It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting puzzles N.L. residents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
please look at the notes rather than saying its a plane.
l@@K and READ:-

Darlene Stewart told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. she saw the mysterious object zoom missile-like overhead, trailing flames or heavy smoke.

"I knew it wasn't an airplane. It was something different," Stewart said.

She took a picture of the object but it was clear from the picture what the thing was.

Another witness, Elly Pardy, told the CBC it appeared to be out over the middle of the bay.

"It appeared to come out of the ocean," she said. "It's kind of scary because you don't know if something is being set off out in the bay, (or) if someone is doing experiments."

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police sent an officer Tuesday to investigate the reports.

(it appeared to come out of the ocean)not from land,
please leave genuine comments.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

"Genuine comments?"

Or do you mean to say - "Comments that i approve of?"

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

An aircraft "appears" to come out of the ocean as it appears over the horizon.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Good find Starshiner!!!

I am not to sure about going along with Phage. At least i would like to see the original photo.

If indeed this was an airplane from Europe flying over at high altitude, wouldn't local residents be familiar with that?

Elly Pardy also saw the object, as did other residents, and reported what she saw to the RCMP and federal fisheries officers.

"It appeared to come out of the ocean," she told CBC News. "It was like it was in the middle of the bay."

If you live in that area wouldn't you be able to tell the difference between an airplane flying over and something appearing to be coming out of the ocean?

hmmmmm, really eager to see the original photo.

star and flag.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
and what about the sounds???
a missile is different to a plane.

if they could tell it wasn't a plane then it probably wasn't!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It's not the first time people have been puzzled.

eek. I didn't know about the separatists' blurb. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
what evidence does that video show? it shows a different picture

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know. But this is still Above Top Secret and i demand an original photo before coming to any conclusions.

I might be an airplane, it might be a daytime meteorite, i might even be an alien spacecraft from the beta quadrant.....

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
it must have been travelling faster than that vid for the woman to say it was missile like lol. but if she saw it overhead then why is the picture of an alternate view?, if it was overhead she would have got a clear shot silly woman

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If you were paying attention you would see that I was responding to this:

If you live in that area wouldn't you be able to tell the difference between an airplane flying over and something appearing to be coming out of the ocean?

The point was that people see sunlit airplane contrails and do not understand what they are seeing. This applies to a lot of other things as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess you are right. The contrail produced by this object doesn't really look like a contrail a rocket would produce..

This is a picture of a rocket in flight but it is still at low altitude..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3b64ae1bec0ec714.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have to admit, that as soon as I looked at the image, I thought "It's just a bloody missile".

Phage has put forward a good argument for his beliefs, as usual, but without a better image to work from, I'm not convinced, so I'm staying on the fence with this one.

Basically it could be either a missile or a plane, although I would question whether an amateur photographer with a point and shoot camera would have the time to photograph a missile in full flight.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Gonna throw this out there, I haven't fully investigated it yet but it's a start.

Here are the flight paths of Canada Air in the area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f6fb2ab515b.png[/atsimg]

Here are the sunset details for the 25th:
(To help with the time of flight)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c648db599027.png[/atsimg]

Here's a timetable for Canada Air:

Link
Not too sure if any of these flights match, I did think I had a match but it's not. There still is a chance that there are other carriers flying in the area.

Like I said I'm just throwing this out there, maybe someone in Canada can piece it together a bit better, it is tricky from where I am.

Links:

www.aircanada.com...
www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...

[edit on 27/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Never mind my off topic post, it was already solved.....

[edit on 27/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

There are very many high altitude flights over Newfoundland. At all hours.
flightaware.com...

Zoom out on the map a bit

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I didn't even think of flightaware!

You're right there are an awful lot.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

That is why i am assuming the people of this area are probably accustomed to high altitude flights passing over each day.....(several people contacted officials about this "incident")

Still no original photo available so on the fence I'll remain...

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Many would have seen it. Several reported it. Some people don't look up very often and would be surprised by something looking so "strange".

There have been many of this type of sighting. You'll find many of them on ATS. They all have at least one thing in common, the time of day. The Sun is always low which makes the contrail appear flamelike.

Re: your missile image. In every missile image I've seen there is a long exhaust trail left by the missile. Except in the case of cruise missiles which don't display much of a trail at all, and certainly no flame.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
They all have at least one thing in common, the time of day. The Sun is always low which makes the contrail appear flamelike.

Nice observation!!

In every missile image I've seen there is a long exhaust trail left by the missile.

Yeah that had me wondering as well. I have been going trough a lot of missile pictures today and indeed they all have a long exhaust trail.....

Except in the case of cruise missiles

I never knew, now i do. Thanks.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join