It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-reading systems could change air security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Mind-reading systems could change air security

news.yahoo.com

CHICAGO – A would-be terrorist tries to board a plane, bent on mass murder. As he walks through a security checkpoint, fidgeting and glancing around, a network of high-tech machines analyzes his body language and reads his mind.
Screeners pull him aside.
Tragedy is averted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ok welcome to the future.

This is just crazy.

This reminds me of the book 1984.

What do you folks think?

Now you will have your brains scanned and your body language looked into.

You just better hope your not thinking about anything that you shouldn't when you arrive at the airport.

I stopped flying years ago and I'm glad I did.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow - just read the artical and you beat me to the post - UN F**n Be-LIE- vable - I guess walls and fences are no longer physical - And think if they can do that now - How long have they had the Tech and what/ where have they been using it????? Really I am speachless other than what I just wrote.... Oxy moron I know but look at who were talking about...

No Proof but I call a conspiricy on teh See Thru Scanners and now this!!! How much Gov. Money is going to floating around from this???

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
LOL like the body scanners ...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I had a dream a few days ago... in the dream passengers sat in the departure lounge which was set up like the inside of an airplane.... once everyone was in, the doors sealed and the departure lounge became like a 'capsule' gas filled the capsule and everyone was put to sleep.. the capsule then slid into the actual plane and took off... At the destination the capsule slid out, another gas was pumped in, everyone woke up and left.

I laughed as I told my husband the dream the next day and he shook his head and said "I wouldn't be surprised if for our own safety TPTB don't say that's a possibility!"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hmm makes me wonder what kind of mind-reading technology TPTB have that the public doesn't know about.

So basically if anyone gets nervous in the security line, they get searched? How do people not see anything wrong with this

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just fill your mind with noise and shouting "read it bitch!! read my mind!! you looooove it!!"

Then follow that up with really graphic sexual imagery and some loops of old cartoons.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Just fill your mind with noise and shouting "read it bitch!! read my mind!! you looooove it!!"

Then follow that up with really graphic sexual imagery and some loops of old cartoons.

Yeah but like anything else the crooks will find a way to deter it as well - radar guns = radar detectors....

Prob even made by the same company -

But Yeah - I'll be screaming and shouting......

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Don't worry, nobody can be prosecuted unless they are actually carrying an explosive device, so think happy thoughts or get ready for the strip & cavity search. Thoughts alone can be enough for someone to violate your rights for 5 mins but that's all! I'm sure everyone will be dying for this system to protect them from terrorism by the time Al-Qaeda carry out their next 9/11, probably on 1/22 this year.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Dont worry they are creating all this just to start a or provoke an real revolution by the people, and believe it or not some Canadians are finally waking up and realizing this war on terror was nothing more then a scam.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Don't worry, nobody can be prosecuted unless they are actually carrying an explosive device, so think happy thoughts or get ready for the strip & cavity search. Thoughts alone can be enough for someone to violate your rights for 5 mins but that's all! I'm sure everyone will be dying for this system to protect them from terrorism by the time Al-Qaeda carry out their next 9/11, probably on 1/22 this year.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by john124]

UMMM Sorry to say, but under the new laws you can be held indefinitely on suspicion charges. We are now a controlled people.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So what happens if the person in front of me pisses me off? I will become a terrorist in their eyes?

Can it differentiate between annoyance and malice?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Project Hostile Intent - the real 'Minority Report'

www.dailygalaxy.com...

The potential for abuse is staggering. Imagine that you get tagged by the computer, and the next thing you know you’re dragged off and treated like you were about to blow up an airplane. The only evidence against you would be that a computer deemed that you had some sort of undefined “hostile intent”. The fact that you did nothing wrong wouldn’t stop you from being detained, interrogated, and harassed. Missing your flight home will be the least of your worries! Some people are becoming more frightened by the governments secretive and vague “war on terror” than they are of terrorist attacks.

"Project Hostile Intent", says it all really.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thank god I don't fly. I'll just keep renting a car and driving to places in the US I want to go to. If I ever want to go to Europe again, I'll just get passage on a ship or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From full body image scans to mind reading systems.

The cowardly public will gladly accept this intrusion in the name of feeling safe.

If I wear a tinfoil hat to the airport will they still be able to read my mind?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

LOL! I tinfoil hat would be great! I'd make mine look like the french knight you have as your avatar. Or possibly a big middle finger though that might give away what I'm thinking lol. I could see many possibilities with the tinfoil hat. Maybe I'll go the whole nine and make a tin foil suit to go along with my tin foil hat.

Excellent idea!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
GREAT POST!! this is amazing...only because just yesterday i joked with a friend about the police one day having computer screens in their cars which display people's thoughts as they drive by them! here comes 1984 / Demolition Man / Equilibrium, etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What's the big deal? We all have brains. I don't understand why people are so ashamed and uncomfortable about their naked brain.

If some TSA worker gets off on checking out my sexy brain, big whoop.

I think it is just people with flabby, out of shape brains and men with tiny cerebellums who are making all the fuss.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
What's the big deal? We all have brains. I don't understand why people are so ashamed and uncomfortable about their naked brain.

If some TSA worker gets off on checking out my sexy brain, big whoop.

I think it is just people with flabby, out of shape brains and men with tiny cerebellums who are making all the fuss.

Because it infringes on my right to have personal thoughts! Like when I ready a silly post, in my mind I like to say FU. But that could be considered wrong or even against the law.

What if they go so far as to put these in say a court of law or a class room?
What if I get caught having a dirty thought? Like man I would love to _____ that guy!
This could be detrimental.

And BTW my mind is sexy hot!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Awesome. Conjured up images of "this is your brain... this is your brain on drugs..."

Speaking of which, I'd be tempted to just down some Nyquil before going through this tech. Self-induced brain-fog... won't be able to scan anything then... Assuming I could stay awake long enough to make it on the plane...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join