It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jordan - Occultist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Hey there Melissa101,

I for one would genuinely like to see you make that thread about your studies ... and the knowledge you have derived from such (if true). It sounds like an absolutely fascinating combination ... and with all that you have learned via the studying I'm sure we could all learn much about you ... and from you.

It would be such a refreshing change to see someone backing up what initially sound like wild and empty claims.

It was this that annoyed me (not your Christian beliefs) ... but seriously ... if you really can back up and share your research (or a least some detailed aspects of it), I'm sure many of us would be proven wrong and be made to realize that you are not another member who simply makes sweeping statements with absolutely no substance to back them up.

Sadly it seems to be a growing problem
and it is this that annoys people. So, that said I look forward to your thread including a selection of research sources ... not just biblical references.

I have to be totally honest with you I have my doubts that you can back-up your claim ... but if you prove me wrong I will make a public apology to you on your thread. I always give credit where credit is due and admit when I'm wrong.

Woody

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Well thank you, I need a day or two to get my thoughts together and I will launch my "theory". I forgot to mention I have studied Judiasm and the mysteries of Egypt and the Myan culture. Everything and I mean everything is linked. I just hope I can put it all into words so that the reader can understand how I see it. I very much appreciate your respectful response. I was expecting another slam. I will U2U when the thread is complete. Thanks again, Melissa

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
Well thank you, I need a day or two to get my thoughts together and I will launch my "theory".

You might as well take the quotations away from the word theory. That's all you have, a theory.

I'm not trying to be the proverbial ass here,but I listen to all of this anti-occult and anti-freemasonic rhetoric on boards like this, and all I can say is that people who propagate this stuff are fearful. What do they fear? They fear the collapse of their beloved institutions. Yes, organized faith is an institution. Anyway you want to slice it.

I have actually studied most of the world's religions and am well-versed in occult and Freemasonic lore. I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that 98% of the anti-occult and anti-Masonic stuff that is posted on boards like this is bullocks. You might surprise me, but I doubt it.:shk:

[edit on 18-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Wow...that reported is sooooo annoying...

Why are these people allowed to be like this and hound people?

What a dumb suck up ass kisser no morals human he is...

Just go away guy he obviously doesn't want to talk to you, otherwise he would have called you if he did...

He sold his soul years ago, and at the end, others will be sitting in heaven laughing at him getting dunked on by Satan. Take my wording in various ways, lol. JK

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Michael Jordan is the greatest athlete to ever walk the face of the earth of our limited recorded history. He is a true Icon, hero, activist and humanitarian. Michael Jordan is a true legend of our time.

That being said, he is also an ordinary person just like you and I. He may very well be an occultist, which of course is his prerogative. To support the OP's theory or idea, I found some interesting info on wikipedia that he was a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity and also was inducted to the hall of fame on, you guessed it, 9/11/2009.
Also the @ 23 is a well known and used figure in the occult world.

The pentagram rims, well, how many millions of cars have those?

Anywho, if thats his thing, then more power to him.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by woodwytch

Well thank you, I need a day or two to get my thoughts together and I will launch my "theory". I forgot to mention I have studied Judiasm and the mysteries of Egypt and the Myan culture. Everything and I mean everything is linked. I just hope I can put it all into words so that the reader can understand how I see it. I very much appreciate your respectful response. I was expecting another slam. I will U2U when the thread is complete. Thanks again, Melissa

I look forward to it and I also agree that everything is linked ... in fact it is this personal philosophy that is the basis for the current book I'm working on (about ancient civilizations).

I discovered that you need to take all aspects into consideration (scientific/historical/religious/esoteric etc), before forming an opinion about anything ... everything is valid from one perspective or another ... it all depends on the personal approach.

Don't forget to message me when you have your thread up and running ... I very much doubt we will agree on everything ... but it is healthy and productive to share varying ideas and opinions ... and see how others reach their conclusions.

Woody

[edit on 19-2-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon
Michael Jordan is the greatest athlete to ever walk the face of the earth of our limited recorded history. He is a true Icon, hero, activist and humanitarian. Michael Jordan is a true legend of our time.

That being said, he is also an ordinary person just like you and I. He may very well be an occultist, which of course is his prerogative. To support the OP's theory or idea, I found some interesting info on wikipedia that he was a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity and also was inducted to the hall of fame on, you guessed it, 9/11/2009.

How many millions of cars have them? Probably zero million. I've never seen any until this video clip I saw. I know they are out there, and I'm sure that many people buy them because they simply look cool, which I agree with. they do look pretty damn cool.

