It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House credits stimulus with up to 2M jobs... "Jobs saved", they mean. For $700B?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

White House credits stimulus with up to 2M jobs

finance.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is trumpeting a new White House estimate that his top economist calls "stunning": His stimulus plan has already created or saved up to 2 million jobs.

The analysis is part of the administration's quarterly report to Congress on the controversial $787 billion package of spending and tax cuts he signed weeks after taking office.

Republicans have denounced the stimulus plan as an expensive flop, pointing to a national unemployment rate stuck at 10 percent
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm. So they don't even have to create jobs to claim a victory? 700 billion and they saved 2 million jobs?
Wait, 700 billion is just the lowest number. I've heard other numbers as high as 27 trillion in bailout, or 11 trillion in bailouts. Who even knows anymore?

We know that almost no jobs were really created.

Lets do the math here though: 700 billion / 200 million = $350,000 per job "saved.

With say an average salary of job saved at $50,000 (probably much less), that would mean that we could have just given the money to these people for 7 years, and they would have had full income.

And this is somehow considered a success??

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ditto.

$787B and 2M jobs according to Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The $787 billion economic stimulus package has created or saved between 1.7 million and 2 million jobs, but its impact on the economy ebbed slightly in the final quarter of 2009 compared with prior months, the White House said Tuesday night.

I want my money back. Or give me my cut and I can quit for a year!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
first: I want PROOF. You can't just say "Ohhh well we saved 2 million jobs, hows about that! booya!"

Without showing WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE HOW AND WHY mother@$~$ god damn sons of !@$ ... do these asshats honestly take us for complete morons? Ya, a few ignorant fools might get fooled by this crap, but I think, or.. i hope, the majority of the people see this for what it is: Lies.

Not even a good lie. a HORRIBLE LIE!!!

Why not 3 million... or 4 million ... at least, it wouldn't look like this:

$787,000,000,000 to fund "approx" 2,000,000 jobs.... I dunno maybe I suck at math reallllly bad, but I kinda think that figures out to:

$393,500 PER JOB

MY GOD!!!

I had NO IDEA Walmart was paying that much for a cashier position!! ... I am going to go to my local wallyworld and apply first thing this morning!

I don't want my money back.. it's dirty money the government pulled from their ass to throw at random people to make it appear as if they did something.. even if nothing was done at all.. the appearance that something was done to cover the void of what could have been done will be enough to make the dissident voters complacent for a few more months. How many times the government can kick us in the gut and walk all over us all the while telling us how wonderful the world is, I cannot say... going on three years of this crap, nothing changing, the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer and we are left with imbecile bastards sitting on their self righteous pedestals and the best they can %$!% give us is 393,500 dollars per job for jobs that are both temporary and low paying. This country is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
LIES,LIES AND MORE LIES the say alot of things without ever backing it up and the child like masses that follow them eat it up. You would think that after being lied to so many times and the war the followers would see the truth it is like a battered woman syndrome almost.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is a scam

Pass this around people, how the US is scamming the population with numbers.

White House Alters How Stimulus Jobs are Counted

Amid a barrage of criticisms over how the administration tracked jobs created by the $787 billion stimulus package, the White House last month quietly issued a directive changing the way those numbers are reported to the government, according to CNNMoney.com.

Previously, the Obama administration had attempted to calculate the number of “jobs created or saved” through the stimulus package. The jobs saved numbers were widely criticized as being highly subjective and impossible to judge.

Instead, businesses will begin to change the way they report their numbers to the government. Now, businesses will be required to report all jobs on projects funded by the stimulus, regardless of whether it was an existing job or not.

“The update reflects important simplifications to the manner in which job estimates are calculated and reported. Specifically, recipients will now report job estimates on a quarterly, rather than cumulative, basis. As a result, recipients will no longer be required to sum various data on hours worked across multiple quarters of data when calculating job estimates,” White House budget director Peter Orzsag wrote in a letter to stimulus recipients.

www.economyincrisis.org...

I guess the government most be very sure that we the American people are dumb and stupid

How dare them.
more Koo laid please

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

If you have a construction company with 20 guys working and you get

a job to do a bridge.

They count those 20 guys as jobs.

even though they had jobs before hand.

top topics

join