It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hard is it to stop a Terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ok seriously? ive been wondering this ever since christmas there have been numerous attempted terrorist threats, attacks in America the past few weeks and they have all been preventable

1. The one on crhistmas day on the northwest airlines, the US had Intel that he was training in yemen, that the Al Quida sp? had plans for a Nigerian to attack america, and We knew what type of exlposives might be used,

so why the hell dont we check properly? it takes 15 more seconds to thourougly check someone for explosives.

get smart CIA, get smart TSA, Get smart OBAMA!!

[mod edit: fixed "Nigerian"]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
almost impossible...

right?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
apparantly it is impossible for the US to stop anything

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Im of the oppinion that Governments want terrorism to continue. That way the people stay scared and feel reasured that there Governments watching over them. If there were no threats and no danger then it would be hard to justify a lot of political and military buggets, operations etc etc.

Its just another way of the few ruling the majority.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How thorough is thorough?

I can replace my teeth with explosive compound. Cram a pound of it up my rear. My glasses could be made of an explosive compound. I can cut a length of skin and conceal explosives inside me or simply swallow them like balloons of heroin.

And explosives are just one way to terrorize.

I'm sure one or two lunatics on meth or PCP could cause enough havoc to bring a plane down.

Where there's a will there's a way. Safety is impossible.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What I don't understand is this obsession with planes. Yes I know - high visibility, big statement etc.. But there are easier targets if you just want to kill people.

Maybe there aren't as many 'terrorists in waiting' as we are lead to believe. Maybe the threat to airlines suits the government too.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah i agree with you here. Does'nt matter how sucure you make an airport. It will never out match the strength of human will and determination.

If they want to take a plane down theres always a way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Making this as a simple statement we elect the terrorist in this country. We can never stop them because they are part of the system. We vote either democrat or a republican blindly as we have for years and yet nothing changes, no laws are repealed from the previous administration, no wars are ever stopped and and yet we keep the old ones to rule the country in a corrupt manner while expecting a change.

We are doomed unless people quit voting the ones that the Elite wants in there. A sign of insanity is doing exactly the same thing over and repeating then expecting a different result. Quit being brain washed.

Tru

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Terrorism will always be going on as long as MSM, the current administration, and war in Iraq and Afghanistan continue with the NWO's agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I read the title of the thread and thought this was a joke.

Q:"So how hard is it to stop a Terrorist?"

A: Insert punchline here

BOOM TISH!!!

*to drunk for the punch line*

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Evidently it starts with spelling their name right.

Oh... and maybe start with just tracking those on the "watch" list.

This past attempt had these two simple glaringly situations.

So let's put us all through hell at airport security because the government can't even follow their own simple plan.

This guy was already on a watch list.
This guy's family had forwarded their concerns to the government.
The government failed to follow up watching him

So make airport screening tighter - I don't think so.

How about Homeland Security do their job.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Terrorism is a manufactured business by the US. Either that or terrorists are just idiots in general and I don't think that to be true.

In terms of the plane exlosive man, I have no doubts that he was a plant by the US government with the explosives supposed to go off. In that instance it would have eliminated all witnesses to what really went down, however, you have people coming out with very peculiar stories that are simply disregarded.

Terrorism is a joke.

If a REAL terrorist wanted to do something, do you know how difficult it would be to transport a nuclear device into Washington DC, park it in the central plaza and go BOOM, without anyone know what happened? No difficult at all. In fact, it would be as simple as driving to a destination and hitting a button.

The point is, the people in charge don't want to destroy the nation, they want to control the nation indefinately and with immesurable power through fear. All it takes is little signs and signals, spread throughout just to make everyone aware, so they can believe the propaganda.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by gwydionblack]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
How thorough is thorough?

I can replace my teeth with explosive compound. Cram a pound of it up my rear. My glasses could be made of an explosive compound. I can cut a length of skin and conceal explosives inside me or simply swallow them like balloons of heroin.

And explosives are just one way to terrorize.

I'm sure one or two lunatics on meth or PCP could cause enough havoc to bring a plane down.

Where there's a will there's a way. Safety is impossible.

I dunno Guy...A handful of .40 Hydrashoks will do wonders to psychos trying to bring down an airplane...

I was surprised when I went to Ireland this past summer that they didnt even have those explosive puffers out. Just passed through metal detectors and carry ons went through xray.

