It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are just interfaced into a Cosmic Video Game.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DeAthoFsaniTy

Well, entheogen provide a instant kick in the head; but sadly the reality with any drug use; including alcohol is they can affect memory and the long term rewards of naturally doing conscious exploration of these altered states which are safer reached via meditation and mind awake body asleep methods.

Anything that agitates or affects the neurological interface like drug use is not something I recommend; only based on memory and quality of consciousness when disciplined in staying awake during sleep. Also entheogens can accelerate the fear response so that in itself builds negative barriers.

Just practice; I am actually awake right now to break up my sleep to try to induce this state when I go back to bed... this wake up / go back to sleep method really works well. As I typed it, my method will be very similar to that.

No alternative substances required
Just natural sleep and attention focusing here.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Hmm i see your logic
but when entheogens invoke fear you must confront it and defeat it just like any other fear issue...but i see them as mods for the game not necessarily cheating just enhancing the experience to broaden its playability

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Unfortunately the ATS ToS prevents us from really talking on the topic of enethogens regardless of any link to CVGS ideas as a catalyst for awareness in this arena of thought.

I do not have the experience in this area to really form an opinion about the pro's and con's short of what I have read on certain schools of thought. Even if I had the experience, I cannot discuss it here, but honestly I do not.

Because of the ToS it is best that we avoid discussions of any personal use of enethogens in this thread as to respect this particular clause in the ATS ToS.

That said, I managed to be fully lucid last night using focus attention and natural sleeping techniques ( 100% natural drug free lucid dreaming as per my mentioned technique in previous posts) and ended up trying to convince Jack Black he was dreaming because I had a dream character that appeared as him.

Despite all my lucidity, I have a really bad habit of engaging dream characters with a genuine need to convince them they are dreaming also. This is in part to many shared dreams I have had in the past; it spawned this behavior.

I cannot say if it was or wasn't really Jack Black in a mutual dream state. He certainly did appreciate the revelation that he was dreaming and liked the discussion of being in a dream as one of my dream characters.

Regardless of real or not, the lucid dream was a blast. I loved it.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

[edit on 31-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That is crazy cool i didnt get to try last night because i pulled a random all nighter haha but tonight i will try to get somewhere
i could use a time out from the world into a perhaps truer reality

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

For me, everything is reality even dreaming. It is all parts of a big picture of a multi-world Universe by which we are the inhabitants.

The Jack Black dream was fun and in the dream I knew it was the second lucid dream I had where he was in it. And we even talked about the prior dream and the current dream.

For me, as fantasy, mind-based as this might be... it's still a very cool virtual reality to play in. I never understand why people are so negative about their ability to dream; it's freedom for the mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

i guess i had dreams where i became a where for a small period of time i remember in one dream i saw color because i asked myself if i dreamed in color then in a dream i had seen a green bowl. i was quite excited with this discovery! i also have had dreams within dreams and a few false awakenings i had 3 within a span of 10min haha it was crazy when i actually got up i felt like a truck hit me haha

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The dream within a dream loop is a blast. Creepy when those dreams come true aka precognitive dream within a dream with a dash of time distortion.

I'm looking forward to your progress, I personally can't wait to go to sleep to give it another shot tonight. Really need to focus on what I want to do when there because I am running out of ideas.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
well, I think the Virtual World theory is a good one but we have 2 problems

Virtual World with data input - that would mean that beings would exist, but everything you see, hear, feel would be processed by a computer that would be interfaced to the "brain" of your real you (thats something we will do soon I believe), like a Matrix movie, this is all happening in a computer, transmitted to your brain, but your interactions would be with existent people too with the same system, like a online game nowadays

HUGE PROBLEM

where all beings come from, you would have to have a lot of "people" to be able to play, otherwise many of you would be AI (in my perspective) or it wouldnt be possible for the game work

thats why I think its very hard for our world to be a virtual with data input, since it would be impossible in our view to have enough people to simulate all living things ...

-

we could be AI, its possible, if we can simulate exacly like our brain works, then we would be able to create artificial beings that are just like us, so, it would be possible to create a world inside a computer with "sims" that are aware ...

its a good discussion, but I really think its hard, because we have more proofs that our world is virtual than that its real ... I dont know which option is worse

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

haha yea maybe ill actually look forward too going to sleep once i learn it how long did it take you? is there an approximate learning curve or varies person to person?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
well, I think the Virtual World theory is a good one but we have 2 problems

Virtual World with data input - that would mean that beings would exist, but everything you see, hear, feel would be processed by a computer that would be interfaced to the "brain" of your real you (thats something we will do soon I believe), like a Matrix movie, this is all happening in a computer, transmitted to your brain, but your interactions would be with existent people too with the same system, like a online game nowadays

HUGE PROBLEM

where all beings come from, you would have to have a lot of "people" to be able to play, otherwise many of you would be AI (in my perspective) or it wouldnt be possible for the game work

thats why I think its very hard for our world to be a virtual with data input, since it would be impossible in our view to have enough people to simulate all living things ...

