It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US speeds up its own and Gulf allies preparations for clash with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

US speeds up its own and Gulf allies

www.debka.com

The Obama administration took the unusual step Saturday night, Jan. 30, of leaking word to major US media that the United States, Saudi Arabia and Gulf allies - the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain - have accelerated the deployment of new defenses against possible Iranian missile attacks. They are preparing for Iran, or its surrogate Hizballah, to hit back for a possible US or strikes on Tehran's nuclear facilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here we go... Going to be an interesting week!!! I think this may be the go ahead from Obama to Israel. Anyone know If we currently have any large Naval Battlegroups out in the Persian right now? Also does anyone know what they mean by accelerated? few days month's or years? So far only debka is reporting......

Edit:

As the article mentions about the 20% Uranium enrichment the article below goes into more detail. I do not think Israel is going to sit idle anymore, Iran is getting too close to weapons grade and now Israel is just waiting for Iran to announce it next week... Article below.

Article

-Kdial1

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
SO who is Debka.com?
en.wikipedia.org...

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is an Israeli, Jerusalem-based English language open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.[1]

The site started in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of veteran journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem.[1] It has been awarded Forbes' Best of the Web award.[2] Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

Yediot Achronot's investigative reporter Ronen Bergman claims that the site relies on information from sources with an agenda, such as neo-conservative elements of the US Republican Party, "whose worldview is that the situation is bad and is only going to get worse," and that Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.[1]

The site's operators claim that 80 percent of what Debka reports turns out to be true, and point out their 2000 prediction that al-Qaeda would strike the World Trade Center, and that they had warned well before the 2006 war in Lebanon that Hezbollah had amassed 12,000 Katyusha rockets that were pointed at northern Israel.[1]

Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable. And there sources have an agenda, such as neo-conservative elements of the US Republican Party

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

ummm, ok They were just the first to report on it. Will the Washington post work for you or New York Times?

WP

NYT

and here is another source from my second link I provided.

Second Source to my second link

Hope that helps you out, I am well aware of Debkas Spin... However I can see through it. When I posted this story they were the first ones reporting it.

-Kdial1

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
More than likely this is only the egos of US warmongers talking tough so that they can side step diplomatic aspects in favor of "tough talk" but...

If the US does strike Iran it will be the beginning of a long and tedious series of terrorists attacks against the US overseas & on her own soil. My opinion is that most of the radical Islamic world views Obama as a traitor of the faith and if he, in their views, allows such an action then the fatwa will be directed against America with a vengence. Some intelligence chatter has been captured already on this. And then there is the China and Russia aspect also. I do not see China nor Russia getting directly involvded but one cannot rule either of these two out either 100%, Most Americans don't think of China in that manner of being confrontational but on the same hand most Americans do ot fully understand or know this communist hold out country well either. In my little opinion they are waiting for the "big one" so to speak so they can step up and challenge the US in front of the world.

Russia on the other hand is sneaky with a goof up front friendly image but still has not got over the Cold War entirely. Myself and many others believe they still have those little suit case nukes (actually the size of a fully packed duffle bag) They still maintain help from their friends in the Balkan region and use them like mercenarys when required. It will ne interesting to see how this plays out, will Obama toss a few sidewinders as did Bill or will he opt for the full effect like 'ol W did?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
already being discused here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh come on ! Are you kidding me ? Debka is Israel's biggest booga booga media outlet there is. Nothing they say can be taken seriously. That NYT and WP linked to the story doesn't mean a thing. Those are two of the biggest Zionist rags in the country.

Take the NYT Jerusalem bureau chief Ethan Bonner, for example. His son is a soldier in the Israel Defense Force. Bonner is nothing but a cheerleader for Israel, in much the same role as William Kristol used to have.

Washington D.C. = Good
Israel = Good
Palestine = Bad
Iran = Bad

Actually, the NYT and WP linking to Debka is nothing more than monkey see, monkey do.

Don't fall for it !

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Longbob]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Longbob]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
already being discused here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do people feel the need to do this, constantly? It can be discussed on more than one forum - just not twice in the same. Some people like me, mainly check the breaking news section.