The puffers probably wouldve caught this Nigerian guy.

***Thanks Mod for helping with the n-word problem on ATS. Ive had my own share of lowercase n's in Nigeria

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is not as difficult as you think. Weapons and harsh treatment means nothing to a guy who has nothing, back against the wall, in this world,or hates the stuff in this world. He seeks for something more higher than what you and I suscribed to in this life - the afterlife.

He believes he will be promised a better world than one here in a desert of harsh environment, careless treatment of himself and those he care about, The despicable and manipulative self centred Iman or the clerics' siren call is sweetness to his ears, having brought up in a culture to respect them and they cannot be wrong.

Twisted in mind since his formative years, he cannot perceive a better life on Earth. He knows not compassion to his fellow beings whom are just like him in most aspect and culture. He dutifully follows what he had been taught, instructed and believed to do and believes he is a hero and would be welcomed in Heaven with 72 virgins awaiting him....

Stopping him with bullets is utter stupidity only the overbred NWO and their minions idiotically thought possible. You cant change an ingrained philosophy of someone taught their formative years overnight or with threats of the bullet.

You can only change a philosophy with another and it better be the truth, and the truth is Islam had been more than just 'righteous sacrifice' jihad. There is a time for war and a time for peace, with respect for human life, even if they are not of similar faith. Only by one's living and role model example can one's God be believed and cherished, not enforced upon.

What had innocent americans and humans from other nations done to Islam? Nothing, except the odd discrimination that all mankind had been trying to eradicate and will take vital time to change so that none gets left behind and fully convinced of its necessity.

The NWO/Corporation had only pit each of us humans against each other, profiting from it for the past 20 years instead of rationalizing the problem and come out with better solutions other than an eye for an eye which will ultimately leaves the whole world blind, not that they care anyway.

Instead of sending 30,000 soldiers, would not sending 30,000 modern peaceful Imans or clerics had done a better job? I am only an insignificant human and yet I can rationalize this truth, why, oh why, have not the brillance the govt had not thought of it or at least give it a try, and instead allow the Corporations to win and hoard their ill begotten gains at the expense of humanity?

How much longer must I, a heterosexual male, weep for the young americans who courageously trust the nation, in belief that they are protecting the constitution, fellow americans and the world when they had been sorely used and abused by the Corporations just as some noble elected politicians had been?

How long must american, israelis, palestinians, and muslim mothers, whom bore and suffered the 9 months of life in their wombs, weep for their sons and daughters caught up in this senseless fight, just as the mothers of terrorist sons as well, when we are all one human race????!!!!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yeah but the mental capabilities of a guy jacked up on PCP or something means nothing when you sever the brainstem.

I could also deliver a razorblade wielding terrorist cutting up stewardesses to his god alot faster. But my 2nd amendment rights only apply on the ground in the state that i live in.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
ok seriously? ive been wondering this ever since christmas there have been numerous attempted terrorist threats, attacks in America the past few weeks and they have all been preventable

1. The one on crhistmas day on the northwest airlines, the US had Intel that he was training in yemen, that the Al Quida sp? had plans for a Nigerian to attack america, and We knew what type of exlposives might be used,

so why the hell dont we check properly? it takes 15 more seconds to thourougly check someone for explosives.

get smart CIA, get smart TSA, Get smart OBAMA!!

[mod edit: fixed "Nigerian"]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

Vote them out of office.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

well, first of all, what is the terrorists WOC (weapon of choice)?

it is:
TERROR
UNEASE
FEAR

uncertain and vague anxiety all the time...
with just the slightest hint that there MIGHT be something devastating and uncontrollable around EVERY NEXT CORNER.
so how to stop it?

don't give the terrorist his weapon - it is ALL up to the terrorized to cease the attack by denying their assailant access to his WOC.

-------------

i'm sure many of you might read this and think what i've said is either irrational or impossible, or both - i mean how can we be perfectly safe in order to ease our minds of this perpetual anxiety?

it is NOT impossible nor is it just one person's crazy rantings.

