It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexpected good deeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just when I decided that humanity is all screwed up and everyone is only out for themselves I come across a person willing to do a good deed just for the hell of it.

I was going through the Hungry Jacks (Burger King for you yanks) drive through to get some breakfast this morning, as normal I place my order at the first window and wait for the cars in front to move along so I can pay at the second window. As I'm pulling up, the guy at the window says it's my lucky day, I ask gingerly "why is that?", thinking it was going to be some crappy HJ's promo or something.

"The man in front of you just paid for your meal"
Still sceptical and a little unbelieving I ask him if he had mistakenly charged the guy ahead for my meal.

"No, it's just something that he does when he comes through for a coffee"

Wow I thought, I'm sitting here now wondering why would someone do such a nice thing for a complete stranger?
Granted the meal was only $11 but it made my day, it also made me realise two things, the first is that there are still decent people out there willing to do something nice.
The second is that it's sad to see the way our society has become if a small good deed is met with shock and suprise, just goes to show how often it doesn't happen anymore.

[edit on 20/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What a great story; thanks for sharing...

Next time I am flush I'm going to do the same thing...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Very cool.

I heard a similar story on the news not to long ago ( Can't find anything about it online now...)

But there was a diner and a couple decided to pay for the meal of the people at another table. They too were surprised. They were so pleased they decided to pay for the next tables meal.... Well this continued on for over an hour, people paying for others meals...

Quite an amazing story; And it truly is nice to hear about this rather than your typical murder, war, and poverty....

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Actually Chad, that is called "Paying it forward". Usually when something like that happens, the proper etiquette would be to pay for the persons meal behind you...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

That did cross my mind.

Unfortunately there was no one behind me so I'll pay it forward some other way.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Socks it is then!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That story was awesome.
Thanks for posting this Chad...I am going to let this story shape my day and do something similiar just because I can.

I have paid for others meals before but not out of doing a good deed and more out of frustration at how long they take slowpoking in line when I don't have the time.
My attitude is usually "I will pay for your meal just get the hell out of my way"
Terrible I know.
:shk:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My thing is usually buying some extra food for one of the homeless, if I happen to see them near a drive-thru, when I have the time to do so....(but only if the person doesn't appear to be a drunk)....

new topics

top topics

join