It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEORN to demonstrate OVERUNITY PROOF!!! Sat 30th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think, this is the 2nd or 3rd time they have made this claim.

The first one had no real excuses, as to why it never happened.
1 day 2 days then it just went away like dust in the wind, now its back and I fear the same, but yes hopefull to say the least.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I recall they set up a stand in a science museum, back in 2006 if memory serves.

The lack of operation was, according to Steorn, due to new bearings being used on the 'Orbo' device, that were not installed correctly by their engineers on the day of the test.

Plus, although the device is still in a prototype configuration, back in 2006 it was in an even more rudimentary design configuration than it is now. If you look at images of it from 2006, it bears little resemblance to the current design.

It's an ongoing process, with lot's of development and tweaking to be done.

Steorn are touting 'Orbo', as a work in progress. A proof of concept if you like. If or when OU is demonstrated, i would expect designs to spring forth that are a radical departure from the current prototypes.

Both different in terms of design and output, but still based on the core phenomena of operation.

I too hope it works. Thanks for your post.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oooh a snake oil show.

I wonder if it will be demonstrated by the bearded lady.

Nothing is free in this world.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UcantBserious

Well, they may have one or two bearded men on their team, especially as it's winter and chilly. Women with beards may be in attendance, but i don't think it's crucial to the device's operation..whisker power...nope, i'm sure it doesn't work like that.

As for snakes and oil, all of the snakes were driven out of Ireland centuries ago, so no snakes. Oil..hopefully we won't be needing quite as much of the stuff in future.

Hey, i'm not saying this is going to work as advertised or not, i'd say more like i'm really hoping it will, and offering speculation as to what may be going on IF it does indeed work.

You may well be right in your opinion, this could all be another 'non-runner' in a long line of them, but while the snake oil analogy has been somewhat applicable to many of these devices and claimants, i doubt this is the case with Steorn, for the reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Nothing is certain here, and anything is possible, but imo, they really feel they have something that can be built upon, and are not out to pull wool over anyone's eyes.

But that's just me reading between the lines and forming an opinion, we'll see tomorrow (or not).

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Nothing is certain here, and anything is possible, but imo, they really feel they have something that can be built upon, and are not out to pull wool over anyone's eyes.

"anything is possible" does not mean that "everything is possible". These guys may very well have deluded themselves into believing this (anything is possible) but they will not, and cannot, demonstrate a device that produces more energy than it uses.

They just won't.

For more information please see: The psychology of perpetual motion machine seekers

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The best way is to not disclose the workings.
Never sell, only lease the energy plant.
When others clone like Compaq did to IBM PC you sue.
RCA cloned IBM main frames.
Then the cloners pay royalties or you lose.
Tesla let all the Marconi use of his patents slide as he
spent his Niagara Falls millions on bigger things like
generators JP Morgan and GE investors did not want to
develop and a lot of powerful voltage devices.
Over unity has to involve the ether arrangement as the
Hydrogen furnace process is even thought to take place
in the original Cold Fusion process that the inventor lied
to the press about the catalysts material. Given the so
called recent attempts at over unity, some sort of
Hydrogen process is at the root cause for energy production.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

spikey, that is about the most intelligent reply I've ever received.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thomson had also stated that an electrode immersed in a fluid insulating medium (an experimental analogy to a body in ether-filled space), at “...sufficiently high frequency”, would cause a gravitation of gases all around toward the electrode, but that the general opinion (of he and his European colleagues) was that it was “out of the question” that such frequencies could be reached. This last opinion was soon to be disproved by a close follower and admirer of Thomson’s work. In reiteration, another Thomson—J.J. Thomson—had claimed to have mathematically developed the theory of moving tubes of force (Phil. Mag, xxxi [1891], p. 149). For his Recent Researches in Electricity and Magnetism (1893, p. 13), his hypothesis was the “the aether is a storehouse of mechanical momentum”, but was this correct? Isn’t it more likely that the “storehouse” of “mechanical momentum” is in “ponderable matter” which reacts with the ether?

Ether is matter with incredible electrical properties.
The power in the ether seems elusive.

ED:

According to the later researches and publishings of J. J. Thomson 4, he had mathematically developed the theory of moving tubes of force. Two years later5, Thomson declared that “...the aether is a storehouse of mechanical momentum”. Tesla, in his prior lecture6, had mentioned the tubes of force and disclosed some of his discoveries concerning the ether and momentum Tesla had stated that all his inventions were created in furtherance of his “electric flying machine”7, which he had partially designed before coming to America, carefully carrying the plans under his arm when he arrived on the ship in 1883.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am here and ready...waiting.

By the end of this date "Jan 30th 2010" I will have something to say about STEORN's promised demonstration of a technology I doubt we have the ability to produce.

Warning...I think this is all BS, and if proven correct today, I will feel as If I am somehow "smart enough" to have known ahead of time "what is BS and what is not".

Let the dice roll, baby!

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Warning...I think this is all BS, and if proven correct today, I will feel as If I am somehow "smart enough" to have known ahead of time "what is BS and what is not".

Same here, but what will be sad is when it fails there will still be some people who think it works, or will work "Real Soon Now"

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
but what will be sad is when it fails there will still be some people who think it works, or will work "Real Soon Now"

I so agree. Hey, maybe me and you are wrong though.

Maybe all this is not a scam hell-bent on gaining funds from gullible people too daft to sense hogwash at face value.

