It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi yall.

I could probably find these answers with a few hours of research (I did a cursory search) but I'm kind of at a loss to explain a few things to myself about this incident. Id like some help.

1) The island haiti is part of sits on top of a mountain range does it not? very steep drop off?

I remember hearing that this is why they dont worry about tsunamis much. They kinda just go around that whole area.

2) Since when do earthquakes occur at the top of a mountain? landslide?

3) How deep is the fault line?

I dont know. What else do we know about this quake?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Map of damage here.

cdn.physorg.com...

Seems to me to be a small area for a 7 so close to the surface.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Turkish News Stations carry fake spliced video of Haiti Earthquake

www.liveleak.com...

From the comments section:

So just out of interest i went through around a dozen Turkish news sites and everyone of them was running this video.

The last segment of it is genuine with the girl saying 'It's the end of the World' but i have no idea why they would put a controlled explosion at the beginning of it and then title it 'The Second An Hospital Collapsed'

In Australia, segments of the Sumatran and other earthquake footage were spliced into the Haitian content. In fact, several 'news reports' we watched were virtually ALL from Sumatra, for some reason. We watched them for quite a while before finally waking up to what we were seeing. It was only when someone said something about how many Asians must live in Haiti that we began to study what we were watching more closely

In other forums, people have remarked that a lot of the supposedly Haitian news reports contained substantial content lifted from earthquakes elsewhere in the world. Just wondering if ATS-ers had noted this also

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow! I dont see anything put together that doesnt belong at all. I see a bunch of suffering Haitians amid a rubble of concrete and chaos.

Are you saying this is now also a conspiracy??? Dont get me wrong, i think HAARP is very capable of creating a huge "diversion" or as i said yesterday, "an offering to the Devil" of blood,but i truly havent seen for myself anything that substantiates that this is just some kind of a show...
or seen any Asian people running around.....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I had an idea that the arctic air could of caused the plates to react, but I never even did as much as look into if it's possible. Just good timing. any ideas?

IF that could be plausible, you could then say something like HAARP let the arctic air out, that inadvertently caused these earthquakes... but now I'm really reaching.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sstark]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sstark]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sstark

Its been very hot in Haiti. I dont see how that could be part of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
[edit on 15-1-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

yea I didn't even check to where the air was.

anyhow, it's very sad. Drudge has a lot of info on it.

top topics

join