I do have a more scientific thread in regards to Virtual Reality where several scientists including a mathematician, physicist and philosophers all tackle this very legitimate possibility.

Tom Campbell describes this system as a consciousness training program and cites Virtual Reality through his publication, “My Big Toe”.

Robert A. Monroe who has an interview on YouTube and founded the Monroe Institute describes this reality system as a place where we as a conscious vortex of energy comes and learns how to shape and control many synergistic energies. We become addicted and trapped in the human experience after too many human lifetimes.

It suggests that there is enough consciousness out there in the greater universe to fill all the character types here; especially if we play more then one character.

Originally posted by Faiol
we could be AI, its possible, if we can simulate exacly like our brain works, then we would be able to create artificial beings that are just like us, so, it would be possible to create a world inside a computer with "sims" that are aware ...

its a good discussion, but I really think its hard, because we have more proofs that our world is virtual than that its real ... I dont know which option is worse

I doubt we are artificial intelligence; but we are certainly filtered and shaped into a human model of intelligence. That in itself if virtual implies that our player character down here could be just a script we are running.

Hard to fully understand what it precisely is from the perspective of the character trapped within the game system. All we can do is try to look past the matrix and try to see what would then be the real reality.

If you haven't read this thread: Virtual Reality then I suggest it's worth having a look since it involves many more thinkers then just my speculation in terms of a cosmic video game

I like the CVG metaphor because it explains all the qualia of subjective experience and that make total sense to me. Why food tastes good, love feels nice and pain hurts so bad. That rich range of experience itself describes some type of game design purpose.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeAthoFsaniTy

haha yea maybe ill actually look forward too going to sleep once i learn it how long did it take you? is there an approximate learning curve or varies person to person?

It is a learning curve but remember you are doing it all the time when you sleep; only this time adding your total waking conscious awareness to the mix.

Start with just observing the shift from waking to sleep; make note of these subtle transitions and as you learn how you fall asleep and what signs appear it makes it easier and easier to just get into that flow and become consciously aware during sleep.

Practice is required; like anything, this is a learned skill that accumulates and perfects over time.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well,life is very "dream like." If you stop and think about it, it could very well be that we are all just a character designed by a creative spirit to accomplish a task. Once that task is fulfilled, the creator deletes us from the file and we "die."

What is the purpose? Who knows? I suppose that is something only the creator would know and it may be a purpose that we couldn't possibly fathom to begin with.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree.

Reality is an interactive experience for our higher selves. I think we were "tricked" into playing this game originally and I don't know why we choose to keep returning or if we even have a choice. I don't know if our higher self is all one consciousness (I am you, and we are me) or if we are separate. I happen to think we are all the same singular consciousness split into individual minds to create this simulation of what it would be like to experience isolation and companionship.

There are a lot of things going on outside of our field of perception and we can only begin to figure these things out. Most of us are so engrossed in this game that we don't even question it. Death is something we pretend doesn't exist, let alone study. I have to say kudos to those willing to look through to the other side. Like this guy:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I personally believe that this reality is a simulation and because energy is infinite, then you should be able to create as many beings as you want. Like you said, what is reality and is this reality virtual, whereby we are all plugged in from the outside or are we all simply aspects of an artificial intelligence.

I've read all of Robert Monroe's books and he claims that all beings are from the same Unified source of energy. So thinking logically why would anyone want to become a cockroach or a slug.
Do we have a choice or are some of us forced to incarnate as lower life forms. Doesn't sound like the actions of a benevolent being.

When it comes to reality, how do you know what's real and what isn't. Everything could simply be an illusionary reality, or a simulation within a simulation and if so, just how many levels of reality are there.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

I watched all 4 of his videos; and this has to be by far the "best" user of salvia I have seen because of the genuine desire to answer some very heavy questions.

My book on dreaming is progressing so I have been less on the forum and more on writing my book. I want to share it for some peer review and help with grammar and content; it will shine light on the whole "reality" enigma we all face.

It's good to question; how else do find answers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join