It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh About Those 32,000 "Leading Scientists" Against Global Climate Change.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Look I would not be mad if they simply were believing in a stupid silly religion.

But this is more than that.

AWG is designed to RUIN MY LIFE.

#1) Going to Tax the hell out of me, even though I consume less electric or oil than ANY of you do. Yet I will still pay outrageous taxes on it!

#2) Going to Enslave me and force my lifestyle to fit the "model" you and your puppet masters decide for me. Even though my lifestyle is 100x more conservationist than yall's.

#3) Going to justify destroying my nation and my people (and every one else's nations and cultures) simply so your puppet masters can control the entire world by controlling our energy production/consumption.

But this is an outright attempt to destroy us. It is not just an opinion they have anymore. It is an actual plan, with "justification" to enslave every human on Earth. It's worse than a hoax. It's organized crime on a global scale.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Look I would not be mad if they simply were believing in a stupid silly religion.

But this is more than that.

AWG is designed to RUIN MY LIFE.

#1) Going to Tax the hell out of me, even though I consume less electric or oil than ANY of you do. Yet I will still pay outrageous taxes on it!

#2) Going to Enslave me and force my lifestyle to fit the "model" you and your puppet masters decide for me. Even though my lifestyle is 100x more conservationist than yall's.

#3) Going to justify destroying my nation and my people (and every one else's nations and cultures) simply so your puppet masters can control the entire world by controlling our energy production/consumption.

But this is an outright attempt to destroy us. It is not just an opinion they have anymore. It is an actual plan, with "justification" to enslave every human on Earth. It's worse than a hoax. It's organized crime on a global scale.

This statement is a perfect example of how much you guys have become completely lost in the plot and don't have the slightest idea anymore how the Grand Conspiracy even works.

I've already tried to point this out in the General Discussion forum where most people seem to get it, but here on Fragile Earth you guys all just want to stick your head in the sand.

Read this if you want to pull it out.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Ever consider that the last 150 years of climate data is important to the MAN MADE global warming debate because of something called the Industrial Revolution?

Ever consider the fact that for the past 100 years if not more the Sun was at it's highest activity than it has been for more than 1,000 years?...

Ever consider the fact that during warming cycles water vapor increases NATURALLY and it is water vapor that account for 95%-98% if not more of the greenhouse effect in the Troposphere?....

But of course not... it ALL has to do with CO2..... which has NEVER been proven to cause the warming claimed by the AGW zombies...

Also read the whole thread - the ridiculous "you can't predict the weather" argument is irrelevant and has already been addressed.

That's the same excuse the AGW zombies like to give to every fact that refutes your religion, and sorry to say but it is a religion to you...

As for Volcanoes:
And the haze effect from Volcanic eruptions lasts a few years, not essentially FOREVER like GHG's do.

Volcanoes are not the only natural factor that increases atmospheric CO2.... taking into account ALL natural factors that increase atmospheric CO2... Natural factors increase CO2 by about 770Gt each year, meanwhile anthropogenic CO2 is 26-29Gt each year.... BTW, that STILL doesn't prove Climate Change is happening because of CO2....

One more thing....EVERY NIGHT all ghgs release the retained radiation, otherwise it would be very hot every night....the lifetime of ghgs is what doesn't matter because EVERY NIGHT they release the retained radiation... BTW ghgs DO NOT TRAP heat like the AGW zombies like to claim...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are right, and that's why I also kind of get mad... The idiots are going to ruin the planet with their stupid feelings, which are wrong, and they are going to fill the pockets of the rich meanwhile destroying the middle classes of the world and making us poor as dirt...

That plus the fact that the globalists want to implement a One World Government and the stupid AGW zombies are bowing like idiots at their masters and want everyone else to do the same....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You know what ElectricUniverse, I can't be bothered anymore...everything you just listed is bucket of brainwashed crap.

How the hell would you know what the Sun's activity was 1,000 years ago? Did we have satellites back then to measure it? I mean instead of regurgitating all the idiotic denier rhetoric you read on the internet why don't you stop for 5 seconds and actually think about what you're saying.

You guys are the religiously hypnotized zombies, following the word of corporate schills like Lord Monckton instead of the actual facts.

Get a clue. I'm done.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

Ever consider that the last 150 years of climate data is important to the MAN MADE global warming debate because of something called the Industrial Revolution?

Also read the whole thread - the ridiculous "you can't predict the weather" argument is irrelevant and has already been addressed.

As for Volcanoes:

Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

And the haze effect from Volcanic eruptions lasts a few years, not essentially FOREVER like GHG's do.

Way to Twist the facts buddy. Al Gore would be proud.

See volcanoes release FAR MORE than CO2!!!!

Let us see we got pumice, sulfur, etc etc. Literally tons and tons of materials are ejected and BECOME ATMOSPHERIC for years at a time!