Anyways - I saw this coming a mile down the road, when we pulled the carriers out of the straight. That said, I think it is just an action based on prudence as I highly doubt we will attack Iran.

But who knows!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

I agree with you that discussion on more than one thread and/or forum is good for several reasons but especially because the OP forms the political slant and flavor of the subject reported. 2 or more points of view are good. Back on topic:

Washington Post report makes it sound like this is nothing new just a slow buildup using better missile destroying technology going on for a while and finally reported because:

The moves have been in the works for months and are part of a broader adjustment in the U.S. approach to missile defense, including in Europe and Asia. Details have not been publicly announced, in part because of diplomatic sensitivities in Gulf countries which worry about Iranian military capabilities but are cautious about acknowledging U.S. protection.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
More than likely this is only the egos of US warmongers talking tough so that they can side step diplomatic aspects in favor of "tough talk" but...

If the US does strike Iran it will be the beginning of a long and tedious series of terrorists attacks against the US overseas & on her own soil.

There is no way Obama will strike first against Iran. They'll have sanctions and increase diplomatic pressure, I expect Iran will eventually get n-weapons. I don't think Obama will assist or give permission for an Israeli strike. Israel may go alone.

Now if Iran retaliates against our assets in the Persian Gulf, they should pay a very heavy price. No tit for tat. Because that's how they would ratchet up insurgency in Iraq and around the world. I'm talking shock and awe. No occupation or land war, just a total air campaign and naval blocade. Operation Iron Eagle. Destroy all the oil field infrastructure.

Maybe in a decade when Rand Paul is elected, he'll call Saudia Arabia and tell them if another major terrorist event ever goes down against the US, Mecca and Medina are wiped off the face of the desert.....forever.

Originally posted by mikeleeMost Americans don't think of China in that manner of being confrontational but on the same hand most Americans do ot fully understand or know this communist hold out country well either. In my little opinion they are waiting for the "big one" so to speak so they can step up and challenge the US in front of the world.

I agree completely. American capitalists gave the communist Chinese lots of assistance starting back in the 1950s/1960s. They thought eventually the govt would reform. It never did. In hindsight, the US should have completely boycotted the communist govt and it might have fallen on its own accord. I've read China is so diverse, almost multiple nations, without a strong authoritave central govt, it will disintegrate.

They don't own all the cards, but we need to get our financial house in order and tell them to F-off. It's not legitimate, a criminal mafia known as the Communist Party of China. I think it's the blueprint for the NWO. I guess that's why the bankers invested in it. I think we should sell weapons to Taiwan.
Freedon isn't free.

Originally posted by mikeleeRussia on the other hand is sneaky with a goof up front friendly image but still has not got over the Cold War entirely. Myself and many others believe they still have those little suit case nukes (actually the size of a fully packed duffle bag) They still maintain help from their friends in the Balkan region and use them like mercenarys when required. It will ne interesting to see how this plays out, will Obama toss a few sidewinders as did Bill or will he opt for the full effect like 'ol W did?

I think we can work with Russia, but I hope he won't behave like GWB. He looked like a fool, infatuated with Putin. I read in one of Bush and Putin's first meetings, the spooks offered to bug Putin's hotel room. Bush declined, fearing detection and the loss of trust. But high placed officials believed it was a sign of weakness. It's part of the game, and Putin likely would have respected him more, even if the bugs were detected. But they thought it was close to foolproof. I've read about bugs that are nearly impossible to find. They can be inside of concrete walls, along angle iron, and still detect vibration passively somehow.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Schaden]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Maybe in a decade when Rand Paul is elected, he'll call Saudia Arabia and tell them if another major terrorist event ever goes down against the US, Mecca and Medina are wiped off the face of the desert.....forever.

Having lived in a Muslim country, that scenario is not only unlikely, impractical, over reactive and inhumane but highly likely to provoke a counter attack on any and every Christian, Buddha or any other religious center. Rome would not approve.

[edit on 31/1/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This Iran talk has being going on forever, and it is getting kind of tedious. How long are they going to play this broken record? Another three or four years? When are they going to poop or get off the pot? This is really getting ridiculous, this double talk of deadlines and they could or they could not have the bomb in a year, fives years, or some other baseless forecast is only stroking the paranoia of the American people who are already being rocked to the core with a myriad of hopeless domestic issues.

