It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way to stick it to the airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the right part of the forum... it's an idea for protesting and sticking it up to the airports violating the constitution.

I've though about this... the only way to get what we want is to hit them where it hurts : THEIR MONEY.

Here's my proposition:

You've all heard about the Haitian opening a door in an airport and creating all that chaos?

Well... imagine an organization of protesters doing this in dozens/hundreds of airports all across the nation/world at the same time...every day.

It'd be a national alert resulting in tens of thousands of hours of delays and millions of $$$ in losses each time.

This could be a big leverage against the airports to FORCE THEM TO RESPECT THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

``We'll do that until you respect the bill of rights. Until then, you'll loose millions of $$ every day.``

Those protesters could have anti-Obama t-shirts... pro-constitution t-shirts...whatever message you want to pass... if they get caught... what will the protester be charged with? Trespassing?

The only way for protests to have attention is to get in their face and create a big media crisis which this will surely will.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
FORCE THEM TO RESPECT THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

care to tell us all how the airports are not respecting the Constitution or Bill of Rights?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

You're kidding right? Ever heard of the fourth amendment? The RIGHT TO TRAVEL? The innocent before proven guilty?

If you're too afraid to take a flight without all this useless and intrusive security, you should crawl back inside your mother.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ever heard of the fourth amendment?

That does not apply on private property.... of course, if you do not agree then do not enter the private property...

The RIGHT TO TRAVEL?

No one is stopping your "right to travel", so start walking... the "right to travel" does not include a car, or a private plane.

[edit on 17/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You do NOT have a right to travel on an airplane, nor bus, nor cab, nor pediwalk, nor segway..etc. Besides that the security in those airports are handled by the federal gov't and doing something that dumb would only tighten the noose. Don't believe my? try it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Might be kinda tough to keep this going.

They're going to ARREST everyone and since this is a deliberate and coordinated action probably charge them with some form of terrorism or disruption of the air transportation system. Both of which are considered to be VERY serious crimes in this post 9/11 world.

How many volunteers do you think will want to spend years in prison in order to follow through on your little idea of protest?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by LazyGuy]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
These airports have to follow by the governments rules whether or not you like it. If you don't follow along then the government destroys your company. The bank bailout is a great example. Many small banks in my town refused to take any of the money that was being waved around their faces last year. They feared that it would end up allowing to much government leverage on their companies. Well this year they get to pay $650,000 U.S. I suppose they will be alright but in a small town it will be hard for some of them to stay afloat (small ones mind you). This is what happens when you don't play by the rules.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Forget the airports, what can we do to stick it to the banks?

Of course I'm talking about the big ones like Bank of unAmerica.
I'm sick of playing the credit game, time to switch to the local credit unions.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Stop putting your money in banks

Stop using commercial travel companies...i.e. airlines, bus lines, railroad lines, travel agencies, etc.

call them and let them know why

I have told the 3 travel agencies here that I will drive my own car to where Im going continentaly..and chartering private pilots from there on out...until the body scanners are removed from the airport

Tell the banks that you will not use their services until we receive 0% interest on loans...that WE paid for with the $800ish billion fail outs

imagine if 10% of the bank users did this

or 20%

or 50%

you think we'll see banks hold out...not a chance

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I put my money in a bank because I am paid interest.
0 percent interest on loans, that’s a good one. LoL
I wonder if the travel agents will ever sleep again.

Yep going to jail that will show them airports.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Plasma applicator

If that was a reply to me...I guess I missed the part of where I said going to jail will show them airports

anyways....enjoy the body cavity searches...but whatever thrills you shills

I'm going fishing

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't have numbers, but I have a theory that the airports/airlines/rental cars/hotels/vacation destinations/etc. are having problems and part of what's killing our economy because people only fly when they have to, they choose to fly less in business because they can video conference easier and vacationers have other choices within driving distance/ships/trains etc. Not to forget less aircraft are made & sold, less hotels are being built, less cars purchased by rental agencies.

So, lets not forget it's not just the greedy Bankers and real estate speculators that killed our economy, the TSA and Homeland Security destroyed a big part of it and continue to keep all industries related to travel from prospering as much as the would because I know people choose to fly less because of this BS.

As far as having a right to travel. Just because it wasn't spelled out in the Constitution doesn't mean it has to be to be a right. God gave me the God damn right to travel unmolested as I see fit in the ways that are most convenient for the time period. If that's what ends up triggering the next revolution then so be it. I was born to travel the Earth as I choose, how I choose and when I choose. The rich folks can hire a private aircraft and bypass the BS, so I suppose the best solution is have enough money to bypass the TSA earth scum.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by verylowfrequency]

join