The volcanoes spit out so much the sky all over the world becomes hazy.

Humans have been polluting in a major way for several hundred years, and we have not yet reached the scale of world-wide contamination that many major eruptions regularly disperse.

And GHG's do not last forever. Nothing lasts forever. Everything falls apart and forms into something else.

And how the hell can you even have the AUDACITY to make a absurd comment like that anyway? Lasts forever?? Really? Forever?

Have you lived forever and seen the eternal future and eternal past? NO?

Well why would you say things like that than?

You need to give us more credit, IMO. We are not as dumb as you think.

We all agree there is pollution and it needs to stop. But we clearly disagree on the scale and effects of this pollution.

Also, you claim that we only need to study the last 150 years again since this only deals with AGW. Here is why your dead wrong.

How would you know the last 150 years have any noticeable changes if you did not compare it to earlier data from before the Industrial revolution?

Fact is, you have to look at a wide scale of data from many millennium to even get a decent picture of what is going on.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

You know it would be really nice if your posts consisted of something more than " NO UR WRONG!" and " UR BRAINWASHED LOL" " RIGHT WING SCHILLS!"

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance!

Those who believe that humans altered the climate are the same humans that would have believed their crops failed due to not sacrificing a virgin.

The high priest of climate change is demanding you to sacrifice! Gore awaits your sacrifice! How will you demonstrate your sacrifice today? Will you sacrifice your happy steed and drive a ho-hum appliance to work? Will you adjust your thermostat to an uncomfortable level? Will you sacrifice your time and share a ride packed with other believers? Of course those who don't sacrifice are heretics and unbelievers, and must be looked down on and made to suffer also!

Better start the monkey dance and drumming to save all of us from burning to a crisp! Or is it now a freezing death you will save us unbelievers from?

Gore is a false prophet of the religion of climate change.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You guys are the religiously hypnotized zombies, following the word of corporate schills like Lord Monckton instead of the actual facts.

Get a clue. I'm done.

Ok so we are "Following corporate shills" by opposing the UN, IMF, World Bank, Oil Corps, Governments, and everyone else who will rape our wealth over this "carbon tax" crap?

How are we on the side of the globalists, when we are clearly opposing the globalist agenda?

We do have a clue, and the consensus is that your totally misperceiving all of this backwards. Here is some simple math for you.

Al GORE = BIG OIL = Globalist Dictators = Pro-Carbon Tax

"Right wing = Left wing = Corrupt Fascists"

It is almost like you thought Republicans and Democrats were different or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I belive in climate change. I really believe it is real. You don't have to watch the news regurlarly to know that the temperature is changing.
And we are the cause. We have provoked climate change and we still do it by selling ciggarettes, raising cattle(they release bubbles of amonia too much through their mouth and their well...under the tail ya know), using cars, burning tires, destroying our Earth. This is why we should remind our politicians that we need more recycling, better urban development and planning and that by trying to make a better society we will end up creating jobs and motivating researches for new technology.
We can't really do much to stop climate change....And I believe in this as much as I don't think the temperature changes over the years is a matter of the FUTURE. It is a matter of the PRESENT, now, today, tomorrow, everyday.
But will we REALLY stop eating MEAT?
Should we STOP Eating MEAT? Nope...we still are not adjusted to survive without meat. We need to get the proteins and fat from it.
However, once again: We can and we should invest more on RECYCLING and more on URBAN DEVELOPMENT. This is the way to go =]
And this is what I believe that can be done to reduce climate change a little....but it doesn't mean that we will stop it, in other words we CAN'T. If we could it would be trying to destroy what we created, it would be like burning the cause, denying our origins. We are what are are, we did what we did because we thought it would be best for us. We cannot go back. But we still can and should try to do our best to stop climate change in a serious, peaceful, planned way. Not like some crazy purple dinosaurs looking for money like if it was rat poison and it got was high like it does when we drink beer. Happiness is a state of mind, not a dream.
Drop it like its hot, drop it like its hot....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You know what ElectricUniverse, I can't be bothered anymore...everything you just listed is bucket of brainwashed crap.

Of course you can't be bothered, you have been brainwashed, and indoctrinated to not want to believe anything that refutes your claims...

How the hell would you know what the Sun's activity was 1,000 years ago? Did we have satellites back then to measure it? I mean instead of regurgitating all the idiotic denier rhetoric you read on the internet why don't you stop for 5 seconds and actually think about what you're saying.

See?... this is the sort of crap that you people keep doing...you don't do any research on the subject and when you don't know something you claim it is not true, or you just deny it because it refutes your religious crap...

