It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Things You're Not Supposed To Know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

you obviously don't know anything about chromosomes or biology

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
#78 The Gov't Can Take Your Property Without Charging You of A Crime

What about eminent domain? I don't think it quite fits into this....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You got a dl link there chief? Sum1 U2U me with it plz...

Looks very interesting, will read again

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The book was a gift to me for Christmas. It costs like $7 at Barnes & Noble.

Some of them were pretty surprising to me.

if you want I can elaborate what the book says on anything you have in question.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Hello Phlynx,
The term "jealous" when referring to God has a somewhat different context
than we usually use tho it retains some of the dynamics.
When God is called or the term jealous is used it is in relation to how he feels about us,He is jealous for our love,that we would not put other things before him,As a husband or Wife would like to know that they are the first in their spouses life.
It is not the green eyed monster as such that causes an adverse reaction that manifests in spite nor malice but a yearning,a longing for the exclusivity of a love relationship with us,tho being God and who he is that is overidden by the free will that he has given,to let us choose him or ourselves.

This may splain it better than i

www.gotquestions.org...

regards

BV.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm busy right now but when I get the time I'll read more of the OP, but thanks for sharing S&F.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got about to no# 10 before I realized how self-congratulating this thread is, but I read them all anyway.
Mods should change the title because it is disingenuous...
The OP simply listed a bunch of "facts" that are esoteric in nature; no conspiracies necessary.

Who besides the OP says we aren't supposed to know these things?
All these countdown/top whatever # threads that are so popular lately has me thinking people are fishes for stars and flags.

Boo!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I got the information from a book that I got for Christmas called 100 things you're not suppose to know. The book has a list of references. It goes into detail about all of the things listed.

If anyone wants, I can elaborate on anything requested. The references are reliable from the book.

The book costs like $7 or $8 at Barnes & Noble

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I see that now. I do apologize for insulting you personally, I stand by how I feel, but not towards you; rather the author..a lot of suspect stuff in there. Again, I'm sorry OP. I should read more carefully before commenting.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

#100 God's Name is "Jealous"

Jealousy, one of the seven sins. That made me laugh... because the bible shows him/her/it being jealous many times. I mean no insult to any ones belief, but just think about it.

Why should that make you laugh? The definition of sin is "disobeying God." God doesn't have to follow any rules whatsoever, especially ones made for far lesser human beings. He is the one who defines what is right and wrong. He is the POTTER, and CREATION is the clay. You can't reduce God to someone that has to follow what he requires of us. Your conception of God is severely limited. Just take our simple human counter-part: A parent tells the little children (go to bed at 8:00 pm), and yet they stay up until midnight. Why? Because they are the ones with the authority to make the rules, and they get to decide who those laws apply to.

I'm not trying to put your down or anything, it's just that your comment seemed so incomprehensible. Basically, God is not man, and is not subject to the laws made for man.

I know this might bruise many people's ego, but really, we need to have some humility here and realize that we ARE NOT the center of the universe, and in fact, God IS... after all, if He made it all, He has the right to say whatever he wants.

Now, aside from this, what is He Jealous about? He is Jealous for our love, as a husband is jealous for his wife. Jealousy is not the same as envy. The word Jealous comes from ZEALOUS and is more like saying PASSIONATE FOR EXCLUSIVITY. There is no other God, for only one God can be infinite, and when we fix our deep spiritual affection upon something other than the one who made all things, He is JEALOUS for us because He loves us so much.

Basically, you can be JEALOUS to protect that which is yours, and you can be ENVIOUS of something that is NOT yours.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
[edit on 9-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
How pathetic, one mention of God and the chrisitans are on the band wagon. God sounds jealous to me. Thou shalt not worship any other, thy shall listen to only my word, I am all and everything blah blah blah. Certainly jealously would spawn such a religious dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Thank You. Also, I completley understand where you are coming from. It is a published book, so some things can be questionable. However, there are alot of intersesting and detailed points this book has to offer.

