It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims warned not to go through airport body scanners because they violate Islamic rules on nudity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Muslims warned not to go through airport body scanners because they violate Islamic rules on nudity

www.dailymail.co .uk

slamic scholars have forbidden Muslim travellers from passing through full body scans at airports because they violate religious rules on nudity.
The Fiqh Council of North America issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, yesterday warning Muslims not to go through the scanners.
‘It is a violation of clear Islamic teachings that men or women be seen naked by other men and women,’ read the order.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I know there have been a few write ups on these scanners which already raise many good points but I find this quite interesting... if true, slightly disturbing.

I for one, agree with these scanners - they are not 'sexual' (and anyone that gets turned on by such imagery needs to get out more)... they reveal things that could stop an act of terror (who ever that terrorist is!).

I dont get this though:

"In the U.S., the Transportation Security Administration said Muslims will have the option of a pat down search by a security guard".

What? This just seems so wrong to me - I feel like I am slowly being turned into the enemy and a second rate citizen. At least in the UK they take a tougher approach (at the moment):

"However, in Britain, travellers who refuse to pass through the scanners could be barred from boarding".

Thoughts?

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Oh yeah, they will be exempted. Just watch and see.

We cannot profile, we cannot stop them from uncovering their faces, we cannot do anything against them.

But your white # is going through that scanner I tell you what!

All of this has nothing to do with terrorism. It has to do with humiliation and degradation of the populous.

Go cattle to the slaughter.

edit to add-I think if you get confronted by any of this draconian crap, just state you are a Muslim and it is against your faith. That should get you a swift seat on the aircraft. Seems it worked for the underwear bomber.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Of course they are forbidden to go through the scanners...

The scanners are how you see the BOMBS!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is that all it took for them to stop flying?
Geez, why didn't someone think of this before?
How cool is that.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How does (TSA) determine someone is Muslim? Any person can claim religious affiliation, if it suited their needs. If there is a provision for Muslims to avoid the scanners, than what prevents anyone from claiming Muslim affiliation and would there be repercussions, for doing so? This issue of "for some, but not others" is going to blow up in everyones face.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
How does (TSA) determine someone is Muslim? Any person can claim religious affiliation, if it suited their needs. If there is a provision for Muslims to avoid the scanners, than what prevents anyone from claiming Muslim affiliation and would there be repercussions, for doing so.

I think that the statement:

"In the U.S., the Transportation Security Administration said Muslims will have the option of a pat down search by a security guard".

Is being misinterpreted as:

"In the U.S., the Transportation Security Administration said ONLY Muslims will have the option of a pat down search by a security guard".

I don't see the word "only" in there and I thought the pat down was available to whoever requested it, Muslims or otherwise, but correct me if I'm wrong.

But of course in the UK nobody has that option. So if they choose to fly in the UK anyway despite the religious edict that it's forbidden, that will be almost as bad as Catholics using contraception (yes believe it or not, some Catholics don't follow that fatwa)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whatever their religious beliefs, they have a choice.

Choose to fly.... get scanned....

Alternatively, "pat down" flights could be arranged.....

That way, passengers who want to get scanned can take flights of their choice and the people insisting on "pat down" only will have limited choices.

Not much to complain since beliefs are a choice and the ones insisting on not being scanned are not being denied the opportunity to fly.....

[edit on 12-2-2010 by dixon]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good to see that the muslims are resisting the idea of scanners. If we all did the same thing, they would have no choice but to remove them.

The CIA will still get their bombs on a plane anyway...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Soon a group will try without either based upon their "religion", they'll be denied, they'll sue, add more money to their war chest, and they'll all be exempted in the future. Anybody remember the imams from before?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i think this can go one of two ways .... muslims stop flying or they get exempted from scans .... both are pretty lousy outcomes. Full body scanner is a piece of junk anyway ... they already said it cant detect materials in the body ... even in the underwear bombers case they said the scanner would not have picked it up....thats government contractors for ya

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

As I said before, make scanning compulsory on most flights.

Have minimal flights catering to those who do not want to be scanned (includes muslims, christians, whatever.....aliens....).

They have a choice. That's what it's all about.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dixon

no i get you but for a machine that plain doesnt do anything a human cant it sure is alot of hassle

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I really don't know if they will keep the ingenious bomber away...

Nothing is perfect. It may be far from perfect. But surely, it's got to improve security somewhat ?

Now, if given a choice, and if they don't mind, would we not want our families our kid's to fly on a "scanned" flight ?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dixon

The company who invented the thing say that the underwear bomber would still have got onto a flight even if their technology scanned him i mean its nice that they are trying but i think its an extra hassle for something that doesnt really work as its thought to

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What a joke! I just hope the TSA doesn't cave in to this crap. It's not their planes so if they want to fly on good old infidel air, then they have to follow our rules. Bloody sick of these Islamics always wanting special treatment and special rules because of their so-called religion.

On the other hand there is an upside to this -- if they can't fly it means that they can't fly to the US! Now I'm thinking that we let the Muzzies skip the body scanner but only if they are on a flight leaving the US.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I hear ya. As I said, the system, any system is not going to be able tp prevent the ingenious ones from getting around any system.

It's a scanner. Walk though it (slowly I think). Not too much hassle.

I only worry about whether how much of the costs are going to get passed on to passengers and whether these costs are going to cover further research and development and no resonable improvements are made with all that money.

The idea of making flights safer is great. But when there's money to be made... this is where almost everything goes downhill into a smouldering heap of dung....

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by superrat

I myself don't care much if they live next door or not cause I have many Muslim friends who certainly abhor the idea of bombs and killing, let alone strapping bombs to their nether regions or any other region.

If they sincerely believe that it's against their religion (some can object cause their modesty is more important), then let them choose to fly on non scanned flights (which probably will be far and few in between) and live with the inconvenience. It's their choice. Can't make it convenient for anyone who objects to something which will generally make flying safer.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

A Fatwah is one guy's opinion. Legally, it can only be held to apply to himself - no one else is obligated to do so. In every instance of a fatwah conflicting with a secular law, the secular law stands the ground (though of course, you can try to have the law repealed with the mechanisms available to you)

All this means is that those muslims who wish to observe the fatwah are going to need to inquire about option B's at the airport. If there are none, they either go through the scanner or don't fly. Just like the rest of us.

I gotta admit though. After seeing ATS ripping its hair out by the roots about these scanners, seeing all of you suddenly jump behind them with 100% total support is pretty funny.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sorry there FOX....... I will back anyone that is against the outright destruction of our society for the purpose of protecting ourselves.

I have found YOU to be hypocritical in MANY threads.

I will back the Muslims if they feel this is detrimental to their lives.

Just as I will back a Atheist if they feel this is detrimental to their lives.

You just continue to amuse me and others. You continue to endorse the draconian endeavors to impose 1984esques crappola upon us. Enjoy it!

I am done even talking with people that will willingly give a chain leash to their oppressors.

Enjoy those chains!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join