It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency UK militia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
i wonder how much extra help this group could of given people today and tomorrow with all this snow.

Its needed i am glad people can see it.

Well I'd welcome a militia, the UK has been putting the big state standing army around far too much especially in this day and age.

The UKs empire days are long behind it yet still the ptb are promoting an over-expensive army when one along the Swiss lines would be much better.

The Libertarian Party and the BNP advocate a militia-based system (with a tiny regular force to augment the numbers).

As of now having a non-government militia would be a great step in taking back some power for ourselves and reminding the government who really runs the show.

The big test is getting enough people interested and out of the pubs, TV la-la land and footy matches

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Trying to set up a Milita in the UK , or even suggest it will get you labelled a terrorist at worst, a nutjob at best, whilst I agree with you about we here in the UK SHOULD have one to help with community emergencies when the 'real' services are under pressure, it may even help inspire communities to help each other instead of hiding inside and waiting for someone to rescue them.
But as soon as you say Militia you imagine armed gangs roaming the streets like vigilantes looking for bad guys, and seeing as most of the bad guys are in the Houses of Parliament theres your main block to forming a militia.

Edited to add,

the middle ages had militias for the feudal lordling system, and all it caused was bloodshed, but then again I can see the lordling system coming back into force soon , as MP's, rich elites and such hire private 'security' forces to protect their assest from the people ( you and me). There will be blood, militias help to prevent it sometimes, but only if they're armed, which we ain't , legally anyhow. Besides if you said to the UK public " We're starting up militias again", you'd get the real nutjobs like weekend rambos , unstable BNP members and neo nazi's joining to try and further their own agendas.

[edit on 5/1/10 by DataWraith]

The feudal system was flawed but at least they weren't out empire-building and each area was self-sufficient. It looked after it's 'patch' and could tell the king to 'go ****' himself if they disagreed (see Magna Carta).
Don't see that going on now with the modern 'democracy' now do we?

Also don't forget when the Tudors got in they outlawed having independent forces and small defensive armies.
So a vital check and balance on the kings / queens power was removed...

Things have been going downhill ever since imo. It led to the big state and large standing armies, empires you name it...

If people think it's crazy to have a militia then that's their opinion. Some people say yanks are gun-crazed idiots but they are usually the blinkered labour voters

I say we're crazy having a large, top-heavy standing army playing at crusades and the hundred years war in the middle-east.
Only we install 'puppets' and claim 'democracy.'

Then spending all our cash on wasted causes and futile gestures.

So I say ditch the big-army system and concentrate more on de-centralised power. The Swiss Cantons seem to be doing alright and they've been doing it since the middle ages

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thankyou someone agrees with me finally

The current goverment would never allow it though it will take away all there powers.

Things need to change we people looking to help the UK and not gonig to fight stupid wars everywhere.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well here's a possible "loop-hole" for you......an adventure training group!??

Teach all the needed skills for basic survival, first aid like cadets or scouts, but without having a fixed age group criteria.

& then add in extreme survival training to those who are interested, it could even have a forum listing survival techneques, courses & chat services etc.

There's loads more that can be done, i'v just scratched the surface of this idea.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rogueduke

thats sounds fair and it could work, i'll do some reading up on this.

Thanks for the idea, your welcome to help

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I mean no disrespect but you guys and gals over in Britain can not even talk about a militia? What rights do you have left over there? I honestly feel sorry for you and your cross bows I wonder how long you will be able to keep them?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Dont feel sorry, all they do when the take more of our freedoms away is make the people who can see this happening wanting to do mroe and help the sheep open there eyes.

Theres only so much you can do, and if you saw my thread combat and weapons was not my first aim, it was helping the community, then defence and protection.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

It won't matter i have the knowledge, know how & the bloody mindedness to make sure we have arms by any means.....oh & with the correct tactics a crossbow or any other basic weapon can out match those trusty weapons of the Gov's

I should know! i used to use them

reply to post by thecrow001

As to helping, no problem, was thinking about starting 1 local to me

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

well good luck with that, same for me just getting my fitness up again and i'll be going from there.

when youget something moving tell me

u2u if you wanna talk more

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sure will do, just need to get past my "NOOB" access then u2u not a problem

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

sure man, that wont take long at all, i passed that within hours of my first day here. nearly a year gone since then

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Millitia is NOT the right word.

Are you going to start killing police officers, guerilla warfare, kidnappings etc?

this is what i think of when i hear Millitia.

For that i dont support it.

If you want to make a doogooders group, then there are plenty already set up.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I go by the definition of miltia not what the media have told people to think they are.

We are a do gooder group with a backbone.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To true!

Backbone & brass balls to boot

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

why do people always assume the worth from a miltia group, and i thought ATS were more aware of the media making people see people a certain way.

thankyou.

when you hit 20 mate u2u me yeah. i'd liek to talk to you some more.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sure will do

Just over halfway lol...damn "NOOB"

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I mean no disrespect but you guys and gals over in Britain can not even talk about a militia? What rights do you have left over there? I honestly feel sorry for you and your cross bows I wonder how long you will be able to keep them?

Part of the problem, and I've found this even among legit firearms owners, is that people are their own worst enemy.
A majority seem to have what some might call a 'slave mentality' of not wanting to offend the powers-that-be.
As long as the bread and circuses keep rolling the sheep are content to not want to rock the boat.
Only when the bread runs out and the circus show stops do they get off their arse and do something.
For a historical example look at the 1381 peasant revolt...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Millitia is NOT the right word.

Are you going to start killing police officers, guerilla warfare, kidnappings etc?

this is what i think of when i hear Millitia.

For that i dont support it.

If you want to make a doogooders group, then there are plenty already set up.

That's exactly what I mean when I take about people who are fear-struck and brainwashed by the media bs.

Crow and Duke have the right idea in my book.

As long as they don't have murder and mayhem there aren't breaking any laws so onward and upward they go

[edit on 1-2-2010 by WatchRider]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

this seems like fantasy to me. thats why I havn't taken it seriously. I mean is this Daydream really going to leave the board. Are you actually taking this into your real life?

I fully expcect that it will be forgotton in a week.

If not, then you need to start discussions with your immediate family first, then tell your friends. put a couple adverts out in the local paper. Hire a place to meet every week or so. Etc etc.
It takes a hell of a lot of work, to get these things up and running succesfully.
Ask yourself, are you really ready to commit to this? do you see yourself doing this in 5 years time?

Also a few personal questions, are you by any chance unemployed? are you an adult? (what age?,) do you have any real first aid skills?, do you drive?(cant imagine this super cool militia of yours catching the bus..)

You know if you start this group you cannot be carrying around weapons, that would be illegal. and innapropriate, for someone who is supposed to be helping people.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

when you say Uk militia group, what do you think the vast publics reaction is going to be?

excatly.. thats is what i was trying to get across.

You cant tell people,. oh no were not bad we are freedome fighters..with guns....and weapons....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join