It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment: How many of us know we are economic slaves to society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just another example of how much "THEY'VE" got us.

Things get tougth and then people will start looking for a place/thing to vent their frustration on.

When an dissapproving figure head emerges that can be disagread with, a lot of people will chew its head off. Venting their anger e.t.c.

Then somehow i suppose, like the way a lot of the topics here suggest, we'll lose more of our freedoms.

The house always wins.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Oh no, another 'slave' thread!
What is with this economic slave thing? Would you rather sit on an increasingly fat backside while manna from heaven rained down on your head and fed and clothed you? Man has always had to work for a living. In fact we are fortunate to some extent in that there is at least some help out there for people in trouble. Not perfect but hey, there was once NOTHING.

Yes, Man has always worked hard for living and most still do, but we don't work for ourselves anymore, we work to pay of debts and government debts, making other people richer.

But if you are referring to having been caught up in material greed, well don't go round blaming everyone else.

Not at all, i have a few wants that i want, but i work hard and paid cash for them not credit

If you lost your job, sorry, but so did I. Life was never perfect. Get over it.

Nope nothing to get over I still have job, have been employed with the same company for 8 years now, I am in a high management position and it is secure.

The rest is off topic, I am not trying to compare this to Slavery at all.
I just think there are a lot of things wrong with society and government and i want to see if others agree with me and discuss about ways of showing it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Ha Ha, lucky you still work. I quit my job just before the reccession happend in the UK. And have been out of work since.
And i quit over the idea that the grass would be greener on the other side,
and would have better prospects e.t.c.
Anyway, being in the dole que is fun. You meet some intresting people.
All in the same boat as you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by wycky

Ha Ha, lucky you still work. I quit my job just before the reccession happend in the UK. And have been out of work since.
And i quit over the idea that the grass would be greener on the other side,
and would have better prospects e.t.c.
Anyway, being in the dole que is fun. You meet some intresting people.
All in the same boat as you.

Sorry to hear you haven't got a job, i know a lot of people don't at the moment.
I'm not trying to gloat, just to try and prove a point that i am in a good state and have no hate because i have lost my job or something else has happened to me to make me start this thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well I have no clue how many people know that they are debt slaves, it's a shame that they don't..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SpiritHipHop]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
but the floral peace sign is well..... a little bit to floral for me

yeah, i thought so

that one's for gals.

Originally posted by double_frick
your sign can be a lighthouse.

Lighthouses are more useful than churches.
Ben Franklin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join