Solar activity reaches new high
Dec 2, 2003

Geophysicists in Finland and Germany have calculated that the Sun is more magnetically active now than it has been for over a 1000 years. Ilya Usoskin and colleagues at the University of Oulu and the Max-Planck Institute for Aeronomy say that their technique – which relies on a radioactive dating technique - is the first direct quantitative reconstruction of solar activity based on physical, rather than statistical, models (I G Usoskin et al. 2003 Phys. Rev. Lett. 91 211101)

physicsworld.com...

But then the AGW zombies claimed that this trend stopped in the 1970s... except that this is NOT true....

the following research was started by Wilson, a top scientist working for NASA since 1978, and the research was for 24 years, until the year 2002, and until at least 2002 the Sun's activity had been increasing...

In total this puts the increased Solar activity happening for at least 100 years if not longer.

March 20, 2003 - (date of web publication)

NASA STUDY FINDS INCREASING SOLAR TREND THAT CAN CHANGE CLIMATE

Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," said Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York. He is the lead author of the study recently published in Geophysical Research Letters.
Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more. Satellite observations of total solar irradiance have obtained a long enough record (over 24 years) to begin looking for this effect.

In order to investigate the possibility of a solar trend, Willson needed to put together a long-term dataset of the sun's total output. Six overlapping satellite experiments have monitored TSI since late 1978. The first record came from NASA's Nimbus7 Earth Radiation Budget (ERB) experiment (1978 - 1993). Other records came from NASA's Active Cavity Radiometer Irradiance Monitors: ACRIM1 on the Solar Maximum Mission (1980 - 1989), ACRIM2 on the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (1991 - 2001) and ACRIM3 on the ACRIMSAT satellite (2000 to present). Also, NASA launched its own Earth Radiation Budget Experiment on its Earth Radiation Budget Satellite (ERBS) in 1984. The European Space Agency's (ESA) SOHO/VIRGO experiment also provided an independent data set (1996 to 1998).

In this study, Willson, who is also Principal Investigator of NASA's ACRIM experiments, compiled a TSI record of over 24 years by carefully piecing together the overlapping records. In order to construct a long-term dataset, he needed to bridge a two-year gap (1989 to 1991) between ACRIM1 and ACRIM2. Both the Nimbus7/ERB and ERBS measurements overlapped the ACRIM 'gap.' Using Nimbus7/ERB results produced a 0.05 percent per decade upward trend between solar minima, while ERBS results produced no trend. Until this study, the cause of this difference, and hence the validity of the TSI trend, was uncertain. Willson has identified specific errors in the ERBS data responsible for the difference. The accurate long-term dataset, therefore, shows a significant positive trend (.05 percent per decade) in TSI between the solar minima of solar cycles 21 to 23 (1978 to present). This major finding may help climatologists to distinguish between solar and man-made influences on climate.

NASA's ACRIMSAT/ACRIM3 experiment began in 2000 and will extend the long-term solar observations into the future for at least a five-year minimum mission.

www.nasa.gov...

The above are only two of the hundreds of research that refute the aGW claims, but of course since this has become a religion for some they will continue to deny, deny, deny, or just ignore the facts because it is more convinient than actually doing some actual research instead of believing in the tycoons of the multi-billion dollar Global Warming business...which btw the oil companies are siding with these tycoons because they are seeing they can make more money through them... We have had some threads about that in these same forums...

Get a clue. I'm done.

Al Gore is making millions off people like you... Show your evidence, and science.. Just show us ONE research paper that shows CO2 is the cause of the warming... I am not talking about GCMs (Global Circulation Models) which are nothing more than flawed computer models..

BTW, in case you don't know it yet the main AGW scientists were caught talking about rigging the data, falsifying information, deleting data.... They even discussed ways to keep people in the dark and not to release the original programs, and the raw data, but instead to just release the rigged data... They talked about discrediting anyone, and everyone who dared doubt AGW, to change the "peer-review process" if necessary to keep any research that refutes the AGW religion from scientific journals, etc, etc, yet blind zombies like you still want to believe them?...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Still waiting for someone to tell me when weather becomes climate?

what is the time frame on a 4.5 billion year old planet?

do you judge a day on a single second of that day?
and then in turn judge a persons life by that day in which the second was taken?

this is what AGW want people to believe, they can take a minute snapshot of a long period of time and then determine that this is not correct, knowing very little about any other factors taking place.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Gore-Backed Car Firm Gets Large U.S. Loan

WASHINGTON -- A tiny car company backed by former Vice President Al Gore has just gotten a $529 million U.S. government loan to help build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.

So US tax payers give Al Gore $529m which get invested in Finland so its not even creating jobs in the US.