THINK ABOUT THIS:
FEAR creates DANGER but COURAGE dispels it

by being fearful, one ATTRACTS peril and uncertain situations!
confidence literally REPELS things that are negative and possibly harmful!

think about the advice given to women who have to walk out to their car after work, late at night and alone: walk with an air of complete confidence and surety, because that alone is often enough to ward off a potential attacker.

this same principle works in exactly the same way but in a greater scope on a higher level - if you do not give in to terror, you will not be terrorized.
like attracts like
the person who isn't looking for, or worse yet, expecting, a bad time is less likely to find one.

and i am absolutely sure this can and will work for anyone who's willing to shake off the false bondage of fear in this modern society - simply because it has worked for me - even before 9/11, it was working for me

it can work for you!
if you try it and it works for you - TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS!

spread the courage and terrorism will be defeated!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The best way to stop terrorism is to stop invading countries and killing innocents. None of the security measures will work on a terrorist with half a brain. Still waiting for a terrorist with half a brain to attack.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

well, first of all, what is the terrorists WOC (weapon of choice)?

it is:
TERROR
UNEASE
FEAR

uncertain and vague anxiety all the time...
with just the slightest hint that there MIGHT be something devastating and uncontrollable around EVERY NEXT CORNER.
so how to stop it?

don't give the terrorist his weapon - it is ALL up to the terrorized to cease the attack by denying their assailant access to his WOC.

-------------

i'm sure many of you might read this and think what i've said is either irrational or impossible, or both - i mean how can we be perfectly safe in order to ease our minds of this perpetual anxiety?

it is NOT impossible nor is it just one person's crazy rantings.

THINK ABOUT THIS:
FEAR creates DANGER but COURAGE dispels it

by being fearful, one ATTRACTS peril and uncertain situations!
confidence literally REPELS things that are negative and possibly harmful!

think about the advice given to women who have to walk out to their car after work, late at night and alone: walk with an air of complete confidence and surety, because that alone is often enough to ward off a potential attacker.

this same principle works in exactly the same way but in a greater scope on a higher level - if you do not give in to terror, you will not be terrorized.
like attracts like
the person who isn't looking for, or worse yet, expecting, a bad time is less likely to find one.

and i am absolutely sure this can and will work for anyone who's willing to shake off the false bondage of fear in this modern society - simply because it has worked for me - even before 9/11, it was working for me

it can work for you!
if you try it and it works for you - TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS!

spread the courage and terrorism will be defeated!

There are no terrorists, it is all false flag ops by the govt to justify stealing others' land and resources. Terror is the object. If the govt was against this, they would suppress reports of terrorist attacks and claim the plane had some malfunction etc. like the flight off Long Island, flight 800 or whatever which appeared to be shot down by our own navy and the propaganda stated it was technical malfunction.

Any place is full of crazy wingnuts. Usually the less crazy people keep them in line. If someone was saying, hey, let's blow up bombs in that place that has the hugest military and the most weapons, so they will start shooting those weapons at us, their buddies would say shut up you moron...if he kept on saying it someone would silence him for good before he did it, and brought all the guns to bear on all of them.

And as someone pointed out, why would they not do some REAL attacks if they wanted to, rather than these half baked not plans that dont work? If these guys were supposedly smart enough to overcome NORAD and demolish some of the largest buildings in the world, that just happened to be newly sold and newly insured against GASP "terrorist attacks" so that the new owner could collect double on his insurance, then how come these criminal masterminds would send an idiot on a plane with no passport, some MILITARY EXPLOSIVES and no idea how to even light his bomb off? SOMETHING IS FISHY HERE.....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Terror is the object. If the govt was against this, they would suppress reports of terrorist attacks and claim the plane had some malfunction etc.

that is an excellent point!
if the government was TRULY serving the people, it would not pander to fear.

it doesn't matter if there is a legitimate reason for the FEAR or not, a terrorists simply terrorizes: it doesn't matter if there is a legitimate reason for the FEAR or not...a terrorist just needs to be FEARED.

it could be someone from the Sahara desert, the high school bully, or even that wicked looking clown doll staring at you from the corner of your bedroom.

BFD

when 9/11 happened, and then, in something like a week or 10 days?, Pres GW signed that panicky (imo) legislation and let the world know the US was scared - mad and brave but still scared....i felt that THAT action, by our leaders, was the actual terrorism, ultimately.

i refuse to fall for it.
if i die, i die
i have to die sometime, anyway

i'd rather live now, free of fear!

but how to convince others to try it, too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join