It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Three - Dark Meat or Light Meat?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
DARK

i use CRT and it does use less energy,

and does less long term damage to the monitors.

... although i feel having the option for everyone is the ONLY answer.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Definitely dark.

Way easier on the eyes and has much better site integration. I just tried the light on for size for a few reads after only having tried it once before and really don't like it.

But that green text at the bottom of posts doesn't work, the top green is different and works, but the green at the bottom needs to go.

Black as the night!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Surely you can monitor how many people are using what and make a democratic decision? I'm willing to bet more people are using dark, default besides... it's way better

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Definitely dark. Love the dark because it draws you in. Your eyes are calmer looking at it as opposed to the effect of a bright screen with the white in your eyes. That is not as comfortable to look at. With the dark you can add blues, purples and any color for spice and it is still calming. So dark for me all the way.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Egyptia]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Absolutely the dark. I wish I had the option of changing every webv page to the more eye friendly "Dark Meat." Its one of the things that makes ATS really stand out from the other guys on the interwebz.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hello, I would like to say that both designs are comfortable on my eyes, if I say that I prefer dark it's only because I'm so used to the layout we have here already.

I've seen forums changed before, and it's never
in fact sometimes it's a glorious thing to behold! I'm sure that whatever decision you make in the end will be the right one, and after a while- if the change is made from dark to light- we'll grow to love and respect it!

Ramadwarf on light and dark designs

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Without a doubt as it is now

Darkmeat
Baby

Elf

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dark.

I cant believe your'e imposing the second line rule for this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I like the dark, I find that even though we have been trained to read dark on white I still find it easier to read light on dark. One of the biggest things is the white background is so overpoweringly bright on a monitor.

I would ask for those who like the light meat option is to keep the "go light" button just below the menu.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't know, I don't know.....all these questions....aaaagggghhhh

This has gone on too long, I'll just have the salad bar and a beer. I finished a whole basket of bread and prezels already.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have always been a fan of dark meat myself

I think that not only is it a bit easier on the eyes, but also, a darker look might fit in with the subject matter... Make it more "mysterious" or what have you.

As we have it set up now, I have always chose dark over light... I think it is better cosmetically and fits the site better.

I am glad you are getting the membership involved in the decision making process.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
DARK PLEASE!!!

Dark background's are easier on the eyes and force the monitor to use less power for screen output, which for laptop users like myself makes a whole lotta difference!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

its the LIGHT one for me. it gives the most contrast and ease of reading.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
From my understanding, part of a dyslexic problem seems to be that black text on white background seems to move around in their view. Something akin to the old "op art" visual illusions I've seen in the past, I think I can understand how that must be to a dyslexic person browsing the internet. My wife was dyslexic...Not severely, but enough to make most reading a real pain in the neck for her. This problem has always made it harder for her to learn anything new by reading & she found ATS Dark Matter format a heck of a lot easier.

Personally, I'm not dyslexic, but I've always been a voracious reader even from my earliest years learning *how* to read. I experience a lot less eyestrain with a "non-traditional" format of text display when reading here at ATS...It seems that there's far too few websites around take this kind of concern for their readers, being hidebound as most people are. Also, one thing I've learned here at ATS is the the "traditional" viewpoint doesn't automatically equate with the "best" viewpoint.

Even though I prefer the Dark Matter format here, I still think that ATS has the overall best approach to the matter by keeping the option of choice between Light or Dark.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I would choose "The Dark Meat".

Thanks for asking

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
AS you have posted the question, and so it is to your credit this simple question now merits 19 pages of a thread that I'm just not going to read:
my answer: Light is easier to read for my aged eyes. I always switch to light. Hope this counts as feed back lest it just adding to 19 pages of drivel and debate.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's not the color as much as the contrast. For example, in a previous post there are yellow (hilighted) words on black. I can't even see the words, so I can't read the entire post. I'm older (60) and my eyes have a more difficult time than they used to. Black backgrounds as a stylistic element is somewhat dated, I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
I also prefer the top version. I have gotten so used to it that I find I get a headache very quickly now when I read text heavy messages on boards that have black text on a light background. The dark background with the light grey text is soothing for my eyes and is less likely to give me a headache just for looking at it.

Cindi nailed it on the head. Dark Meat is MUCH easier on the eyes.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Is there any sort of estimated date that this new look and feel will be unveiled? I don't know if it has been posted already as I did not read the entire thread, so if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Still gotta go with DARK.

Looks slick btw.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join