Personally, I think going to war with Iran would be a disaster and could be devastating to the US and the its allies. However, if they want war, then quite the small talk and put the money were their mouth is! If not, worry about the debilitating deficit, the snakes slithering about through halls of government, getting people back to work, because if the politicians haven't been watching there is a war going on at home.

The middle class is being devoured, robber-barons are raking in wind-fall profits during Depression like conditions, infrastructure is in utter disrepair and decay, institutions at the local, state, and federal levels are operating on deficit spending, and other rot from within scourges the land. The house of cards is slowly wobbling, and all it will take is one stiff wind to blow the whole thing down.

This Iran thing could be that? However, if war is what the corporate military industrial complex aspires to, then by all means go for it. If not, stop wasting everyone's time with the hair-brained rhetoric and start focusing on other issues. So, if they want war, then by all means go to war!

However, I hope they think long and hard about the ramifications of such an adventure. One, it will turn the Persian Gulf and the Straight of Hormuz into a shooting gallery. It would bring international oil shipping to a halt. Not to forget it would probably tick off the Russians, because they have significant government advisers in Iran helping them develop this peaceful or military nuclear program.

Hamas and Hezbollah will continue strikes against Israel with tacit approval and backing from their masters in Tehran. Any inroads in Iraq will be destroyed as Iranian intelligent agents infiltrate the fledgling government to spurn confusion nationwide, while ratcheting up tension among the Shiite majority against the Sunnis. Then the US and its military bases will be attacked by insurgents and missile strikes from Iran.

Plus, Iranian backed sleeper cells in the US will be activated by an attack, by the government in Tehran. So, it will be something the world hasn't seen since World War II and this time the bomb may be used, again, out of desperation. Those are some examples of how bad this thing can get if war is wage against Iran, and there are more scenarios to consider, as well. However, if this is what the masters want, then stop toying with it and just get on with it, or as I said earlier, stop wasting our time.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well, it's all posturing. However, there are three things at play here...

1. Iran possesses a credible missile programme with reach well into all the Gulf States surrounding it, and beyond – thanks to those nice chaps from North Korea , China and Russia.
2. Iran insists on pursuing a "closed" nuclear programme which has a direct “nuclear bomb” application and that is singularly worrying.
3. Iran recently executed demonstrators for “enmity against God”. (I bet all the Iran supporters here would love to live there)!

The surrounding Gulf States hold no particular love for Iran and do fear their capability and welcome the ability to defend themselves. It’s all precautionary.

I am sure the US will not act independently without a mandate from the UN, as to do otherwise will cause too much criticism of “illegal” this, than and the other from all quarters. Those who think Israel will do it are deluded as they don’t have the capability destroy Iran’s dispersed nuclear capability (straight line distance 600-1,000 miles). However, the possession of nuclear weapons by Iran is a real issue.

The outcome will disappoint the war mongers and armchair generals/amateurs who seem to be willing for an armed confrontation. The World (US, EU et al) will play a long game of containment and sanctions against Iran. Iran has enough internal problems of its own (see point 3. above) and internal collapse and dysfunction (although dangerous) is the end goal with the hope that what pops out is less belligerent.

Regards

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
War with Iran is nearly certain, either it will be started by Israeli strikes on Iran or by the U.S. (less likely) ... Either way, building up these defenses in the gulf region is a logical move.

While I believe the last thing the Obama administration wants is a military confrontation with Iran, they are faced with an inevitable confrontation and this move simply highlights that.

If there is a new war in the Middle East, the best way they can solidify US support for that war, would be following the aftermath of a large scale terrorist attack in the USA that can be linked in any way to Iran.

If the Israelis really want to take Iran out they should make that happen, then drop a few bombs on Iran... The US military can take it from there.

"Not if, but when."

If you are living in a major U.S. and/or perhaps even a U.K. city considered a prime target for a large scale act of international terrorism, or retaliation NOW would be a logical time to consider a move to a more "safe" rural location.

The time for talk and empty threats is quickly running out.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sigh...war is not the solution...

