one day the trees will rejoice.... now go ahead and flame me!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
sometimes you really can feel their pain, you can feel it in your own body as if you were in pain yourself. I relate to your experience a lot

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I enjoyed the thread, thanks. There is nothing wrong with wanting to understand things that are beyond our logic. Some people just love to ridicule.
We lost a sycamore tree in hurricane Ike that was older than the founding fathers of this country. I was very sad. It bothered me worse than all the damage to property. I truly felt like I lost something important. I watched it put up a good fight, but in the end, the tree lost. So many people stopped just to take a picture of the fallen giant.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
We are all connected to each other, all being are connected to one power source. The universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join