It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Health Organization (WHO) is considering a plan to ask governments to impose a global cons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

U.N.

www.foxnews.com

The World Health Organization (WHO) is considering a plan to ask governments to impose a global consumer tax on such things as Internet activity or everyday financial transactions like paying bills online.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-1-2010 by dariousg]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
All I can really say is: WTF!!!! Are you kidding me? You see, these people are beyond me. The people of this planet are already taxed into poverty and now a FOREIGN body wants to impose a global tax on the internet and/or banking transactions online?

Seriously getting sick of this crap.

How can we stop this? We have a government in place that LOVES taxes and one that I fear will fall right into step with this.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Yeah ... I wonder why they want this money?

Oh wait ... Big Pharma influence inside the WHO

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Exactly. It ties in with a previous thread I had made showing that a leading health official made that claim of them creating the pandemic to make money for big pharma. Which in turn would obviously make big money for them too. It's a HUGE scam and I fear that the *leaders* (heavy sarcasm for that term now since it's complete BS) will try to impose this tax on the people in the name of world health.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here is what I posted on a similar thread.

Personally, I think politicians across the world ought to be taxed.

IMO, they are the ones who are most responsible for the current state of the world.

Furthermore, many of these politicians are very rich thanks to the status they have and sometimes, the legislation they pass.

Let them finance the UN, WHO, and all other world agencies..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Now that is a great idea. Now to present that for approval before congress. LOLOLOL ROFLMAO!

I bet the first politician that would touch that proposal would probably fall dead on the spot from outraged shock!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Unreal.

First they try and over hype a fake pandemic as well as try and impose forced vaccinations and now they some how have influential powers on internet and financial transactions ? How the **** is that even possible ? The WHO can go to hell!

This is why we need a global revolution! We just need our rights and freedoms entirely stripped from us to get it started unfortunately. The wool on the sheeple covers their eyes pretty well.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't see how the WHO can ask to impose such taxes. They are not the government but a organization put in place by our government to regulate world health. I don't see how they can ask to impose such taxes being just that. I feel they are overstepping their boundaries and becoming to egotistical and powerhungry. Once they get their hands in our pockets we'll never get them out of there.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I did something on this earlier.. bunch of crap if you ask me... I dont think it will fly here in the US

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Report: 237 millionaires in Congress

www.politico.com...

The other 298 are probably close to being millionaires.

I imagine other governments have similar showings.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
GREAT!

U.N.'s World Health Organization Eyeing Global Tax on Banking, Internet Activity

The idea, as with the "indirect" taxes that WHO is about to consider, is that a relatively small consumer levy, once implemented, is a low-profile and relatively painless way to create a global health-care tax system.

Now we are not only going to have Obama's new health care system to pay for, but ANOTHER world wide global health-care tax system to pay for also!

Just great.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The World Health Organization can kiss my rear end!!
No tax from me.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

This is yet another attempt by virtually the same group of people that failed miserably at the 'global climate change' summit recently. Since they bombed there they are trying to focus their energy through this. What perfect timing with the disaster in Haiti where hundreds of millions in medical equipment and medicines will be needed.

Perfect timing indeed.

*Edit to add: Oh yeah, the typical mindset will be used for those that don't want this. "You're heartless and don't care about your fellow man because this is for a good cause." Just like if you disagree with a certain world leader you are now racist! (not a hater or even a republican anymore, just think that it is the truth and a sad display of what government has become).

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The idea is the most lucrative — and probably the most controversial — of a number of schemes proposed by a 25-member panel of medical experts, academics and health care bureaucrats who have been working for the past 14 months at WHO's behest on "new and innovative sources of funding" to accomplish major shifts in the production of medical R&D.

What garbage, what's so innovative about imposing taxes on everything we do?, The Beatles song Taxman comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Source:

The idea is the most lucrative — and probably the most controversial — of a number of schemes proposed by a 25-member panel of medical experts, academics and health care bureaucrats who have been working for the past 14 months at WHO's behest on "new and innovative sources of funding" to accomplish major shifts in the production of medical R&D.

If the WHO was a competent, dependable organization we might want to consider their request for funds. However, if WHO predicts an outbreak somewhere you can be almost certain it won't happen.

Another worthless tax and spend idea thought up by bureaucrats!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"WHO's so-called Expert Working Group has also suggested asking rich countries to set aside fixed portions of their gross domestic product to finance the shift in worldwide research and development, as well as asking cash-rich developing nations like China, India or Venezuela to pony up more of the money."

For some reason I'm reminded of this crazy idea of rich countries being asked to set aside fixed portions of money to help assist developing nations pay for a global tax on CO2 emissions. Among other similarities, like the whole global tax being paid to a UN organization thing.

Yes, what a great idea - paying a tax over how much I use the internet so that the whole world can get the H1N1 vaccine. Thank god we have so many powerful people who are concerned over the health of the entire world population.

I also want to point out --

"Such a scheme could raise "tens of billions of dollars" on behalf of the United Nations' public health arm from a broad base of consumers, which would then be used to transfer drug-making research, development and manufacturing capabilities, among other things, to the developing world."

The world doesn't need more drugs. It doesn't need more products to buy. If the WHO was concerned with actually making people more healthy, and not on making money off drugs, they would take measures to PREVENT health issues. This whole idea of putting out fires is wrong, especially when WE are the ones making the fires (not to mention creating even more as we put some out). We need to start preventing the fires from happening in the first place. Metaphorically and all. If I was trying to improve the health of the world, I'd ask for global governments to impose a ban on extremely unhealthy foods and products. But how can a big pharmaceutical company make money off healthy people? Feh.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sowerby]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
This is yet another attempt by virtually the same group of people that failed miserably at the 'global climate change' summit recently.

It makes me cringe every time I see these 3 titles used anymore, ...

U.N.'s World Health Organization Eyeing Global Tax on Banking, Internet Activity

Especially when they are all grouped together.

Expert, academic, bureacrat,

14 months it took them to come up with the idea of a tax?

What a brainstorm! What genius! How original!

The Egyptian Pharaohs thought of that THOUSANDS of years ago!

They should give the money they were paid for those 14 months back!

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Who is the agency responsible for the wasteful health expenditures!

Cost of the Swine Flu Scare

How irksome, at a time when our national debt is rising by £5,000 a second, to learn that the Government has squandered a billion pounds on swine ‘flu vaccines. Having stockpiled 132 million doses, it is now giving the stuff away. Good news for Big Pharma, bad news for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
How can the World HEALTH Organization impose taxes on the internet? It has absolutely nothing to do with them and makes absolutely no sense. In fact, what the # does the WHO even do except releasing hoax pandemics to increase pharma profits?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
How can the World HEALTH Organization impose taxes on the internet? It has absolutely nothing to do with them and makes absolutely no sense. In fact, what the # does the WHO even do except releasing hoax pandemics to increase pharma profits?

No, they can't impose any taxes. What they are doing is going to the leaders of the rich nations and ask that they impose a tax that gets sent to the WHO. It's ridiculous. But it's all in the name of health and safety. (And lining the pockets of the elitists that think they rule things now).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join