Most people know the ties that the pentagram in a circle has with occultism/satanism. Just found it odd that Jordan would have them on his car.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon

How many millions of cars have them? Probably zero million. I've never seen any until this video clip I saw. I know they are out there, and I'm sure that many people buy them because they simply look cool, which I agree with. they do look pretty damn cool.

Most people know the ties that the pentagram in a circle has with occultism/satanism. Just found it odd that Jordan would have them on his car.

1)5 Star style rims are the single most popular aftermarket choice. The number sold is in the 10 millions. Not the millions.

2)The pentagram in a circle, as previously stated, is not occultist. And they certainly are satanist.

I cannot believe the naivete of people on here that you would come here with this type of inflammatory comment when it is absolutely false. You still arent getting that there is a difference between occultism, paganism, and satanism.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
Most people know the ties that the pentagram in a circle has with occultism/satanism.

And away we go!!!! Yet another who wants to link occultism to Satanism.
I loved the subtle "occultism/satanism" tag you put in there. Some will never learn.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I cannot believe the naivete of people on here that you would come here with this type of inflammatory comment when it is absolutely false. You still arent getting that there is a difference between occultism, paganism, and satanism.

It's amazing isn't it?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This topic can be summed up simply. I consider myself a Christian. Christians are not supposed to use or have symbols or idols. This is the way we are supposed to represent ourselves. But obviously the churches for some reason or other like to ignore that. some Bible verses to back up my stance are...

EXO 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in
heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

LEV 19:4 "'Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves.
I am the LORD your God.

26:1 "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for
yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before
it. I am the LORD your God.

DEU 4:16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an
idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the
stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them
and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations
under heaven.

27:15 "Cursed is the man who carves an image or casts an idol--a thing
detestable to the LORD, the work of the craftsman's hands--and sets it up
in secret." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!

1SA 15:23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like
the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he
has rejected you as king."

ISA 42:17 But those who trust in idols, who say to images, 'You are our
gods,' will be turned back in utter shame.

ROM
12:2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were
influenced and led astray to mute idols.

The Bible makes it abundantly clear we shouldn't be using images, idols or anything of this sort. www.biblebb.com... both old and new testament.

so yes when it comes to this life you are either with Elohim (the only God) or Satan has tricked you into his way. and our lack of idols and images and symbols is supposed to make us stand out because (to my knowledge) our God is the only God says to avoid doing that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse2lose2nwo
This topic can be summed up simply. I consider myself a Christian. Christians are not supposed to use or have symbols or idols. This is the way we are supposed to represent ourselves. But obviously the churches for some reason or other like to ignore that. some Bible verses to back up my stance are...

EXO 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in
heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

LEV 19:4 "'Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves.
I am the LORD your God.

26:1 "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for
yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before
it. I am the LORD your God.

DEU 4:16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an
idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the
stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them
and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations
under heaven.

27:15 "Cursed is the man who carves an image or casts an idol--a thing
detestable to the LORD, the work of the craftsman's hands--and sets it up
in secret." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!

1SA 15:23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like
the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he
has rejected you as king."

ISA 42:17 But those who trust in idols, who say to images, 'You are our
gods,' will be turned back in utter shame.

ROM
12:2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were
influenced and led astray to mute idols.

The Bible makes it abundantly clear we shouldn't be using images, idols or anything of this sort. www.biblebb.com... both old and new testament.

so yes when it comes to this life you are either with Elohim (the only God) or Satan has tricked you into his way. and our lack of idols and images and symbols is supposed to make us stand out because (to my knowledge) our God is the only God says to avoid doing that kind of thing.

So, if you arent christian, you were tricked by satan? What about the fact that most of what I believe predates christianity, and therefore predates satan. How do you explain that?
What your bible says is of no importance to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse2lose2nwo

I agree with your post 100%. Thank you for breaking it down into a reader friendly form. I am not sure why Churches preach the Bible yet ignore important points. This is what always bothered me about most all Churches today. I have visited many but none of them went by what I was reading in the Bible. I can see why so many people are turned off, they feel lied to or confused or that the whole God thing is a sham. I almost gave up myself but I have such faith I knew the answers were there somewhere so I dug in my heals and found them. Problem is I still cannot find a church that practices everything in the Bible, so I attend one that I hope I am making a change in.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mellissa the reason that you are having so many problems finding a good church that actually follows the rules is because our trustworthy Bible tells us that Satan eventually gets to corrupting the churches as well. I would suggest (even though your heart is in the right place) to no longer be a part of any church. Just read your Bible, do your best to avoid sin, and leave your relationship between you and Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join