It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Drailing' - don't succomb to the temptation!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What is 'Drailing', you might ask? Well, I suppose most already know, but for those who don't, it is a compilation word, to describe "drunk emailing".

Upon reflection of my just over two years here, at ATS, and the times that I got my "hands" slapped the most, (or my butt in a crack; use your favorite euphemism) was when I clicked on that darn, fool "post" button after typing in what seemed (at the time) the most lucid and thoughtful reply ever!!!

A definition from the "Urban Dictionary"

Of course, being 'drunk' may also describe other forms of cognitive impairment; IE, being extremely fatigued, on pain medication, etc....

Not an excuse, simply an observation, and a question to pose to all who are interested --- any others wish to confess too?

There is a corollary to this affliction, that may have more dire consequences than merely being embarrassed within an online chat community...

Drunk eBay shopping

(Caution, one bad word in the link...but nothing that any eight-year-old child who speaks English probably hasn't already heard, or read...)

...but, that affliction, at least, only affects one's pocket book (unless it becomes an obsession, but that's an entirely different (??) discussion)...

[edit on 29 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Please also be aware of Drailing's older brother-

Dreading

No, not a hair style. Creating your next brilliant, top of the page, award winning Thread...while drunk.

Good idea? Not so much....

new topics

join