It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spiral above United Kingdom from meteo satellite?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A new Spiral above UK?
These images taken by a UK's MeteoSat remove the breath. What is it? What has generated this spiral that is extended for hundred of Km over UK? Aircraft contrails, a new Russian ICBM test or a New Spiral/Portal above UK?

In my opinion the aircraft “contrails” are linear and straight, and in these images to there are to lot above the spiral…. BUT THE SPIRAL?
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
A new Spiral above UK?

already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
very weird.
Good catch IMO......

Tornadoes are a natural spiral.......I wonder if winds high in the atmosphere go spinning off into strange spirals such as this?
I wonder what would happen to an aircraft flying into such a thing?.

........I am thinking MAYBE we have 'rogue winds' in the atmosphere much akin to a 'rogue wave' on the sea?

heh.
I am not a climatologist so I dunno, I am just speculating

[edit on 13-1-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The article cited does say the contrails were from a known military aircraft in a holding pattern.

Also there is a study associated with these phenomena as quoted by the source cited as well.

Interesting...no-the-less

mg

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Sorry NOT the same thing at at!...NOT the same post....NOT the same subject ......NOT the same pics........
NOT even close hahaha why I wonder are you attempting to derail THIS thread......

...strange days indeed.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
NOT the same pics

The pictures are the same, try having a look at them....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

ummm ya, the link in the first post Dereks posted does indeed go to the same picures in this threads OP.

Why are you trying to derail Dereks post???

Def strange days.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by vip867]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
These satellite photos are breathtakingly stunning. Thanks for posting them up OP. What ever could cause what looks to be a perfect spiral going up into the sky like that.
It looks like a spring or some kind of spiral. Natural or unnatural it looks very interesting.

Edit, moved this line to my mind.

But ,, these spirals are something else indeed. I wonder what could have caused them?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Does anyone else but me see the weird little smiley face in the last photo? Seems like someone has a sense of humor. (Not saying the Original Poster faked these or anything)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
The article cited does say the contrails were from a known military aircraft in a holding pattern.

If that is actually true then I'd say that would be from an airborne tanker hanging about all day while other jets came up 'for a drink' - I'm off see if I can look at more images from the same sats see if they show up anything similar.

Whatever it is it does look unnatural to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
In my opinion the Spiral is huge and it is extended in the high atmosphere for hundred of kilometers. It does not seem "contrail" but something else!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It does indeed seem huge and long... would it have held itself together in a perfect coil like that? Normal contrails bag out after a few seconds...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
How it is possible that a similar spiral can be formed in the high atmosphere? Which thermal conditions, of wind, and other must be present?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

How it is possible that a similar spiral can be formed in the high atmosphere?

a plane is circling there

Which thermal conditions, of wind, and other must be present?

the same as needed for all contrails, except probably not much wind

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

a plane is circling there

Humm.....A plane is circling there....?

Of course, or you are jocking or you have NO idea of what you are talking about or... your is thin british humor...

There are other Real Contrails on the same area, in the same time.... But whit very different behaviour.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

If that is actually true then I'd say that would be from an airborne tanker hanging about all day while other jets came up 'for a drink' - I'm off see if I can look at more images from the same sats see if they show up anything similar

Whatever it is it does look unnatural to me.

Uhhh why would a tanker that is circling and filling other crafts for what I guess you're suggesting to be chemtrails, leave it's own chemtrail, and out at sea at that...?

I don't think you've thought this one through.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There are other Real Contrails on the same area, in the same time.... But whit very different behaviour.

simply because those planes were not circling.... you must not realise that not all planes do the same things at the same time for the same reason....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

simply because those planes were not circling.... you must not realise that not all planes do the same things at the same time for the same reason....

Then: No British humor and No Joke. You simply have NO idea of what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Here is the problem I have with the contrail theory.The spiral thickness (the individual line not the whole shape ) must be at least 10 miles wide just look at the scale of it compared with the land mass below.I don't think a normal contrail would even show up on an image of this scale.It would be like trying to see an individual road from space.Also the whole country would be criss-crossed with trails.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Foo_Lovers]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Some contrails I have seen, especially during colder weather, have been huge. bigger and broader than during warmer days and will often spread outwards and hang around longer if there is no air current to dissipate them quickly.

That part of the east coast is also used a lot by tankers out of mildenhall or, quite possibly (and something I often see when visiting family in Norfolk), AWACS out of RAF Waddington. The AWACS are usually seen flying very broad circular patterns at high altitude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join