It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Leader: Feb. 11 To Be ‘Demise’ of ‘Capitalist System’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would guess dollar as well.
Iran is currently under the spotlight because they, like poor Saddam threatened to drop the petro-dollar, not because they want to make nuclear power/bombs whatever - this is a side issue concerning their attitude towards Israel.
If anyone (oil producers) went with them (sometime in the future) the amount of US currency flowing back into the US economy would be the end.

Add another wacky theory to the pile, lets see how it plays out...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

bam HE SHOCKS THE WORLD WITH!!!!!!!

An electric Car..

200 Km in a single Charge...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is still only about 6am 11/02/10 in Tehran right now...
...the day hasn't even got started yet.

They didn't get out of bed early so ATS's could get an exclusive.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
It's scary and exciting all at once.

Too long have we be repeating this useless cycle... I wanna see something happen for once. Even if it makes my life more difficult.

You desire for the world to challenge you instead of for you to find challenges.

You are not creative - neither are you condusive to the health of the world.

You, Jack Squat, are an epitome of the problem. You ARE the reason you want destruction.

I in no way defend nor do I offend capitalism or any other "-ism", but I do believe that people with the mentality to sit on their asses and wait for their challenges to be handed to them are the same that will not overcome those challenges.

It's sad... when you think about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

You pulled that .... Outta that little sentence......

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree with GorehoundLarry, This idiot has been blowing smoke for years, I have yet to hear a rational statement from him. IF there is any announcement it will be of such small significance that we will forget about it before lunch. I am betting there will be no announcement and ineedadinnerjacket snickers at all the fuss. Don't let this guy mess with you, he needs MEDS not attention!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Things might get worse with Iran.

China and Russia have been supporting Iran behind the scenes and they see Obama as weak.

The people who want to take down America will strike before Obama leaves office.

It's a no win situation for us because Obama will talk about it while China and Russia takes Iran's side.

It's obvious. China, Russia and some Middle Eastern Countries will form an alliance and they probably already have. They will try to take out America because we can't face both of them and Europe will not be any help.

They will first try to cripple us through economics and then by force.

WW3 has already started on a strategic level.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Guys... Im Pretty sure... Its just an ELECTRIC CAR

CAR

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
China is one of the biggest consumers of Iran's petroleum. If Iran decides to switch to Yuan as a currency(or a basket of currencies such as Yuan,Ruble,Rupee) for trading in oil with China, that would be a major blow to the American Dollar. The dollar has dominated the world stage because it has been used as a reserve currency by the members of the OPEC.

A blow to the dollar might be initiated by Iran. This might fit in well with the " end of American dominance" theory as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"Nuclear bomb!"
"End of America!"
"War on Israel!"
"Death of MILLIONS!!"

Nope, an electric car.

So guys, when's the next doomsday thread? I'm liking these.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
"Nuclear bomb!"
"End of America!"
"War on Israel!"
"Death of MILLIONS!!"

Nope, an electric car.

So guys, when's the next doomsday thread? I'm liking these.

Think about it. It is 7:15am in Iran RIGHT NOW... has the electric car been announced by the Iranian President? No.

Is an electric car going to be the demise of the "capitalist system" ? No.

How can you numbskulls even think that is the electric car story? The day hasn't even started in Tehran yet!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

...says one armchair warrior to another.

I suppose when you're not on the forums judging people you're out kicking some butt to change the world for the better huh?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Tehran is GMT+3.30...which makes it 6.30am according to me.

[edit on 10/2/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Blah, Blah, Blah. He may "announce" that capitalism will fail, but I don't think he's going to do anything to cause it...more likely trying to deter Israel from taking out his nukes, if the ships passing through the Suez thing was real. But I think even that isn't anything to get excited about.
If anything is REALLY going to happen, it's not going to be on the news.
Been watching Al Jazeera last couple of hours and they had a story about Israel giving medals to its special forces, then mentioning all the things Israel has done or supposedly done in the last few years, and then relating it to when they took out Iraq's nuke facility. Apparently they gave them medals too...so even Al Jazeera is hyping this, so Fox, Al Jazeera, if it's on GMA I'll be concerned...lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Considering the statement by the Iranian President as the announcement being a "blow" to Western powers, it is most likely one of two things:

Either the already announced anti-air system (Russia's S-300 system or a domestic version) will be officially announced and in place

in.reuters.com...

This won't be a surprise to Western intelligence, as the system is a large-truck based platform, easily identified by satellite around their nuclear facilities.

or

They announce officially that they are leaving the Dollar as a basis for pricing oil. They won't move to the Euro, as that wouldn't be so much of a "blow" to the West so much as just to the United States. Therefore they will most likely announce a new pricing mechanism or peg it to the yuan or new super-currency.

Just my realistic .02

Iran announcing they have a real bomb or nuclear missile would essentially create a countdown to WW3; it just isn't going to happen. Like it or not, the Iranian elite/leadership are smart as whips. It is obvious that the Western economies built on smoke and mirrors are slowly disintegrating. All they need do is wait us out and survive. This is surely what the Chinese are doing with their 20-60 year plans.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You very much misinterpretted my very vague reply to this thread. It's cool though.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A blow to democracy hmm?

Protests in Iran.

Democracy.

Protests.

Blow, Tiananmen Square.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Press TV is the Iranian Government offical "Press"...... It's an electric car....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Suddam dumped the dollar quietly in favour of the Euro and was hit with wmd allegations and later attacked.

Iran may announce to the world they are dumping the dollar, if anyone attacks their nuclear power plants, they can say this is to do with them dumping the dollar and not weapons.

As I mentioned earlier, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is no idiot.

again this is just speculation

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What time is an anouncement even expected?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join