It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Three - Dark Meat or Light Meat?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

When are you expecting to make the changes on the site?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ATS 2010 - Part Three - Dark Meat or Light Meat?

Speaking strictly for myself, I kind of like ATS as it is.

I watched other sites do this. Most ended up having to offer a throwback version because they didn't know that had it right before making it less than that in the rework.

ATS is almost entirely unique on the web. There are very few, if any communities that are so blended that are also so diverse.

Once you begin this change... you are inviting divisions where none exist now. And once you have created these diversions, they can act like small cracks in glass and spread beyond control.

I would keep the ATS interface as-is or... at least, make sure that those who prefer it, won't be forced into a change they dislike.

Giving the membership the option of several may work... but to change it without the option, is inviting insurrection from devout insurrectionists... over something both needless and trivial.

That's my dime.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Light seems to excite the senses much more so than dark. Ask a professional photographer why they lighten all of the dark photos they take.

Light stimulates the brain, and whether you realize it or not, also helps to maintain a positive outlook. It is just the way our bodies react to dark and light. Why do you think they treat people up North with bright light to lessen depressive mood from the twilight they experience.

I'm going to go with light. Luke Skywalker would too!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Some forum sites now allow the user to choose a 'theme' in their settings. If you're recoding the site I would hope you'd give the user the choice to choose what colours and background he like.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dark meat please! And, I'll take a side of stuffing with gravy! Yum!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'll stay dark with a slightly brighter font on it please.

I've always missed reading from dark. The computers of my elementary school years all were dark with glowing green text. The bright searing white background looks pleasant but isn't nice for text rich environments.

I appreciate that SOMEONE recognized this finally. It makes me feel old to pine for the Apple IIe.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i prefer the dark page better, easier on the eye

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Seems that a majority prefer it dark. Well, me too! The light one is not nice, it simply doesn't look well, colours are yucky.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

the way you have it now (dark meat) works better for me. the strain between pure white with pure black writing is ok for short periods, but for the long haul reading, the (dark meat) is easier on my eyes.

don't change it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Dark please.It's often very late when I get to visit ATS and my eyes are tired.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I prefer Dark version, so I am all for Dark version. Besides I am very used reading with dark background.

So my vote goes to Dark.

Chaoic out...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

For my old eyes DARK MEAT, baby.

It's 'all' Good though I prefer to glare at that which is not so common in 'practice'. I usually choose the lighter option, though that's more of a cultural thing.

I'd choose the second, lighter option, though that's just me.
Could one have a choice or would it require more programming than One would like?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dark please. I spend a lot of time on here and my retinas appreciate the dark background.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
DELICIOUS DARK MEAT PLEASE

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I usually try to remember to go and change to the light option - better for my eyes for sure

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I prefer the Light Mode myself.
Why not just leave an option to switch it per user choice? Setting the text to something that is annoying, one way or the other, is going to upset a large portion of your readership.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
While dark meat has always been juicier, let's all go on a diet and partake on the light meat. Oh, this is not about food! Well, then I prefer lighter colors.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
When living in the Shadow. One likes to read like a Shadow.

Dark meat please.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

While there are many good reasons (most from your optometrist) to display light-gray text on a dark-gray background for text-heavy content on a computer screen, the fact remains that our eyes/brain have been trained since soon-after birth to recognize black text on white (or near-white) paper.

We've been 'trained' to do ALOT since birth, doesn't mean the people training us weren't #ing idiots.......personally anything that can be done to save my declining eyesight as a 22year old who had been reading text off screens since he was 6, IS APPRECIATED!!! PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE IT TO BLACK ON WHITE, THE GREY ON BLACK MAKES THIS WEBSITE THE ONLY ONE I CAN READ FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

-B.M

[EDITED OUT UNNECESSARY RUDENESS & IRRELEVANT CONTENT]

[edit on 15/2/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As previously said, an option to let people choose would be nice.

As for my personnal choice, since the spring is coming back, I'll go light

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join