It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist finds method to teleport energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Exactly!

Imagine the implications once mastery of teleportation is acheived, aswell as how much further "we" have to ascend in knowledge of all forms of life...(multi-dimensional) before we are able to apply teleportation effectively.

Would it not be possible to...

1. Teleport ghosts/spirits to another planet!
2. Say another planet contains hostile inttligent life forms, imgagine if we had the ability to transport someones soul or spirite to "scout" out the planet harmlessly while their body is being kept alive here on earth!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront
Anyone know what I'm trying to get at, or am I just babbling in the background, lmao

If...

We decided to transport a human to the moon and the individual dropped "dead?" on the "teleporation pad"

Would it not be possible that we only teleported their soul or spirit to the destination while a living body is still here on earth but in a vegetative state?

This is actually a popular topic for discussion in a lot of Philosophy courses at many Universities.

Check out some of these links discussing these very issues in depth. Very COOL topic IMHO.

"The issue of teleportation and self"
everything2.com...

"Anyways, this brings up my question of..."who is the real person"...the clone or the original. Does that person still have the same "soul". Is it a different person altogether? Do memories transfer into the clone? Will their personality change? And what happens if there are two of a person...who are exact? Is this morally possible in the world?"

Another good link.
"The Teleportation Conundrum and The Soul – Part 1"
dreamsinvitro.wordpress.com...

These are issues that are still discussed and have yet to be resolved. Maybe you will be a person who figures it out? I know I cant!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The "University." So funny. On-line school does not count.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

I am assuming that this information transfer is almost instant no matter what the distance between the two entangled particles, based on my limited knowledge of quantum entanglement principals.

When two particles are entangled, the change is instantaneous, it is real time. But if I am right in saying this...."The information we want to convey still has the limit of speed of light.

For example let us say there are 2 points (particles) A and B that are entangled. Then there is a point C. We measure point C (and that destroys the information in Point C). The information from point C is then transferred to Point A. Now the next step is to measure point B so that we know what information has been sent. Now for that someone from Point A must tell someone at Point B to measure point B. "THIS" information does not travel faster than light. So I think when we talk about teleportation, the information we get is always slower than light.

Here when I say "information" I do not mean quantum information, but any communication that we know in the usual sense (For example if we measure Point B to have a spin as UP then it means tomrrow is a holiday)

[edit on 6-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

Incorrect thinking unfortunately.

If you have an object that is 186,000,000 miles across(space)... and you have light going 186,000 miles per second. Well.. it would take light 1,000 seconds to get from one side of that object to the other. But if you were to push that object (given that you had the strength) from one side from the same spot that you turned on a flashlight, the other side of that object would reach the target faster than the lightbeam.

Now, this is easy to determine because the object I am talking about is solid.

But all energy is connected. In fact, you could find an almost innumerable amount of lines in the universe that would be 186,000,000 miles across. The fact remains... when you push energy somewhere, you push it everywhere INSTANTLY. Light is not fast because it is not instantaneous..

Light, as compared to the understood size of the known universe, is actually quite slow.

If we can use the line of energy that connects everything and manipulate it just like it was a solid, then we have found how to go -much- faster than the apparent speed of light.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone

The "University." So funny. On-line school does not count.

What the hell man?

Now I know your a trolling for a fight.

You can't phase me man. Based on your previous postings in other threads I can tell you are just a angry hateful person.

So, I will not give into your angst any longer. At first I though you were sincere now I know you're trolling.

BTW- I went to a legit real world University. Not that it matters or determines your IQ.

Way to derail a thread. I feel guilty for even replying to that.
SORRY OP for this. I won't continue fighting him anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront

1. Teleport ghosts/spirits to another planet!

This actually kind of leads into some other bizarre topics that are feasible.

Consider the possibility of a Ghost trapping machine. Similar to the box used in Ghostbusters movies to catch ghosts.

Some reading on the "Ghost Trap". I think it is totally possible to be created one day when we understand the physics of "ghosts".
www.gbfans.com...

Also there is the issue of "Psychic Spying".

There are rumors (unsubstantiated) that claim powerful governments use psychics to spy on each other often. In response to this, the rumors state that the US Military devised a form of "Psychic shielding" to protect their secret bases so that people could not "remote view" into them.

As the story goes, it claims that if a person remote views into a highly secured facility, that their energy signatures would be detected and that unknown devices would be used to isolate them and capture them *maybe in a Ghost Trap??*

And the so called psychics who told me this, also claimed that if you are caught in one of the traps, you would become nearly brain-dead in the physical world, causing you to "lose your soul" or whatever.

I am not claiming this is true, it is obviously a unsubstantiated rumor that has been passed around for a few decades now. An Urban Legend if you will.

But consider the possibilities. It is not actually that far fetched.

And it ties in perfectly with the ability to teleport things as previously discussed in this thread, because the forces of nature acted on would be the same in principal (I am guessing).

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I thought about it one years ago. New application appears in different place, and brains : 'science' is simple.

Maybe one way to create bigger civilisation ? From sun, and other ressources...

(nevertheless : this will not change the big and complex problem : our society, freedom , and what being human mean , in a near future )

The new science is complexity : systemic.

Imagine : You test our simple science build upon our stupid logic, with the general semantic

If we missed something (because our stupid logic) : you will find it : all those black hole in our science, then you need to investigate a little further.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by psychederic]

Edit : don't forget the particule teleportation we know is destructive

[edit on 6-2-2010 by psychederic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join