Guess we will find out today!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think that I should note something here that's of importance. The whole concept of "overunity" presupposes that there is some mystery to the creation of more energy than is put into the device. The concept of "something from nothing", or "overunity", IS impossible, and I'm about to explain why.

Overunity, as has been described many times, is the concept of getting something for nothing. Now we know from Scientific laws that that's a patent impossibility, based on the first law of Thermodynamics, also known as the Law of Conservation of energy. So how do these devices appear to produce more energy than they consume, you ask? Great question!

The many people that claim that these devices break this fundamental law of thermodynamics are missing something simple from physics. They are missing Potential and Kinetic Energy. Everything has potential energy, so long as it's not moving. When it moves, energy is flowing through it, which causes kinetic energy. The important one here is the Potential energy.

Potential energy is held in ALL things, but magnets possess a feature that most other substances do not; they have the attractive/repulsive properties that make them what they are. Because of this, they possess an unusually high amount of Potential energy, and thus have a greater reaction on other magnets in their immediate vicinity than other object do. When one passes by another with the same polarity, they repel quickly. This creates kinetic energy that's transmitted into work by the device that's connected to the magnets. Usually, a small electric current is applied to the system to insure that the machine keeps running. This act of adding an electric current to the system does not mean that there's less energy going into the system than is coming out of it. It just means that there's energy that's not being accounted for here.

So, if someone uses a device such as the Steorn device, we can be assured that it's not breaking some fundamental law of nature, but instead is just utilizing the natural laws of the universe in a new and exciting way.

TheBorg

[edit on 30-1-2010 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The live stream is on at www.steorn.com...

[edit on 1/30/2010 by above]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok, watched it and i am sorry to say that we the skeptics were correct. The demonstration did not prove anything.

The conclusion was basically "we get out 1/3rd of the energy we put in, plus work so that the conlusion is 108% efficiency". You must have faith since there is no way of measuring the work done by the rotor.

99,9% debunked, fake, hoax, call it what you wish. I seriously doubt anything will come out of this. If something comes, they did a really really terrible job in proving it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
Ok, watched it and i am sorry to say that we the skeptics were correct. The demonstration did not prove anything.

The conclusion was basically "we get out 1/3rd of the energy we put in, plus work so that the conlusion is 108% efficiency". You must have faith since there is no way of measuring the work done by the rotor.

99,9% debunked, fake, hoax, call it what you wish. I seriously doubt anything will come out of this. If something comes, they did a really really terrible job in proving it.

I wouldn't call it debunked quite yet, but I agree that their little demonstration proved nothing. I'll wait for some independent analysis before making a conclusion.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Over unity perhaps is a new term for the self acting machine.

There were efforts to use Lord Kelvin's atomic gas discoveries
in oscillators. Perhaps with some electronics of today a generator
might not oscillate out of control. So if the stories are correct the
self acting was too powerful and destroyed itself. Not too shabby.

The electricity from air or induced isotope radiation can also work
too well as to cause an explosive condition.

Two examples of over unity working too well leaving the experimenter
to drop the study such as Tesla and Dr. Moray.

ED: a better SAM link:

[edit on 1/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Look, i can type here all day and all night that an experiment, any experiment WILL work, and that undiscovered technology exists in a future period waiting for us to connect the right sequence of dots to see the whole picture...but, will that make it so?

NO, it won't...just as all the wailing, character assassinations, and denial of a given subject will not bring about a failure in a given experiment. Unless of course, the experiment is your own, then you can effectively talk yourself into failure.

Nothing to say about Steorn and Orbo themselves, or are all your posts just rehashed rhetoric, spouted and repeated countless times before you got around to it?

"It just won't" is not likely to inspire serious consideration of your ideas or thoughts.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Well, thank you TarzanBeta!

It's a double for us both then, as that is probably the nicest reply i've ever had - so we're both doing ok then!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Now that I am not having just awaken and about to go to work, allow me to add on to my "wow, what an intelligent response" post.

Thank you for thinking outside the box and understanding that our science and laws are almost nothing compared to true knowledge.

But the universe is not infinite. Our measurements reach to infinity, but we cannot imagine it. If you know anything about the imagination, then you know that most of what we can imagine isn't even reality; even more what we cannot imagine!

Just because we haven't imagined something doesn't mean that it does not exist. However, we know of the concept of infinity and we cannot imagine it. We also know of the concept of nothing and cannot imagine it.

Infinity does exist, but not in the form of our universe. 20 extra dimensions certainly isn't Infinity extra dimensions. Neither is it No dimension.

By saying that we understand only 5% of what's going on, you're saying that there is a finite amount of things to understand. You can give no percentile rating to a portion of infinity. If there is infinity, then everything just IS. If there is infinity, then there are no numbers. There are no solids. There are no liquids. There is NOTHING and EVERYTHING. Within infinity, there is no form.

The following statements relate to the idea of our universe being infinite.

If there is infinity, then all statements are both true and false. If you claim that I am wrong, then you are right and wrong. If there is infinity, then everything that I have said is right and wrong. This is ---impossible---. Because within infinity, impossibility is a possibility. And this is also impossible for each concept is directly opposing eachother and there is a very real line dividing these concepts.

There is only one infinity within our universe. It is the lifespan of energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The lifespan of energy gives us a clue as to its origin, which is beyond time.

There is only one thing beyond time.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Well, thank you TarzanBeta!

It's a double for us both then, as that is probably the nicest reply i've ever had - so we're both doing ok then!

I don't usually get a decent reply when I go on my brain crusades. I very much appreciate such a wise mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join