It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three MPs and one peer to be charged over expenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Three MPs and one peer to be charged over expenses

news.bbc.co.uk

Three Labour MPs and one Tory peer will face criminal charges over their expenses, Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer has said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
My comments? This has been going on for months now. Only 4 of them are to be prosecuted? Over 50% of MP are to pay back money they were not entitled to?

If goes to show that we cannot trust them with our money. This site is full of conspiracy thoeries, and with good reason. The governments of the world are not to be trusted. They cheat with our money, our rights and our freedom and throw away the lives of brave men and women on the battlefield in order to line their own pockets.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/2/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You can tell how innocent someone is be how fast the try to
pay back the money that they never stole in the first place

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Personally, I'd like to see Tony Blair charged with destroying evidence after he "accidentally" shredded his expense claims records.

IMO he did this deliberately, knowing that they wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.

It's also bizarre that only 4 people are going to be charged - let's be clear about this, if I or anyone else falsified claims for exes, we would not only be sacked, but would face prosecution.

It seems that some animals are indeed more "equal" than others.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yup! Charging them is one thing but I BET they won't all get prosecuted. Especially if it's their mates on the other side if the bench doing the prosecuting.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind someone claiming expenses providing they were out of pocket to begin with especially seeing as its an extra cost to provide a benefit to either a company or organisation.
But these MP's , so called paragons of virtue, should lead by example, ALL of them are on a very decent wage, £30-40k at least a year minimum, the PM is on £90k a year.
So if the average wage is about £20k for a common man , who doesn't claim expenses and has to pay his bills and any extra 'stationary' or cleaning bills out of his pocket and doesn't complain, why shouldn't the MP's? after all they earn a lot more? lead by example? yeah for a greed driven society that thinks nothing on stepping on the backs of the public they lead the way.

Its just a money trough for the governments, who think nothing of putting their hands in and drawing out a wad from the faceless,nameless taxpayer.
The free ride is over, but notice how much they complain about how they need their gardens tended, or their houses cleaned? are they too lazy to do it themselves? oh I forgot they are too busy snuffling the trough to do their own housework.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

top topics

join