I do understand where you are coming from, about being skeptical. That's the reason why we are interested in these types of topics, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could you please elaborate on #9?

Most of my family is from there and that's where I was raised, and I never heard anything close to a rumor about atomic bombs being dropped in NC.

thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

certainley, I would be glad too. Thanks, for the oppurtunity.

Quote from text

"...The Tar Heel State's brush with nuclear catastrophe came on January 24, 1961, about half past midnight. A B-52 with two nukes on-board was cruising the skies near Goldsboro and Faro when its right wing leaked fuel and exploded. The jet disintegrated. Five crewmen survived, while three died.

Thw two MARK 39 thermonuclear bombs disengaged from the jet. Each one had a yield of two to four megatons (reports vary), up to 250 times as powerful as the bomb that decimated Hiroshima... The nuke with the parchute was recovered easily. However, its twin proved much more difficult to retrieve. Because the swampiness of the area, workers were able to drag out only part of the bomb. One of the crucial components containing nuclear material is still in the ground..."

the next is a little long for me to type and post, i have people over. summary wise, they dropped, no detenation, however radiation has occured in that area where it fell.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
yes that is scary i live not fare from where they landed.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by proteus33]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Find some of the answers at google books

Google books

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Originally posted by Phlynx

#100 God's Name is "Jealous"

Jealousy, one of the seven sins. That made me laugh... because the bible shows him/her/it being jealous many times. I mean no insult to any ones belief, but just think about it.

Why should that make you laugh? The definition of sin is "disobeying God." God doesn't have to follow any rules whatsoever, especially ones made for far lesser human beings. He is the one who defines what is right and wrong. He is the POTTER, and CREATION is the clay. You can't reduce God to someone that has to follow what he requires of us. Your conception of God is severely limited. Just take our simple human counter-part: A parent tells the little children (go to bed at 8:00 pm), and yet they stay up until midnight. Why? Because they are the ones with the authority to make the rules, and they get to decide who those laws apply to.

I'm not trying to put your down or anything, it's just that your comment seemed so incomprehensible. Basically, God is not man, and is not subject to the laws made for man.

I know this might bruise many people's ego, but really, we need to have some humility here and realize that we ARE NOT the center of the universe, and in fact, God IS... after all, if He made it all, He has the right to say whatever he wants.

Now, aside from this, what is He Jealous about? He is Jealous for our love, as a husband is jealous for his wife. Jealousy is not the same as envy. The word Jealous comes from ZEALOUS and is more like saying PASSIONATE FOR EXCLUSIVITY. There is no other God, for only one God can be infinite, and when we fix our deep spiritual affection upon something other than the one who made all things, He is JEALOUS for us because He loves us so much.

Basically, you can be JEALOUS to protect that which is yours, and you can be ENVIOUS of something that is NOT yours.

God is a fictional character in a book littered with parables. Created by man to give us hope that someone/something is watching over us. To keep us from committing sin and to be law abiding.

I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, but I had to share my interpretation.

Regarding the list, fetuses masturbate? Men have a clitoris? Lol. Some of these things aren't supposed to be known because they're not factual.
It sounds like an entertaining book though.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by StevesResearch]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I'm always looking for a good read. Excellent post and thanks, and I said I told my husband that I was not going to buy another book for awhile.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Oh, and I believe #37.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hello, cool book.

I would like to know about the ten commandments thing, if you don't mind.

As for jealousy being a sin, it's not a sin to be jealous. It's a sin to covet your neighbor's goods and wife. To be jealous means you don't like your loved one giving others undue attention. Such as humankind giving demons and false prophets and government officials loyalty and love instead of giving it to God who created them and takes care of them by teaching them how to survive the long stretch of eternity by helping them learn the hard lessons now.

Whereas covet means to want something so bad you are thinking about doing something bad to get it, such as your neighbor's wife or husband or even child. That's a sin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join