It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fractals - The Colors Of Infinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just thought you guys would like to see this documentary on the Mandelbrot set. For those of you who don't know what it is this is definitely worth a watch, enter into the mesmerising world of fractals.

Google Video Link

I could watch the Mandelbrot sat for hours, maybe even days there is something utterly amazing about it -- buried deep...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It seems this interests very few people. I find it therapeutic and calming. Could learn about this kinda thing for hours.

I think what interests me so much is that this will defiantly have a place in the new theories of the Universe and its formation, as well as its functions.

Some people dont want to think that the Universe can be explained or the structure of the Universe is based on real things like math and consistent patterns down to the very core. It makes them rethink things and this might take away a comfort for them in that the Universe is so amazing its unexplainable. I think some tend to clutch tighter at their supernatural ideas of the Universe when confronted with things like this.

Mabey a bump will bring in others who enjoy the likes.

Thanks for the vid!
LV

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just looking at the pc-monitors in the docu it must be some 10 years old. But that doesn't take away it is a very interesting docu to watch. On the other hand it would be nice to see where science is now with its properties and applications.

Just this morning I watched an episode of CSI new york and there they used fractal geometry to enhance the resolution of a photograph. Very sci-fi stuff that has become reality

I do not know if we are there yet but it would be interesting to see how nano-tec will be fused with fractal-science

Anybody with interest for science should see this docu

A Star and Flag for you my friend

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm almost finished "Chaos" by James Gleick, a brilliant introduction to chaos theory and fractals. I'm glad you posted this, I can't view the vid as I'm on my iphone, just wanted to voice my support for this topic.

I'm fascinated by the concept of fractals, I'll be back after I've had a chance to see it!

All the best, KF!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

if this video works it's an excellent Mandelbrot set in high-definition -- it might be better to click on the video watching YouTube where you can upscale it to 720 p

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I always liked this little bit of that landscape but I only know one little explorer app that renders without boundary. It isn't fancy on the coloring but I think it's interesting enough.

new topics

top topics

join