Gore’s Dual Role: Advocate and Investor

Mr. Gore and his partners decided to back the company, and in gratitude Silver Spring retained him and John Doerr, another Kleiner Perkins partner, as unpaid corporate advisers.
The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts. Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr. Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

Silver Spring's head office is based in Canada and a 2nd office in Australia

So far that is 1 US billion tax dollars given to Al gore "backed Companies" and does not benefit Americans at all. Oh but you will get to purchase a a car for $89,000 and the profits go back to Finland

Oh and look Al Gore Set To Become First “Carbon Billionaire”

Anyone who thinks Al Gore is not a con man and forcing Man Made Global Warming on us is a good thing should have "Tool" stamped across their forehead.

[edit on 11/1/2010 by wycky]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Go easy on him. He is just drunk on Al Gore cool aid.
The earth has been cooling the last 10 years and they just can't explain it.
It's driving them insane.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Post climategate the natural climate changer denier camp takes on the role of the band that plays on as the titanic fraud of AWG sinks into cooling seas. They know theyre done, but all they know is the music of fraud, and thus would rather be in familiar surroundings as they meet their demise.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Roger Dat

You believe in AGW...good for you... there is a BIG difference between Climate Change, which is NATURAL, and the AGW religion, and it is obvious you are going for the religion...

BTW, do you have any idea at all about what you are talking about?.... Did you know that all the vegetables that you eat use the SAME amount of CO2 as the meat some other people eat?...

Did you know that you need to eat rice, which releases more methane than any other industry, and you need grains like black beans for protein if you don't eat meat, and we all know, or should know apparently you don't know this but you get lots of gases from beans for a reason.....

You are living in a carbon based world, which means ALL life needs carbon, and exhales CO2, or use CO2 to thrive...

Higher levels of atmospheric CO2 are benefitial for plants, and the entire green biomass of Earth but most of today's environmentalists who believe in the AGW scam/religion are actually advocating a belief that harms nature, animals and mankind, because less atmospheric CO2 means less food for plants, and trees, which means less food for animals and humans... but for some reaosn the AGW fans can't put 1+1 together...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah, I know sometimes I should go easy on them, but this has gone on long enough and their stupidity is going to get us in heaps of problems.

The globalists want to start sequestering atmospheric CO2, and several programs are being implemented, as well as legislation being passed to sequester atmospheric CO2. Universities are being encouraged, and given millions to do research on ways to sequester atmospheric CO2, and this is going to cause the worse environmental problem that mankind has EVER caused...not to mention that More people will starve because of less atmospheric CO2 means less harvests...

It has been shown that when atmospheric CO2 levels get to about 180-200 harvests fail, and in fact the Earth is still deprived of atmospheric CO2.

Earth's atmosphere today contains about 380 ppm CO2 (0.038%). Compared to former geologic times, our present atmosphere, like the Late Carboniferous atmosphere, is CO2- impoverished! In the last 600 million years of Earth's history only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm.

www.geocraft.com...

As far as we know levels of atmospheric CO2 at about 1,200ppm - 1,500 ppm can increase harvests up to 60%, it makes trees, plants and the entire green biomass grow, yet the Earth right now has 380ppm and the AGW zombies want to sequester more atmospheric CO2?....

Successful indoor growers implement methods to increase CO2 concentrations in their enclosure. The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

Plants under effective CO2 enrichment and management display thicker, lush green leaves, an abundance of fragrant fruit and flowers, and stronger, more vigorous roots. CO2 enriched plants grow rapidly and must also be supplied with the other five "essential elements" to ensure proper development and a plentiful harvest.

Commercially available CO2 generators offer the most economical, practical and consistent method of enriching indoor gardens. Using atmospheric control systems in conjunction with CO2 generators, ensure the most effective production and use of CO2.

www.planetnatural.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The video implies that the Dr findings went with whoever was paying him. If MMGW scientist are getting paid by the government to study global warming wouldn't saying that there isn't global warming (i would type turn the lights out on global warming, but if there is no global warming one could leave the lights on) mean that they would have to destroy data, i mean recycle materials when they downsize there building for a smaller carbon footprint, in another field that doesn't pay as well.

70's global cooling
80's acid rain...
90's global warming
00's climate change

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Cap & Trade is dead in the water.
Thank God. It's a job killer.
-----------------------------------------
If the republicans win the senate seat in Massachusetts,
ObamaCare will also be dead.
-----------------------------------------
If another underwear bomber attacks and succeeds, Obama will be
done.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by bigyin

Are your opinions grounded in good science, or is this a faith-based initiative?

I see you're parroting all of the policitians with that "good science" catchphrase, well actually it's sound science but I'm digressing. I'd just like to point out that parroting people who wouldn't know good science if it smacked them in the face, makes you look rather foolish.

You cannot appreciate good science, I cannot appreciate good science, politicians cannot appreciate good science. The only people who can, are good scientists.

And let's not forget the goal of science, that thing which makes good science good. Conclusions reached through research, rather than a consensus reached through bullying from false moral authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join