It will be the iranian masses that determines what actions it should take. And that takes education and awareness....something that had been lacking but instead social funds spent on aquiring war tech and building monumental white elephants.

It is still not to late to stop any war in Iran. The masses are the solution. They alone have no reason to want a nuclear bomb. To have a bomb is to die by the bomb. The iranians are humans too, and have absolutely no reson to want the bomb in their country.

Israel having the bomb is only playing bogey man tales. If Israel had wanted to control the middle east, every muslim state would had been bombed to smitterens long ago.

Having that bomb would only mean that whomever fire, there will be return fire and both sides will lose precious human lives, and it will be the common masses who die, never the leaders....

The iranians only want to live in peace and prosperity, for themselves and their next generations. They will have to be the ones to make that decision - to support the Al Mad or kick his butt out of the country, and then work towards zero nukes in the middle east - something which Israel will agree to if the other muslim states stop their tirade of 'death to jews'.

The leaders had failed. Now it is up to you and me to text our iranian friends, and write to them, and empower them. War is reversible, if actions is taken now to protect one another, if not able to, at least for the sake of the innocent next generations...

[edit on 31-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Sigh...war is not the solution...

War is the only solution 'now'.

It will be the iranian masses that determines what actions it should take. And that takes education and awareness....something that had been lacking but instead social funds spent on aquiring war tech and building monumental white elephants.

The Iranian people and their collective will is irrelevant, the Ayatollahs rule Iran and are ready to initiate a holy war that will (they believe) bring about a twisted Islamic prophecy.

It is still not to late to stop any war in Iran. The masses are the solution. They alone have no reason to want a nuclear bomb. To have a bomb is to die by the bomb. The iranians are humans too, and have absolutely no reson to want the bomb in their country.

It has always been too late. Again, the people of Iran are entirely irrelevant. The Iranian regime in power has more than proven that by their brutal crushing attacks against ANY dissent.

Israel having the bomb is only playing bogey man tales. If Israel had wanted to control the middle east, every muslim state would had been bombed to smitterens long ago.

Paranoia is rampant in Israel, propaganda has won, Israel is ready and their resolve to remove the "Iranian threats" has never been stronger.

The iranians only want to live in peace and prosperity, for themselves and their next generations. They will have to be the ones to make that decision - to support the Al Mad or kick his butt out of the country, and then work towards zero nukes in the middle east - something which Israel will agree to if the other muslim states stop their tirade of 'death to jews'.

The Iranian propaganda has bought them just about all of the time it can. What they want is war, and the destruction of Israel, and to fulfill Koranic religious prophecy, even if that means that they must martyr their entire nation in the process... But they have also, faith that Allah will in the end, save them.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I do agree with your reading of the situation here. Too many people seem to think that Iran is operating in the same belief system as the Soviets and USA ending in logical MAD. Western logic as you point out will not work here and MAD will mean nothing when the religious leaders actually want the fulfillment of prophesy through war. For this reason Iran must be prevented from attaining the bomb, at least in the eyes of the leaders of USA and Israel

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
An alternate source for this "news" other than the one in the OP....

U.S. beefs up defenses near Iran

www.latimes.com...

New antimissile systems are being set up in Persian Gulf countries, including early-warning radar and missile batteries. Washington emphasizes that the measures are intended to be defensive.

Reporting from Washington - The Obama administration has increased the U.S. military presence near Iran and is accelerating installation of antimissile systems in nearby countries, officials said Saturday, as the White House builds pressure for stern new sanctions against Tehran.

New air defense systems are being delivered to Persian Gulf countries, and specially-equipped cruisers -- a linchpin of the U.S. missile defense system -- are being deployed in the waters of the Persian Gulf, the officials said.

Other news:

US boosts missile presence in Gulf as warning to Iran

Thais Say North Korea Arms Were Iran-Bound

Tony Blair accused of putting war with Iran on the electoral agenda

Clinton warns China to stay the course on Iran nuclear sanctions

Hard-line cleric's harsh words aimed at Iranian opposition

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The recent sale of weapons to Taiwan could be an indication that pieces of the chess board are being put in place. The clock might actually be ticking down.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Do we really want another war? I'm sure most Americans would say no, hopefully.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join