It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lancashire Telegraph: Is this a UFO in the sky over Rossendale? (picture)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
G'day

Here's an article from the Lancashire Telegraph in the UK.

Is this a UFO in the sky over Rossendale?

12:19pm Wednesday 17th February 2010

By Nazia Parveen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b1f7621767.jpg[/atsimg]

A SILVER saucer appears to be hovering in the sky above a sleepy East Lancashire village in this quick snap taken on a mobile phone.

Aron Sacks was looking out of his bedroom window in the village of Stacksteads when he saw something strange floating in the sky.

The 34-year-old grabbed his mobile phone and snapped the mysterious object before it disappeared into the murky grey seconds later.

He claims that it hovered in the sky for a few seconds before silently zooming off at high speed......

The full article is here:

www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...

Here's a zoom on the "object":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83cbed6db0aa.jpg[/atsimg]

This sort of thing always makes for interesting discussion.

What do you think?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well , its certainly an interesting image. The article says that the father of the witness also had some sightings of UFO many years ago. I wonder how that will be spun by some folks on here.
On face value, its a pretty standard shape for what folks know to be UFO, and the report the witness made is on a par with many other reports, containing as it does similar information. That can be both reasuring and damning as to the authenticity of the claims he makes.
I think the only way to know for sure that this isnt yet ANOTHER hoax, is to request some radar information for the area in question ... I wouldnt know how to do that though
. If there IS something on the radar return for that area then that shows at least that whatever is in that picture , was in fact aloft, and not a prop , hung in an opticaly illusive position.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hiya Maybe. Rossendale is an area I know. Beautiful in parts and a population like Shaun of the Dead.

It used to part of the 'UFO Corridor' of the 1980s/90s. UFOs and black triangles were reported in the press. A couple of motorways converge around there so police helicopters are frequent. Who's to say?

Looking at the piccy, I'm thinking it could be edited. If you magnify it, there's a slight distortion around the edges. I'm not a photoshop expert...at all. However, I've seen this sign in other threads to be evidence of photoshop. Someone else may be a better judge?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

G'day TrueBrit

This place seems to have some "UFO history".....

Lancashire Telegraph

5:20pm Tuesday 3rd March 2009

Water link to Rossendale UFO sightings

THE Rossendale Valley’s close proximity to water could be the reason for the recent UFO sightings according to an investigator.

Pat Regan, who was filmed for a show called UFO Hunters, which airs on the US History Channel, believes he may have found a link to the unusual activity above Rossendale.

He said: “Historically, many sightings have been associated with large bodies of water.

“We also have claims of secret testing of military aircraft and drones from facilities such as BAE.”

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

G'day Kandinsky

Congrats again on that terrific new "famous hoaxes" thread of yours

Regarding that area of Rossendale.....

I see what you mean.....I'm reading through a bunch of stuff now.

Regarding that picture of the "object.....

From everything I've reviewed here on ATS, that "distortion" around the object can't be taken (in itself) as a strong indication of imaging tampering.

My understanding is that it's a camera effect wherein you have an area of "more information" within an area of "less information".

As you say, it will be interesting if an image expert or 2 drop in for a look & a comment.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Closeup looks like it could be a white Frisbee. Not trying to debunk yet, just saying.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
G'day

Here's an article from the Lancashire Telegraph in the UK.

Is this a UFO in the sky over Rossendale?

12:19pm Wednesday 17th February 2010

By Nazia Parveen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b1f7621767.jpg[/atsimg]

A SILVER saucer appears to be hovering in the sky above a sleepy East Lancashire village in this quick snap taken on a mobile phone.

Aron Sacks was looking out of his bedroom window in the village of Stacksteads when he saw something strange floating in the sky.

The 34-year-old grabbed his mobile phone and snapped the mysterious object before it disappeared into the murky grey seconds later.

He claims that it hovered in the sky for a few seconds before silently zooming off at high speed......

The full article is here:

Here's a zoom on the "object":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83cbed6db0aa.jpg[/atsimg]

This sort of thing always makes for interesting discussion.

What do you think?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

Looks very similar to this recent one.www.abovetopsecret.com... which is only about 20 miles away maps.google.co.uk...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh deary.

Bad copy-and-past-then-merge-down is bad.

Not good for the person saying they captured it whatsoever.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Oh deary.

Bad copy-and-past-then-merge-down is bad.

Not good for the person saying they captured it whatsoever.

-m0r
Could you dumb that down for me? I am less computer literate than almost everyone. are you saying that this is a bad Photoshop exercise?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sun reflection on upper left of disk is consistant with position of sun.

Color of the craft in general is consistant with hue of sky indicating a realistic refection of light.

Not saying its real as I am not an expert in photo doctoring. Just saying. lol

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes I am.

That easy enough?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Indeed it is! Thank you very much!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Rings over England.
Make it swirl around next time.
We just had a sighting description on ATS that had
circles of florescent lights underneath the ship.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and

Looks like he turned out the light.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

G'day tarifa37

Sorry about the delayed reply.....

Yes.....that does look a little similar in general terms.

As 1 of the YT posts says, it does seem to "speed up" at the end when it goes behind the bushes.......however I guess that could be some sort of camera effect.

Thanks for posting that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but it looks like it could be a water droplet on the window to me, the guy does say that he snapped the shot through his bedroom window.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I could be wrong, but it looks like it could be a water droplet on the window to me, the guy does say that he snapped the shot through his bedroom window.

G'day Argyll

That's not a bad idea.

I recall other cases where seemingly interesting "UFO's" were shown to be water droplets.

One of those was taken through glass with a water droplet on it, in this case a car door:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There is very little comparative ufology going on here, this lenticular shape features in a lot of vintage pre-computer age photo images. I'm surpised so little comparisson goes on with vintage UFO photo data. This man who took the photo would have to be very dumb if he didn't know it was a water droplet. I think sceptics disrespect the intelligence and honesty of the public when they photograph aerial objects. I do wonder what ufology has come to, its not about looking at UFO vids and digital images on the internet and then doubting the character or intelligence of people they have even met or spoken to. No witness interview, means no judgement on their character period. Saying that the questioning needs to be recorded otherwise biased or incompetent questioning can mislead.
For the person who quite logically suggested we look for radar evidence on the date shown, you do realise the United Kingdom is one of the most secretive countries in the world. You won't get zip from the authorities here.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What I mean't to say was, we really shouldn't judge a witness as dishonest or naive if we have even met or heard them. This internet ufology involves no transcripts of recorded interviews of witnesses just very light weight journalism from local newspaper hacks. I believe ordinary British people are honest and competent, if they see an unconventional object it is definitely not a drop of rain on glass.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Harry Challenger

G'day Harry Challenger

You raise interesting points.....thanks for posting those

However if you at the link I inserted into my previous post, you'll see the op did indeed potentially mistake a water droplet for a larger external object.

Out of interest.....

Do you have an opinion or comment regarding the "object" that is the subject of the thread?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Yes and then it took off at very high speeds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join