It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of England Bankrupt ?Why Should the Tax Payer Be Robbed to Bail Them Out ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Churches are falling apart due to nobody attending, right?
Isn't the clue in the question?
Why do you need to repair a church if nobody will be attending it?

The head of the Church of England isn't the Archbishop of Canterbury, it's the reigning monarch (who is one of the richest people in the world, coincidentally). She's certainly not paying for these churches to stay open. She has more of a vested interest than the average man on the street, so why are they being made to pay when she isn't?

Sure there are some amazing church and cathedral buildings in England, and they should be listed buildings. If the taxpayer is footing the bill for the upkeep, they should have a say in the use of the building. Museum of history was mentioned. I like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think they should use the churches for astrological museums. Seeing as the bible is based on Astrology anyhow!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Exactly my point.

It just doesn't seem ethical to expect non-Christians to pay for their churches ... the more I think about it ... the more ridiculous the words sound.

Woody

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

On the contrary.

The institution of the Church Of ENgland has SERIOUSLY LOST ITS WAY through appalling leadership where short-tern expediency, and an expectation that it can just stick its hand out for more money, has left doctrinal concerns and pastoral care a joke.

THE CASH HAND OUTS ARE AT THE ROOT OF THE COLLAPSE IN ATTENDANCES.

This laughable mismanagement has to stop.

The solution?
1. No take over of Church buildings
2. No more state cash
3. Dump all the cost shortfall on the leadership who have led it down a blind alley.

Here are some examples where doctrine has been ignored.

- According to doctrine, there is ONLY ONE BAPTISM FOR THE REDEMPTION OF SINS ACCORDING TO THE CREED and THERE IS MORE REJOICING IN HEAVEN WHEN A PAGAN TURNS TO CHRIST. My girlfriend was a lapsed practicing pagan who wanted to become a Christian. We tried FIVE CHURCHES for a Christening, all rejected her. Every Church was almost empty apart from some little clique of friends who made it clear that she could not undergo a Christening , but would have to undergo confirmation at the same time, something that is directly against the doctrine and that she would have to prove herself first, running around grovelling to a bunch of slef-important "nice" people, helping out at their fetes and bake stands.
- The Church accepts cash from the Lottery. Church of England is supposed to be AGAINST GAMBLING and yet is keeping itself going on Lottery money? It is no different in morality than the local Sheriff's Department in a USA town were to be financed by the Mafia?
- The Church of England used to own a large area of Central London known as Tyburnia. This area is dominated nowaday by people from the Middle East, and 99% of them are Muslim. I used to live there too, You would have expected that the Chruch of ENgland would have tried to have tried to show a moral example. Not the case. As their landlord, the Church appointed one of the worst management agencies in the country who worked day and night to swindle cash out of the local population. I did some phoning for the local MP at election time there in the early 1990's and the response was incredible. When we asked these people from the Middle East what the big issues were, we expected to hear complaints about Israel or Iraq. What we actually heard was a torrent of complaints about the Church of England and their land agents vile mismanagement and attempts to swindle cash out of everyone. What a way to show what Christianity is about!
- Traditionally, the Primate, the Archbishop of Canterbury is chosen as a man of doctrinal and pastoral achievement. This time around, a close flunky and pal of Tony Blair, a minor bishop, was appointed to lead the church, complete with a multitude of rumours of cash changing hands.

If the Church of England is to survive it needs a violent shake up and shutting off all access to cash and dumping the problem on the vile leadership is, sadly, clearly the only way to hammer it home now.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
if the people of england were smart they would say screw you and take all the money they have lost to a peice of # church

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join