It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS forced towards an pro israelian way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is ATS forced towards an political pro israelian way..and an anti European way..just an question of opinion..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No.

The owners and staff do our best to manage the site in a topically-agnostic way such that the opinions, ideas, and concerns of our members define the ebb-and-flow of apparent issue focus.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Uh.
What exactly do you mean by ATS? The posters? The staff? Whaaa?

There are people of all kinds here. Some pro-Israeli, some anti-Israeli...some who love Europe, some who don't...some who believe in UFOs, and some who don't...religious fanatics, and fanatical atheists... it's a melting pot of opinion here, really.

There's no "forced" opinion or view here, in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Whenever you think a group has a mind set, remember, its not them that has it, its you. So, i guess the question really is, are you being forced into that mind set?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK..as a swede i never meaning to offend anyone..i was just curious what the opinion would be when throwing out a question like this...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swecret

As Skeptic Overlord said, people come to ATS from all walks of life and different parts of globe. Each and every person have their own views regarding each subject. ATS do not promote any country or political issue. People come here to do some critical thinking & finding the truth. Besides I don't need a reason to come to ATS, I love it

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If there is one thing I have learned about this site in my time here it is that there is a pro- and anti- faction for nearly every topic possible on here.

Which is what keeps it lively.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by swecret

G'day swecret

I see no evidence that ATS is "forced towards a pro-Israelian way".

However, I do see some particularly aggressive members who make anti-Israeli posts &/or also suggest there is some measure of pro-Israeli control going on here.

The mods do a good job of allowing such people their expression of their opinions, albeit I think the mods can even err on the "very tolerant side" of that, at times.

I'm sure the ATS admin & staff find it to be a very sensitive & provocative issue to manage.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OP, all opinions are here, but

I think it's quite obvious there's a larger group of ANTI-Israeli posters here....

I try to avoid those threads now.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by swecret

The mods do a good job of allowing such people their expression of their opinions, albeit I think the mods can even err on the "very tolerant side" of that, at times.

Soz I didn't understand, "err on the tolerant side". I expect Mods to take no "sides" on issue while moderating threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
doubt it. ive seen more jew bashing on this site than any other one ive visited . i wouldnt be surprised to see a few specific posters that show up in every thread taht even mentions the word isreal at their local kkk rallys.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can see the case. I have only been here last month, but there are some zionists. Lots of types around here, but there seems a considerable sympahty for the Isreali side. Maybe its even both ways and I dont see it, or maybe the popular support for isreal is reflected here. There are tons of ppl who are aware of Palestenian perspectives, but I maybe a hippy but woulda thought there would be more.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No. We do, however, seem to have a number of posters who come in, read off the usual propaganda cue cards, and then depart never to be seen again; or until the next time they feel the need to read from the cue cards.

I look at these folks as the Israeli ATS version of WoW's chinese gold farmer accounts.

And yes, I just outed my inner nerd. he wears spaceballs boxers.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

reply to post by swecret

Soz I didn't understand, "err on the tolerant side". I expect Mods to take no "sides" on issue while moderating threads.

G'day December Rain

What I was trying to say was that in my humble opinion.....

The mods seem to take quite a tolerant approach to some of the anti-Israel posts, in order to ensure there is no hint of a pro-Israeli bias on ATS.

Have I made better sense this time?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I think it is slanted the other way it seems likes I am for ever defending the USA or Israel from vicious assaults? Look at the amount of pro Islam posts right now and also look at any post the has to do with Isreal and count the number of negative views of them.

Israel takes a hit every day on ATS I bet the percentage is at least 75% anti-Israel.

We should actually count the negative vs. postive I bet I am right.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

reply to post by swecret

Yeah when I think about your right. I have said about as blasphmous things about isreal you can say, and nothins been yanked. Its the way it should be. Freedom of gd speech! Hehe strange a conspiracy website is the only place for a fair shot at free expresion.

G'day December Rain

What I was trying to say was that in my humble opinion.....

The mods seem to take quite a tolerant approach to some of the anti-Israel posts, in order to ensure there is no hint of a pro-Israeli bias on ATS.

Have I made better sense this time?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am dumbfounded by 'Maybe... Maybe Not's above response; totally ignoring the breed of ATS members who rabidly post Islamaphobia stoking comments. Are they part of the JIDF or the like?

JIDF
Internet warfare team unveiled - Twitterers paid to spread Israeli propaganda

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Keep in mind that moderators are human (really, we are). We can't possibly read 8,000 posts each and every day. If you see a post that obviously is against our T&C, i.e. personal insults (going after the player and not after the ball), hit the alert button to alert the mods. "Tolerating posts" might mean that we have not seen it yet. And when we do remove a post, it's because it's against our T&C, and not because we disagree with the posters view.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neaped
I am dumbfounded by 'Maybe... Maybe Not's above response; totally ignoring the breed of ATS members who rabidly post Islamaphobia stoking comments. Are they part of the JIDF or the like?

JIDF
Internet warfare team unveiled - Twitterers paid to spread Israeli propaganda

G'day neaped

I'm not sure I've ever "dumbfounded" anyone on ATS before

You may be reassured to know that I have posted very strongly against "anti-Muslim" members & posts on ATS.

I have enjoyed some really positive experiences with Muslim men & women, as I have with Jewish men & women.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

G'day again stephinrazin

It sounds like you & me could get into a "good old stoush" in one of those threads!

Don't worry.....I'll go easy on you

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join