It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather Patterns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wanna know if anyone has noticed if there weather pattern is strange. Here in Florida we are in a drought with no significant rain events in the forecast and it has been extremly hot, over 90 daily over a week. This isnt really strange, it is not even rare but usually we expect daily thundershowers to start poping up by this time of the year.

So how has the weather been where you live?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
typical british weather here

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Very Warm and Dry here at the foothills of the Rockies. Very common seeing we've been in a drought for 3 or 4 years.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
All is normal here in West Tennessee. This time of year we can expect daily thundershowers to pop up at any given moment, and that is exactly what is happening. Three, four and five years ago we went through a period of some really rough and strange weather from January until the first of June, but this year we seem to be back on track to becoming what we consider to be normal.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Another thing which goes along with the mini-drought here is the humidity has been a bit lower and the water table is down. If this keeps up for a few more weeks wildfires will start breaking out.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yup, there are oddities happening with the weather. The signs are all around us, but many can't see or recognize them. Or maybe they are just ignoring them altogether.

ST6

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Nothing out of the ordinary here in Oklahoma, we have the usual tornadoes and been getting quite a bit of heavy rain lately.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
Yup, there are oddities happening with the weather. The signs are all around us, but many can't see or recognize them. Or maybe they are just ignoring them altogether.

Care to explain?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Here it's all freaked up. We used to get a lot of snow I remember getting a lot, and older people than me remember getting even a lot more. But yet now we rarely get snow in winter although it doesn't mind snowing in the Summer. I think the latest we've had snow was a few years ago, and it was somewhere around June

And this is a place that gets to 112 degrees in the Summer....

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
in milwaukee its been super wet. its rained like almost every day for like the last 3 weeks which is way wetter than usual.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i dont know if it's really weird or not, but the temperature constantly changes here. one day can be about 60 degrees the next day can be well over 90

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am in Florida also, it is very hot, but its pretty much normal. i don't see any big difference in weather in the sunshine state. The places that really have been getting bad weather are some of the middle and north states.

Today I saw The Day After Tomorrow, finally. It was a good movie, incredible special effects, and althou it seems improbable that any rapid climate change would be.... so fast, althou some scientists would disagree at least partially, the science behind the film is right. Whoever wrote the script for the film seemed to have informed themselves about the Atlantic conveyor current and the science behind it.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
well Muaddib, when you pour millions upon millions in a film, you generaly do not want to screw up

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You are 100% correct, all weather patterns are far out of shape. We've had over 200 tornado reports this month alone, which is double the normal average.

At the present time, we are almost completely blinded from SPC material. Today, some high level severe thunderstorms battled the midwest again, 5 minutes before there was nothing... the storms had quickly developed and produced .25 inch hail.

The Severe Thunderstorm Sirens, which in the HWODVN area go off for both severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, activated 10 minutes after the storms had passed. Radar had no help in this situation.

We had no watches, and 3 minutes later we had to issue warnings without the heads up.

Around the region, we've seen up to 93 tornadoes in one day, .25 to 4.5 inch hail, and winds 5 to 200 mph.

More updates on this situation, as it continues into the month of June.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
well...other than tornadoes touching down in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia last week I can't think of anything. Except that I drove less than 5 minutes down the road and there was a house that lost ALL 8 of their trees.

Or maybe there was the time that we were driving to a family friend's house for a Memorial Day cookout on Sunday night...we were driving it is was all fine, and then we SAW a SHEET of water coming towards us and what was once perfect visability turned to zero in a split second. Within 5 minutes the rain was gone for another hour when it came again. Not anything new, but still yet strange being able to physically see the rain coming towards you like a wall...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by petey_pongo23
well...other than tornadoes touching down in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia last week I can't think of anything. Except that I drove less than 5 minutes down the road and there was a house that lost ALL 8 of their trees.

That's enough right there.

Not only that, but today we've had 394 Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. Across the US, massive storms occuring.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Holy crud!!! Chad's just been whiped off the map by a massive Hurricane!

www.netnewssomewhere.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
FreeMason your link doesnt work

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Read this people:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
NYC here supposed to be like in the high 80s by this time in the year.......stupid climate changes....it happens every 10k years.....the next ice age!!!!! dun dun dun.....i gotta get my head outta that movie...that thing about the 10k years climate changes....its true ive read about it in a book while browsing through the library....it caught my attention but that book only showed a picture of the earth quaffeling its axises and said this happens every 10k years....i also read in the forums that in the next 100 years manhattan will be submerged underwater and the climate in NY will become just like it was in siberia.....well i guess i wouldnt live to see that day anyway.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join