It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Choosing NOT To Go To the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Obama's budget proposal will contain no funding for the Constellation program, which was to send astronauts to the moon by 2020. Instead, NASA will be focused on terrestrial science, such as monitoring global warming. One anonymous official said: 'We certainly don't need to go back to the moon.'

We never went to the moon, it's time to admit it...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We went to the moon, its time to admit it.

just because we might not be going back. Doesnt mean we never went at all. The space program doesnt capture the imagination of the public anymore. people jsut dont care. so no ones gonna want to give theirtax dollers towards something they dont care about. Btw. i dont trust that sorce. id like to see another bigger one.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

How about, just for one year, we convert all of our war spending to the space program.

That would be insane. We'd have Mars terraformed if we pulled something like that off.

Seriously, since when did Americans have a say where their tax dollars went? If that were the case I highly doubt we would be fighting the great War on Terror so diligently today.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
hey, it doesn't matter at this point whether we went in 1969 or not. The point is that we will not being going back there... or anywhere else.

The future belongs to those with a vision and hunger for discovery, for exploring the unknown. China, India... maybe Russia will do this.

But... we choose NOT to go to the moon in this decade or any other... not because it is hard, but because it is easier to bail out banks and brokers and call it a good day.

help! We've fallen and we can't get up!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They do anything they can to avoid another trip to the moon. Why? Because they cannot go there...they never did.
A manned moon mission would do wonders in many things, including creating jobs, restoring America in the eyes of the world as a super power and forever shut hoax believers up.
America has the money to do it, but it is spent on stupid wars.
But they cannot go...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Youre half right. They have the money and wont use it. Its annoyed me that hes used trillions to bail out bankers but wont space a couple billion to bulk up nasa. And yes again. we have been to the moon. The astronaughts left freaking mirrors there. and people fire lasers to them every freakin day.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, NASA has become a joke, or always was?! I don't know for sure, but the military space program is by far better funded and equipped than the public space program. Just because NASA doesn't get more money doesn't mean that the space race and cold war mentality faded away, the military sector will always be in the forefront when it comes to spending your tax money.

I think they are already on the moon for mining and reconnaissance missions, but who am I to judge....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
NO MO Money, thanks to the banks.

I never would have believed if I hadn't seen it with my own eye, but I think Obama just said:

"No Nasa, no Nasa"

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know what it is but it seems like most of the people posting in this thread don't have any idea about the NWO topics and such. Since when do we listen to anything a politician says? We probably have daily shuttles going to space, we just don't know it. They probably want to shift funding towards the real projects and hopefully get people's attention off of the big theater production that is NASA.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thread already in progress.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then again if you guys want to debate wether we went to the Moon or not then maybe ya'll should stay in this one.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bananarama

What the US spends every year on it's secret UFO / Black Projects ($100billion+), is more than we spend on our entire country a year here in the UK!

So please don't tell me that you can't travel into space etc.

Remember the famous Ben Rich quote and that was a long time ago now!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
From the other thread, my response to this:

I hope this is not true.

So I fired off an email to President Obama about this situation. Here it is, if you consider space exploration to be a higher priority than Climate Change, take a second yourself to let our President know how you feel. Trust me when I say, it IS the very least we can do.

"Way to go there President Obama. Way to send the message to our already struggling youth that choosing careers in science and physics, especially the exciting and MUCH NEEDED field of Space Exploration, is not needed by our country. Way to encourage our youth to set their sail for the outrageous made up field of "climate change". President Obama, when I was growing up in the 70's we used to call what yall are calling Climate Change, WEATHER.

How shameful for you to divert the Nasa Moon Mission money to the charlatan fronted/filled field of Climate Change. How little you must think of our children, including your own.

I hope that this article, where my information originated, is completely untrue, and that there is still time to reverse this short sighted act.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Thank you, please clarify the situation regarding funding for space exploration, and where the 7000 laid off Kennedy Space Center employees will be working. Thank you. "

I was so fired up I forgot to add, I requested a response, of course. And yes, I proudly used my name and address to get my response. I am so tired of our government doing stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Way to go Mrs Hot Baked Potato, it's about time somebody spoke up directly to Obama etc.!!!

Oh, is that ur pic? You look really hot!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Am I upset? Eh, yeah kind of. I would like to see someone go to the moon or mars. But i'm only 20 and will see many more presidents before I kick the bucket, I'm sure i'll see man step on the moon some day.

But, come on ATS, our nation has more important things to do right now. Can't we be happy seeing another nation go to the moon or mars? We have to drop the "Us first!" 5 year old attitude.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

posted on Mon Jan 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM

No $1 Billion Boost for NASA Budget

- Thread closed -

top topics

join