It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts puzzle over mystery creature found in Wise County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I saw the video and could not identify what the creature was. How is it that no one is able to identify this animal and what animal is it?

I hope that the animal is identified soon and we may know if we have a new species.

Animal experts are baffled by a small, hairless creature found dead on the golf course at Runaway Bay in Wise County.

Potter showed the remains to several people and then took it to a veterinarian's office in Bridgeport. He said no one there could identify it, either.

The creature is dark brown, about 18 inches long, with a black nose and a face resembling a rodent -- but with long canine teeth jutting from the upper and lower jaws.

Source: www.wfaa.com...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry, someone just beat you to it here

Good find though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Sorry, someone just beat you to it here

My link is not saying that it is chupacabra, it is still to be identified. So I dont think it is right to say that it is chupacabra

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Fair enough.

Second line. The discussion over there has already gone this way. That was what I was thinking. Did not mean to step on toes.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's a Fox... with no hair. Guess these 'experts' are not so 'expert'.....

Here is a male Fox, dead with hair, laying in the same fashon. perfect match.

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Pharyax]

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
It's a Fox... with no hair. Guess these 'experts' are not so 'expert'.....

The "experts" were the same thing that drew me to comment on the other thread. I want to know where they get these "experts" for all these hairless animals that turn out to be known animals. It seems odd that many scientists can identify an animal from a bone and yet we keep seeing "experts" baffled at hairless sloths and raccoons and whatever this turns out to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That is a mangy raccoon

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by polit

Someone on the other thread mentioned it appeared to be a type of Coati which is in the raccoon family so that seems pretty plausible. It was my first quasi-guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
reply to post by polit

Someone on the other thread mentioned it appeared to be a type of Coati which is in the raccoon family so that seems pretty plausible. It was my first quasi-guess.

That sounds VERY plausible:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd2514a5ae2b.jpg[/atsimg]
I think the biologist from Cornell (New York State) needs to spend some more time in Texas.

[edit on 1/21/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks like a dog with no hair to me.
I guess it can't be though or the vet would have sussed that I would have thought.
Weird.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is there a militairy base near where they found that animal?.....just joking...or.....wait I put my conspiracy hat off.....

It seemed to be well fed and therefore able to take care of its self, it is young.....they should check out the COD (cause of death). That can maybe tell something more about what it is and where it came from.

If they will find manufactured dog food in his stomach you would know that there was most likely somebody feeding it. At least it will give some more info about the poor creature. RIP.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The news here (major news for this area, not too far from Wise Country) said it was a hairless raccoon that had probably frozen to death.

Positive ID for strange creature in Wise County

I'm not sure, I can't really imagine a raccoon without any fur. At the same time though, I don't really spend too much time reading about mysterious creatures, so the news could be pulling my leg and I might not ever know it.

new topics

top topics

join