It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

It is interesting that in modern times we see some blacks/browns spontaneously lose their pigmentation, yet I've never heard of a white/light skin suddenly turning heavily pigmented. It seems like even in religious stories such as the Judaic Christian Bible the dark comes before the light. Perhaps the darkest skin with all color eyes was the first type and eventually some of those lost their pigmentation and gave rise to the various skin shades with all eye colors.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

its possible, but traits like red hair or silver eyes takes a combination of traits to activate. red hair being a result of blond hair mutation and silver eyes being a mix between blue eyes and purely black, hence the ridiculously small percentage of people that have them.

Skin is easier to manipulate and now we see every color under the rainbow from nearly blue to translucent white

[edit on 2-2-2010 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Proud to be a mutation with my mutant brothers and sisters. We should make a flag and start our own country and proclaim that we own the land of Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Quiet an old rehash of old news. The search feature is your friend here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

My eyes tens to dance between blue and green as well. They very blue in sun.

The flash in this photo makes them looked alot greyer than the are.

i188.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

My family are basically a mix of everything, Ive had family members who are born with light skin and blond hair and by the time they were in their teens their hair started turning darker and the same with their skin, My uncle looks like he has an African American Gene in him, but looking at his baby photo, you would never guess it's him now.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
reply to post by Bluebelle

My eyes tens to dance between blue and green as well. They very blue in sun.

The flash in this photo makes them looked alot greyer than the are.

i188.photobucket.com...

Wow! That is one interesting pattern.

Anyways, i found this article. Having green eyes, I found it amusing that people used to think that green eyes meant you were possesed by a snake. Looks like reptilians exist after all. Apparently I'm one of them.

www.opti-free.com...

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Blender]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Blender]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Thing is, its obviously not true. Why?

Think. Blue eyes is recessive. So one person gets the mutation, what next? It dies out again. Unless a whole population got it at the same time, it would just dissapear and never show up.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
With all this discussion over the differences in eye colour, where does that leave people like David Bowie, who famously has different-coloured eyes?

Incidentally, I am another blue-eyed boy!

Roy.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by royspeed]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

You mean all of that is connected to my blue eyes
?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

One of Bowie's eyes was injured when he was a child.
That's what happened there.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

?

What a load of BS. Hahaha, obviously written by someone with blue eyes.

Most of the people I know with blue eyes are usually very small, go bald, feminine, lanky, and from what I asked of my girlfriends, they usually are not very well endowed at all. If anything the blue eye gene could be a a bad mutation.

But believe what you want. Non intelligent people like to think that their skin colour, eye colour, nationality, religion, point of view is better than everyone else's.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Haha, thats it, Im off to scare everyone in the gray area & tell them Im a reptilian overlord.

reply to post by sensible thought

never seen that eye colour before. Im jealous!

Mine are just messed up, if Im not wearing any bright colours they just stay this horrid green/grey colour:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d7b51021656.jpg[/atsimg]

But took this one a few weeks ago and it looked like a completely different eye, just because I was wearing a blue coat!:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc82e58745e.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats waaay better then just having boring old blue eyes.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
maybe the "mutation" is like aliens experimenting with our gene pool years ago, or some other race visited and the "single common ancestor" is one of them...i dunno....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
lots of people have two different coloured eyes, its called heterechromia.
Not caused by damage to the eye. Maybe it was in bowies case, but that doesn't make very good sense. How would impact change the melanin causing genes?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

?

Most of the people I know with blue eyes are usually very small, go bald, feminine, lanky, and from what I asked of my girlfriends, they usually are not very well endowed at all. If anything the blue eye gene could be a a bad mutation.

But believe what you want. Non intelligent people like to think that their skin colour, eye colour, nationality, religion, point of view is better than everyone else's.

Yes it was all about stating my beliefs in that post. I was completely serious!
Man , you really got me.

Laugh much do you?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by Monts

Originally posted by Monts
The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.

That can't be right. Neither of my parents, nor my grandparents have blue eyes, yet I do. I don't know who taught you that but it certainly doesn't comply with my situation.

There can be some variance and exceptions, but the way I was taught was that it was a recessive gene, and can be summed up by this graph:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/915b74c7a34f.png[/atsimg]

In this case, capital R represents dominant gene (brown eyes) and lower case r represents recessive gene (blue eyes). As long as the dominant gene is present in offspring, (brown eye), than they will have brown eyes. The person with RR had two dominant brown eye genes received from his/her parents, while the other had two recessive rr blue eye genes received from their parents. The first had brown eyes, while the second has blue, and as a result, all children have brown eyes, but at the same time carry the recessive gene.

Therefore it is 100% guaranteed children will have brown eyes, but will carry the recessive blue-eyed gene.If these children partner with another RR brown eyes, 50% will have RR dominant brown eye gene, while 50% will have brown eye dominant Rr gene with recessive blue eyes. All will have brown eyes.

If an Rr partners with an rr, then 50% will be Rr, with brown eyes, while 50% will be rr with blue eyes. So you need to have both recessive traits in order to have blue eyes.

If two people with blue eyes become partnered, then their children will all have 100% rr, as their parents have to have both recessive genes in order for them to have blue eyes. This is assuming of course, if blue eyes/brown eyes are the only genetic eye-color traits in the gene pool.

This is very simplified of course, and as in all biology, there are always exceptions and freaks of nature. And the percentages represent theoretical ones, because nature is random by nature.

So your parents/grandparents never had blue eyes, however they could have been carrying the recessive blue-eyed trait with them, which would mean that theoretically they would both be Rr's, with dominant brown eyes gene and recessive blue-eyed gene.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by asd10
lots of people have two different coloured eyes, its called heterechromia.
Not caused by damage to the eye. Maybe it was in bowies case, but that doesn't make very good sense. How would impact change the melanin causing genes?

It's not a mutation in Bowie's case. It makes perfect sense. Google it.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Sounds like a case of eye envy, to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LMAO

He's obviously envying something , Sig.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join