It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human hand wedged between bed and wall.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I totally believe you livingtruth!

When I was the same age (from four to seven) and in bed, I would see faces by the door of my bedroom (which was open) and hands coming round it, it wasn't like the hands were disembodied, I just couldn't see what they were attached to. This stopped when we moved house when I was seven.

It wasn't a prank by brothers or sisters as I don't have any, and my parents were either in the lounge or their bedroom. I did tell them about it (well screamed and cried actually) but they just put it down to imagination... How annoying is that when you're a child!

It's interesting that the people on this thread that experienced something similar were all about the same age!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I had something similar happen to me, i was at my grandmothers house sleeping and i remember waking up facing the wall. What woke me up was a hand grabbing my hand (my arm lay off the side of the bed). I dont remember much either. I was really young and it scared the # out of me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by Ajax

Holy crap! A disembodied arm fell on you? Wow- never heard of that before! This thread is quickly becoming one of my favs.

What part of Maryland are you from? Im from Northern Virginia. There is alot of paranormal richness in Maryland, especially in areas around Baltimore. Although areas up near Delaware, Annapolis, and Ellicot City have always felt creepy to me aswell.

Ajax, please post more stories! Very very interesting!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by xynephadyn]

Hey xynephadyn, I'm from Baltimore originally and now live further down south in like the Laurel / College Park area (since college - post college). Yeah Maryland really seems to be a hotbed for the paranormal from others' experiences I've heard.

Another episode that quickly comes to mind is one night in college again, it was late and I was up watching T.V. - I'm talking like 2:00am late. I had turned the volume way down because I was on the phone with my g/f, and when I got off I started to zone out a bit just laying there. My arm was hanging over the side of the bed, and the noise from the television blurred into a low resonance in my head.

I kept thinking that I was hearing voices or something that wasn't the T.V. but no one else was home, and I also thought I felt something brushing against my fingertips. I figured it was just my arm falling asleep or a bug or something. So I shook off the sleepiness, adjusted a bit and started zoning out again. I felt it about 2 more times except it was higher on my hand and even wrist. I was still feeling too lazy to actually go sleep or shut off anything, so I rolled over to the other side of my bed and had my other arm hang down there too. Suddenly I felt it again and I'm like what the hell, so I immediately swatted at it and clearly hit something large that was either on or right next to my hand (it was NOT the side of my bed). I felt what I can only describe as something trying to tug me down off the bed, as in my body lurched that way a bit - but I didn't really feel anything grab my arm. I shot up into bed and just sat there in the middle of it wondering wtf had happened. The lights were on, T.V. was still on, I was definitely awake the whole time - but my mind was potentially in a different wavelength or something as I was zoning in and out.

I then got the most dreadful feeling of fear that you can imagine emanating from my closet (the way to the attic is also in the closet on the ceiling). It was one of those feelings where the hair stands up all over your body, you start shivering, you KNOW something is about to happen, and all you want to do is just get up and run. I didn't know what to do. No one was home, it was 2:00am, it was freezing cold winter, I'm just in my boxers... So I got up and hurried out of the room. I turned all the lights on in the vicinity and just stayed in the family room and watched Point Break or something (lol). Didn't bother to go back into my room until daytime, T.V. was still on. Skipped all my classes to get some sleep.

This was another "direct" type of experience. There are tons of others that I have where I've definitely seen things, heard things, sensed things, etc.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Ajax]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
wow that is just totally creepy. If i were you, I would never hang my hand off the bed again!

Yea Maryland has a hotbed of activity. Because it is part of the original colonies when America was first discovered- we have alot of paranormal activity on the east coast. Baltimore especially!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
wow that is just totally creepy. If i were you, I would never hang my hand off the bed again!

Yea Maryland has a hotbed of activity. Because it is part of the original colonies when America was first discovered- we have alot of paranormal activity on the east coast. Baltimore especially!

Yeah...I can't even really comfortably lay my feet over the side of the bed anymore without getting paranoid to tell you the truth. I've just had too many weird things happen to me.

Interesting idea linking the colonial East coast America to the paranormal, never thought about it that way before but I'd reckon you're on to something! Are you from the east coast, if so where from??

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Yes! I am from Northern Virginia, I grew up in the outskirts of Manassas and grew up right near the battlefields. We were inundated with Civil War Ghosts. It was pretty awesome for someone like me who loves the supernatural. Infact one of my bestfriends growing up, her house was used as a hospital in the civil war, and her room was used as an operating room and you can see the blood stains on the wood floor. She used to keep a rug over that however.

As an adult I lived in fairfax, right near the Union Mill in Centreville where troops were stationed. Thousands of troops. My condo there was severely haunted and I always felt the dead watching me. Infact right behind my house, I am pretty confident was a burial ground for falled soldiers. There was a huge sink hole, and black birds would always hang out there. Not to mention the huge negative vibe it had there. Anyways- the ghosts of soldiers would constantly come into my condo. As a Medium I could always tell and I would always encourage them into the light.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by livingtruth

Wow, that a story friend. That gave me chills reading it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of something from when I was a little kid 4-5 years old. My family had just moved to a new house and because everything wasn't sorted out yet me and my three sisters were in one room sharing a bed. My older sister woke up in the night and saw something that made her wake the rest of us up. What we saw was the shadow of an outstreched hand on the bedroom wall. We could see our own shadows, due to the light from a streetlamp outside, two of us on each side of the bed. The shadow was right in the middle of the bed and reaching upwards. We actually got out of bed to see if something could be causing a shadow, such as a dolls hand and there was nothing that could have been causing it. It never moved. Eventually even though a little freaked out we fell asleep. We talked about it afterwards but never saw it again and could never explain it. I wonder if, to a child that hands provoke some sort of primative fear, you know because they can grab, smack or restrain and that is why so many of these stories involve small children and hands. I'm not sure what it means...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't recommend hypnotherapy... our brains and therefore our memories are flawed. Looking back in that way will likely just yield flawed and fabricated memories especially due to the time elapsed since the initial event.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
one night when i was younger my entire arm fell asleep. when i woke up, i mistook my dead hand, which felt a lot larger than i imagined my hand to be, and was cold, under my pillow with my live hand. scared the crap out of me. cried to my parents. then i felt pretty dumb when i got the feeling back in my dead arm.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is something to and about, the paranormal hand. When I was six yrs old, I was sleeping in the living room on the couch, and I saw this very large transparent hand in the air. Then I went right back to sleep for some reason. Sometime after that, I gave thought to the incident, I never told anyone else about it, and at that time, I decided it was God's hand.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have had a few night time frights!
As a young child I shared a bed room with my older sister. We had bunk beds, and I was on the top bunk. I have a memory of a vision of a man leaning over my sister as she slept. The weird thing is I remember him wearing a Santa out fit. I don't remember it being Christmas time either. I could just make out the dark red suit with white trim in the darkness of our room. After that I always had the top bunk, where I felt safer.
My other fright was when I was a teenager. I was listening to music on my headphones in bed. It was late and dark and I was relaxed with my eyes shut and my hands behind my head. I wasn't and hadn't been asleep when I opened my eyes. Right in front of my face was a white face staring back at me, it was about an inch from my face. I was really scared. I dont sleep with my hands behind my head anymore!
Even though I am now an adult with a husband and children I still feel afraid at night. I have to tuck myself in right under my duvet with only a breathing hole. Even on summer nights I still need the comfort of a heavy duvet!
My fear seems to be so irrational, but just a few weird visions as a child have made me afraid of the dark, hense the name!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join