It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic Levitation is Real!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Angus123

Put something in front of your speakers and watch it move about.... although you will have to play the music loud....

i'll watch the vid now

Exactly... it's the same principal. But I think it would give me a headache.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here you go -- there's a thermoacoustic video

www.io.com...

It can deliver conditioned power at any frequency. Are you hearing this NASA? More bang per payload pound to power communication satellites and orbital spacecraft.

reply to post by Angus123

[edit on 21-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

If the standing wave is being created by reflection off of a wall the nodes will be horizontally distributed. Acoustical levitation requires that the nodes be vertically distributed, the object gets "caught" between nodes.

In order to be levitated, the object has to be smaller than the wavelength of the sound. To give you a rough idea, to levitate a basketball a frequency of 400Hz would have to be used. That's about a middle G note. No problem there but the amount of energy required would be huge. It takes 154 dB (a jet engine 100 feet away produces 140 dB) to levitate a water drop 1.4mm in diameter (about .15 gram) that basketball weighs 567 grams, 3,780 times as much. I don't think it can be done. I don't think there is a sound loud enough.

Reflecting sound waves does not amplify the energy. If you are talking about audio feedback, that requires an electronic amplifier.

[edit on 1/21/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thank you for your attention -- thermoacoustic propulsion?

www.io.com...

Here's the Tesla angle on it -- levitating HEAVY OBJECTS WITH SOUND:

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

exactly... more powerful amp more decibels.

You ever been to a concert? An concert can be as loud as 150dB and that is twice as loud as a Jet taking off (140dB)

I don't see your problem with a sound not being loud enough... it's not that hard to do with 3 amps and a huge PA array

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There was an episode of UFO Hunters that was about Resonance Frequency and Acoustic Levitation.

vodpod.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

What does thermoacoustics have to do with acoustic levitation?
www.lanl.gov...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

electromagnetic force.

reply to post by Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lozenge

There is a limit to how loud a sound can be, beyond 194dB it becomes a shockwave not a sound.

I don't know what energy would be require to suspend a basketball but it would be substantially greater than that required to suspend a tiny drop of water.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Exactly -- the shock wave is what turns sound into light

www.youtube.com...

Study this sonofusionjets.com...

reply to post by Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

So Phage can I get your OFFICIAL response on Roger Stringham's ultrasound JET propulsion technology?

sonofusionjets.com...

reply to post by Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Phage has "left the house" so much for "science" haha. But then black ops is where the real science is:

www.er.doe.gov...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No.
You've just gone too far off topic. You have presented nothing but videos and links about thermoacoustics being used to create motion, unrelated to acoustic levitation.

Oh, I forgot, you also provided a link about cavitation fusion as well. Also unrelated (and highly questionable).

"Turns sound into light"? What on Earth are you talking about, that video was just another Stirling heat engine, one using solar energy.

[edit on 1/21/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Have you ever heard of the Tibetan Monks that supposedly made things levitate by chanting?
While that sounds very cool, I never thought it was real. But it turns out, you can indeed use sound waves to levitate objects... and even stun or kill. Dig this...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Pretty good, It's amazing that this video was done back in 1987. Twent three years ago, I wonder how far they have come. By using the speakers at different pitches and angles they were able to move the objects up, down, side to side. What amazed me was how they made that ball turn extremely fast. Could it be possible that they used acoustic levitation to not only move the massive blocks at the Pyramids, but to break out blocks from the the quarries and to cut pieces the way they wanted. They could have used some form of acoustic emitter at a certain frequency to cut the block in rough square or whatever. then for fine detail use a smaller acoustic device/generator to make detail cutting or polishing of the surface. Once done then move it through levitation to where it have to go. If this was possible or done, it would take less people.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I suppose you're going to claim the sonic shock waves of this shrimp -- on video -- creating light energy is highly questionable?

educatedearth.net...

Speechless -- how come the new DARPA "scramjet" -- now in public domain -- relies on forced air waves as heat -- thermoacoustic engine is the fastest in the world?

dvice.com...

reply to post by Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How close is this to sonoluminescence as sonofusionjets.com... ??

dvice.com...

This scramjet technology, which NASA has already proven to work with two test flights, compresses air into the plane's engine by using the shock waves developed by such intense speed. Once the plane gets up to supersonic speeds, this scramjet technology takes over, and it requires no moving parts.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
certinly interesting.Quite some time ago I found some information on a man by the name of john keely.(try a google search for keelynet)This man was said to have done some really wild things with sound and vibration.In fact he was said to have flown before the wright bros.Of course when he died his lab burned down with all his papers inside.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Still off topic, huh?

But you have it wrong. The shockwave does not create light. The collapse of the cavitation bubble produces light (somehow). The collapse also causes the shockwave.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Phage you're talking about the sound of one shrimp claw snapping?

Let me get this straight -- the claw doesn't really snap? Therefore the bubble is NOT created from the snapping claw. The bubble just appears -- like the bubble of the thoughts of a cartoon character?

Is that what you're claiming Phage -- that there's no causation between the shrimp's acoustic sound wave and the cavitation bubble? I just want to be clear about what you're claiming Phage because it sure is ENTERTAINING!!

O.K. -- here's FUSION PROPULSION -- with a link to SONOFUSION at the bottom of the article.

www.hobbyspace.com...

Now Phage -- once again -- ULTRASOUND SONOFUSION PROPULSION:

sonofusionjets.com...

I realize Phage that this is not "Mall Science" -- meaning you can not link to a public science domain -- not even on science citation index! -- but the principles have been demonstrated both in Nature (whether it's Tibetan yogis -- and yes I've done the experiment so I know it works -- or in shrimps!). Roger Stringham's results have been replicated. Sonofusion is now a proven fact even within science.

reply to post by Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes John Keeley is another great example of harmonic TRANSDUCTION of frequency energy -- the author Theo Paijmans claimed that Keeley's financier John Jacob Astor stole Keeley's secrets for the Skull and Bones secret society:

www.unexplainable.net...

reply to post by pooty

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join