It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Path Through Truth and Fiction.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by SalkinVictory

That is very much true. We have to be willing to learn, before we ..Can..learn. Only through wanting to learn do we seek our genius. Very informative indeed.

I sometimes wonder if instead of learning we might not be better off just remembering. I have seen teeny tiny little children utter words of wisdom that fell upon the deaf ears of learned adults, and I have watched them play those games we used to play, that they think are new. Or perhaps, they know these games aren't new and simply remember what fun it can be to simply play. Can you remember the wonder of butterflies and the taste of butterscotch, while watching the quietude of life in its wonder? Can you remember the agreement we made when we decided to be who we came here to be, or do you remember how you learned to be who others told you to be?

I think the thing that makes it hard for us to enjoy simple things like we did as a child is the fact that Some of us have to come to learn that EVERYTHING should be complicated..

Which is complete non-sense.

I enjoy life through the most simplest of things. A smell, a sight, a hello from a stranger.

Everything is MADE from smaller things. So to not appreciate the smaller, and only appreciate the big is completely turning around the pattern?

Hope that makes sense!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hello to you SalkinVictory!

Thanks for tolerating my quibbles and listening to my questions, as there is no greater truth than those wrapped in questions. I remember upon my graduation from school, a wise old man who took me aside and told me he would take just a moment to speak to me in all seriousness. So I quietly listened as he looked me in the eyes and said:

"'As you go through life, go through life."

Then he walked away and I wondered if he was imparting pearls of wisdom and if they weren't thrown to swine, or if maybe at a later date, the seeds that he'd sown I would reap and benefit from such simple words.

I remember adventures and have fun when I talk of them, but remember how little fun they were at the time, and I look forward to more adventures, perhaps figuring out how to enjoy them next time, instead of spending so much time figuring out how to figure out the problems that surrounded me.

I have come to understand that indeed "what is true for me, is true." but have also come to understand that what is not true for me is false, and that then becomes what's true...going through life as I go through life.

Hey Jean Paul!

Thank you for sticking around still!

Let me know more of that quote. I don't think I understand it fully.

It sounds interesting though that, "Going through life, as I go through life.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Please forgive my ignorance of the author. Maybe I should start paying attention to the author's of words. It seems I can only remember the truth of the matter about what was said. By learning the Author also I could follow some of their other true words easier.... any learning suggestions?

Hey!

Soak in as much knowledge as possible, and take, What is true for you!

No need having something you don't really believe in.

Just as bad as having a job you don't really like. It'll always be a 50% effort.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Brain damage. Lets look at it for a second. Forgive me for not posting proof...lol. Sorry couldn't help it I have a sense of humor some times. Anyway, brain damage has also produced some extraordinary gifts for some lives. Do a search of it. So the question arises as to does it matter what kind of brain damage has occurred. Are our limitations really the limit? Or is it just another wall so we have to figure out how to get past it? I am curious as to the Author you spoke of. Would it be to much to ask for you to U2 it to me?

With that said, I have tremendously enjoyed this thread, and I have gained better perception for it.

Hey man!

I can't comment on the brain damage part, as I know little of the effects!

Well, the symbol you have in your picture. If I'm not mistaken, the founder of that is the author of that quote ^^ .

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I removed this answer as Jean Paul answered it like I would've. His answer is the one quoted below me.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SalkinVictory]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Conclusion

Everything is all that there is and all that there is includes you and I and the O.P. and everyone else. Energy, I think is subset to us. We exist in matter, energy, space and time, but we exist outside of it as well. Which then suggest that not everything is energy, only a part of everything. If that makes any sense.

I think you said it better than I did.

You are probably aware of the term: MEST, as you said it yourself: Matter, energy, space and time.

And that there is more than MEST.

Which is then in my belief, where the spirit is.

I just read your long post on Now here and Nowhere and I see we speak the same language.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BY JEAN PAUL:

I think you are correct, but consider what you just said. Perception of reality is a PART of actuality. There is much more to what actually is than our own perception of reality. Yes, in this reality we know as matter, energy, space and time everything gives off a frequency. It is all interconnected, and we being a part of that all are then, interconnected. Our deeds most certainly resonate with frequency but what is remarkable to me is the degree to which our thoughts give off frequency.

Consider time, a construct that exists by our agreement, for surely what is time without our perception of it? We tend to perceive this time as linear because in our physical state we know we have a beginning a middle and an end, and we remember the beginning and we remember our middle and we perceive our inevitable end. That is to say, we perceive our inevitable end when we are perceiving reality as a physical construct. When we step outside of ourselves and look at what actually is we come to recognize that there is only now, right here.

Now, remove the word "right" that is in between now and here and what do you have? Now here! Now, remove the space in between now and here and what do you have? Nowhere! Is this not what actually is? Now here we are nowhere...until we climb back into our physical body and then we are somewhere. Somewhere in space and time playing with matter with all the energy we can muster. Why are we doing this? It is the game, and we all need a game. If we accept that we are much more than our bodies and we exist long after our bodies are gone, then we are eternal and always here right now, or now here.

