It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims warned not to go through airport body scanners because they violate Islamic rules on nudity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Do you know why I do not do those things? Because the law says that I must not, because it may offend those of other faiths.

No, it's because it's annoying and disturbing the peace.
If you want to shout and praise God, go to church-not the street corner. Another thing, the Bible does not instruct its readers to shout and scream on the street corner and nor does it tell you to wear a cross (so the former BA employee wasn't discriminated against her beliefs)

Actually read the Bible.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Foppezao

I imagine that you also believe in the easter bunny and that Santa lives in the north pole.

Get a reality check, this scans are monitored by people.

Ok the people that do monitor the scanners cannot see the faces of the people, at least thats the rule here at Schiphol...The scans cannot be copied and are destroyed right away...anywayz i couldnt care less[i give it a good swing while i am in there
], but if muslims refuse to enter the scanner there should be no boarding either for them..

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Totally agree. No scan - no fly.

Man, this should have been introduced years ago.

Counter-measures or not, a fatwa would have been issued anyway.

Admission of guilt if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am sure that's the true motive in putting these body scanners in place.

They new that the muslims would be outraged and refuse to go through these, thus wouldn't be able to fly.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If muslims won't fly because of scanners, how about this as a solution:

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you.

It would be a win-win for everyone!!!

No x-rays to offend muslims AND they couldn't get on airplanes with bombs either.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Muslims are the terrorists in the World and the only reglion that blows themselves and others into tiny pieces.

So its only expected the Muslims would kick up about the scanners.

But unfortunately they're the one's we need to make sure get scanned.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That is total BS. If you don't go through a FBS then you don't get on the plane. It's kinda, I don't want to say their fault but, the full body scans definitely pertain to them. We wouldn't have this problem if there weren't so many of them hell bent on blowing everything up.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Absolutely spiffing idea Jeeves but won't the Muslim Muppets just fly from an airport with no scanners?

Do ALL airports have to have scanners now?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Love the idea, but then they would need to construct a large blast chamber to contain any potential explosions, and for some reason, I can see some @$$ hole raising a stink about that, too.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheGreat

Love the idea, but then they would need to construct a large blast chamber to contain any potential explosions, and for some reason, I can see some @$$ hole raising a stink about that, too.

Just have to be a chamber with steel and concrete walls and doors. Bet it would be a lot cheaper to build and operate than all these new scanners, too.

Step in, close doors, BUZZ (or whatever sound it would make), no boom?, OK free to proceed ...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Who knows? You probably would have to reconstruct the chamber every now and again due to weakening, that could be quite costly all on its own.
Once again awesome idea, but what about non explosive based chemical weapons?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by TokiTheGreat]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheGreat

Who knows? You probably would have to reconstruct the chamber every now and again due to weakening, that could be quite costly all on its own.
Once again awesome idea, but what about non explosive based chemical weapons?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by TokiTheGreat]

Most of them still have some sort of small blast to quickly combine the ingredients.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

'Most' being the active word. As much as I would love seeing terrorists hoist with their own petard, I think we need to stick with the full body scanners.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I would imagine, if you are flying TO a developed western nation, then YES you will be scanned. After all, it's the aforementioned states who are targeted by the muslim / islamic fundaMENTALists.

No scan - no fly.

[edit on 13/2/2010 by Thistled]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that Israel have got the right idea, i.e take no BS from anybody!

Remember reading once that some idiot Muppet Muslim starting waving a gun around at the front of one of Israels flights, El Al is it?

Anyway, a Mossad agent from the back of the plane shot him between the eyes, that's a good 100 feet plus.

The morale of the story is, if you get picked on, stand up for yourself and by putting scanners in our airports, that's all we're doing!

I won't fly at all now unless I know everybody has been thoroughly scanned and checked. Even then I am worried.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

when i was 18 i was stripsearched at a police station for literally doing nothing at all except shake some guys hand at a train station...

In 2003, I was taking a flight from Dallas to Jacksonville. At that time (relatively soon after 9/11) everyone had their luggage searched before it went to the baggage area. I stood there as they went through every pouch, pocket, flap, etc... of my luggage and I absolutely had no problem with them doing that.

After I went through the line where you put your shoes and carry on items on the belt and walk through the scanner, I was pulled aside by security and told that I had been randomly selected for a full body search. It was embarrassing to be singled out in front of the other passengers and to go behind a curtain, strip, and have a guard (female) search me, but I didn't have a problem with it because it was part of having a safe flight.

I continued on to my gate and stood around with the other passengers waiting to board the flight. At this time the airplanes had security officers set up a table at each gate. After about five minutes of waiting, one of the officers approached me and said that I had been "randomly" selected for a pat down and carry on search before I could board the plane. WHAT? I explained to them that I had also been "randomly" selected for a full search about fifteen minutes ago and that maybe they should choose another passenger. I was told no. They had selected me and if I wanted to board that flight I would have to have the search. In front of my fellow passengers for the second time, I was singled out and searched.

I was happy that security measures were being taken to ensure a safe flight, but couldn't understand why I in particular was chosen. I am the total opposite of the stereotypical terrorist. As a female with blond hair, green eyes, and pale skin I couldn't understand why I would be chosen. The conclusion I came to was that in order to not appear that they were targeting certain people they chose me.

I would and will walk through the full-body scanner because I believe that everyone should feel that every precaution has been taken to ensure a safe flight. No person regardless of their religion should be exempt from participating. At some times, logic has to rule over religion.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well they would be stupid to refuse the body scanners because they can deny you acces to the plane if you don't go through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join