It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapping or Caring? Missionaries in Haiti Tried to Take Children to U.S. After Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Kidnapping or Caring? Missionaries in Haiti Tried to Take Children to U.S. After Earthquake

abcnews.go.com

Ten Americans remained in a Haitian jail today, waiting for a judge to decide if they will face kidnapping charges. The ten are devout missionaries, and they were trying to take 33 children out of the earthquake-ravaged country without documentation. They say they did it in the name of Jesus Christ.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.cbn.com
www.bangkokpost.com

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Kidnapping and brainwashing, maybe even selling these children into slavery? Is this what these "Christian Missionaries" were up to?

Using a natural disaster to kidnap children is bad enough, but then to brainwash them and indoctrinate them against the wishes of the parents and the laws of Haiti.

Some people in this world.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Added for reference.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

OK, this is our true world.

The true carers and nurterers are vilified and abused while the children suffer.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

The true carers and nurterers are vilified and abused while the children suffer.

I am not sure that kidnapping, brainwashing and indoctrination count as caring and nurturing, if this had been a Muslim group, people would be up in arms thinking that they were being trained to be terrorists.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I've watch/read a fair bit on this and think these folks were up to no good. Whether or not it was something really bad, I don't know. My guess is that it was some "lets take these kids out of this voodoo lifestyle and get them a proper Baptist home" kind of nonsense.

If you were really looking to help these kids, you would go to the authorities and seek assistance in finding their parents or family or neighbors. Someone who knows them. You don't toss them on a bus and haul them over the border. If some kid from that environment comes up to you and tells you their parents gave them up are you going to believe them? Of course not.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but something here does not smell kosher to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Who has proved anything?

Surely it is better to save those kids.

Would you rather die, or be saved? People do not realise that these kids are starving and dying. Lord help them.

link   

Who has proved anything?

Surely it is better to save those kids.

Would you rather die, or be saved? People do not realise that these kids are starving and dying. Lord help them.

link   
was kinda sad watching bbc this morning when they show footage from haiti regarding these kidnappers,

as they where walking out of the detention hold they where smiling at the attention they got ,

sickening and sad , thouse children had parents searching for their children.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

If you were really looking to help these kids, you would go to the authorities and seek assistance in finding their parents or family or neighbors. Someone who knows them. You don't toss them on a bus and haul them over the border. If some kid from that environment comes up to you and tells you their parents gave them up are you going to believe them? Of course not.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but something here does not smell kosher to me.

Exactly, there are agencies that handle orphan rescues, they go through proper channels, they do things the right way, I don't know what kind of sick cult these kids would have ended up in, or what kind of mental damage could have been done if they weren't caught.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

In what context do you mean "saved"? I'm sorry, but this does not make sense to me. Why not simply take the kids to the authorities and tell them "look, we have these kids. We're going to take them over to the Dominican Republic to a facility we have there. Heres how you can reach us and of course we will bring them back when ever we need to"? How about one better - "if you can find their familys, we'll take them too", or how about "we can accomodate x kids, got any more we can put up for a while?"

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I only care about those kids. Their parents are probably dead - who said their parents are alive? If their parents were alive they would have claimed them. Those parents are dead.

Lies, lies and yet more lies. Their parents are dead, people are trying to save them, and crap people say no.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Dead or not there are legal channels that have to be gone through to remove a child from a country. People are getting aid in Haiti, and it's not like they couldn't have helped those children in country while the paperwork went through.

But to go against the laws of Haiti and international law and try and export these children, kinda seems like they weren't on the up and up. I am not saying they were child slavers, I am saying it's a possibility.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

The odds would suggest that their parents are alive. A few of them indicated that they were in fact alive. One of the girls said she thought she was going to some kind of picnic, not taken away to some other country.

Bottom-line is that what ever their motives, these folks were secreting these kids out of Haiti. They could easily have provided assistance without this kind of slight of hand.

If someone did that to one of those kids because they could not find me and did not direct them to the authorities because they thought it would be "best" for the kid, I would kill them. On top of horror there would have been parents who think their kids are dead.

The road to hell is paved with good intensions

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
OK, forget the law, forget everything.

Why are those kids suffering?

You think when a kid says her parents are alive, that is the truth?

I am tired of this - all I am saying is save the children.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Religious arrogance used to promote ignorance is not a valid excuse for them. So they deserve punishment.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

That's fine, I don't think anyone disagrees that the children are the highest priority here. The problem comes when they start trafficking people illegally. Are we sure that these Christian Missionaries, had the best intentions in mind when they made the decision to export these kids?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I am tired of this - all I am saying is save the children.

So that justifies kidnapping any child who in your opinion is living in poverty. Who is to say they won't eventually lead a happier life where they are now. Who are these people to make choices on the behalf of someone else? It's typical religious arrogance to push their opinions onto others.

And there are legal and appropriate methods for adoption.

What were they going to do with the kids - keep them locked away from the authorities and raise them as religious nuns/priests?! Personally I would prefer to fend for myself than be indoctrinated into a cult and live a bland and wasted life.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

They say they did it in the name of Jesus Christ.

This says it all..... What right do they have to decide the future's of anyone else apart from their own lives and their own children's lives and religion!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
majority of the childrens parents are alive.

its called kidnapping by any standard and child trafficing if they where put up on for adoption.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

OK, that day has finally arrived.

The day when everyone is a liar.

The day when people who say they believe in Jesus are child traffickers.

The day when we give up.

COME ON! There are a lot of nice people in this world. There are a lot of people who would love to adopt those kids.

And I think that those people really believe in Jesus and want to help those kids.

When you believe that everything is evil, that is the day we all die.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join