What a strange concept to think that we as eternal beings would decide to exist inside mortal bodies. What possible reason could exist that would make us want to do this? I have thought long and hard on this and the best reason I can muster is that we decide to experience mortality for the sake of experience. When we are existing in total actuality we are like static or more correctly we ARE static and we know all there is to know all the time because all time is just now here. However, when in this state, we can know of our colossal power but how can we possibly experience it?

To know actuality is to know everything and to know everything is to be denied experience. Thus, we create a game where we pervert actuality and splinter it into our reality. If this is truth, and I don't mean what is true for you, but actual truth, which can be true for you, if you remember that you decided to play this game. All games have rules and all games have goals. The goal is victory and to strive towards this victory is a frequency. Here you are, right here now and what you are experiencing is the present.

Like a gift sent to you from yourself, the present was pre-sent to you by your own frequencies or possibly even by the frequencies of others depending upon your own level of causative action or being the effect of some other beings cause. Do you understand the frequencies involved in that? Consider the words you use in everyday language. You commit to an action that creates an effect on someone else and they ask you: "Why did you do that?", and you answer: "Because!" There is the frequency of being cause and there is the frequency of being effect.

Much to consider, much responsibility to accept in being cause, which is sometimes why we opt for being effect. Who wants all that responsibility? Yet, even so, how can we truly avoid accepting responsibility? If we must always accept responsibility for being, for all that we do, for all that we have, then why not BE CAUSE?

MY REPLY:

This a very great description of what I believe as well, and could not have been said better.

Especially the responsibility part, cause & effect etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

"As you go through life, go through life"

When this friend of mine, actually a long time boss, first told me this I sort of thought he was just being nonsensical maybe, even though I had a deep feeling he very much intended this remark to mean something and to stay with me as I went through life.

When I was younger I was much bolder than I am today. Well, perhaps not today, as I have re-embraced my bold nature again and have taken to heart the age old slogan; "Fortune favors the bold!" But sometime in my college career I began to feel the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, and know the pain of rejection and alienation and it was hard to suffer through. With each new arrow, each new stone hurled my way, I began to contract.

I tried to keep expanding but somehow, subconsciously I had succumbed to a brutal universe that made its cold, uncaring and awesome power known to me. I began to adapt caution thinking I was being prudent. I became more reticent thinking I was being wise. I became more leery thinking it was just good strategy.

Occasionally I would burst upward from this downward spiral of contraction and charge up the high hill of accomplishment, only to be knocked down again, and with each stumble I slowly but surely agreed to contract. Life was less pleasing and adventure just no fun at all. I opted for less adventure and sought out comfort and security.

For a time, this seemed to work and I was able to build up some equity, owned my own condo, enjoyed a good life filled with fine meals, good drink and many women, but I was not doing what I really wanted to do, and I knew I would never be happy until I finally began to do what it was I really wanted to do.

Finally, one day, I mustered the courage to walk away from my life as a bartender and moved to Los Angeles to follow my heart and pursue my dream. Everybody I knew thought I was crazy. It was a recession after all! But I left anyway, certain that fortune favored the bold.

Once in L.A., I struggled, and struggled some more, and kept on struggling. For a time, I continually landed on my feet and would rebound but it was always one step up and five steps back. I just couldn't figure out how to get through life. The contraction continued and I grew older coming ever nearer to my own mortality and in utter horror, watching a life never happened, become but a faded dream.

Stuck in the same dead end job for more than fifteen years, continually telling myself that if I could just finally get ahead, catch up with those ever mounting bills that eventually became insurmountable, I could finally begin living the life I wanted to live. Perhaps every person has their moment when enough is enough and they decide to act. Not just act in cautious ways, not just be bold for a time, but truly act.

One day, after losing a family that was never satisfied with my efforts, after working more than 65 hours, six sometimes seven days a week, miserable at a dead end job, I realized that as I continued to go through life, I just wasn't going through life and I quit my job and walked away from misery and began to live...finally live.

I still struggle...boy do I struggle! Yet, it is an adventure and while rarely fun these adventures, always compelling and never a dull moment. With steadfast conviction I have refused to work for other people unless it was wholly on my terms. This has caused some periods of financial instability and I have gone hungry many days, but I refused to contract another second and demanded the universe get the hell out of my way!

The universe, of course, has a mind of its own, and will make its demands of me. We battle constantly, but I am beginning to see the chinks in the universes armor, I can see the cracks in the wall from my constant attacks, and always, I wake up each day and I dare to be bold...well, not always, I have my days when I drop from exhaustion and curl up in bed and sleep away my wounds, but when I am awake, I go through life!

This year, just now one week old, has all ready brought me good fortune, and while I am in some financial turmoil, finally the efforts I have made are starting to pay off and I am no longer becoming the man I want to be, I am the man I want to be and as I go through life, I go through life.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for sticking around untill now, it has been great seeing your opinions!

I hope you stick around some more, and we can spread some knowledge!

Also, sorry it took so long for me to reply!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hey there he is. lol. It's okay, welcome back. Now on to the search for truth. Something I have always thought about is wisdom. Just exactly what is it? Is it common sense? Or is it something completely different? What are your views on the subject?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join