It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea how to prevent an economy to collapse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What will make everything billions of times worse is that the collapse will not come at the time of the Government's choosing. The US Government may well be planning a controled debt default in the future, but I am convinced it will occur well before the planned date for reasons beyond its control.

There is a bigger time-bomb about to go off which will wreck the USA.

The United Kingdom is in a way worse cont=dition and Gordon Brown is prepared to sell his soul to be re-elected. An election must occur, by law, by 3rd July 2010. In late March 2010, my guess is that he will try a give-away budget to buy votes. As this beomes apparant, UK Bonds will fall shrply, and UK bnds will eb downgraded frmo AAA to AA. This will become a self-fulfilling disaster and the Bond Market will crash making refinancing of UK's debt to pay for interest impossible and trigger a crash in shares. This in turn will smash much of the bankning and finance industry and force Brown to intervene again to bail out more of the sector, resulting in even higher and more unsustainable debt, triggering a total Bond collapse and skyrocketing the cost of refinancing the interest payments. With riots in the streets, Brown will turn either to Martial Law or hsi party will be wiped out in an election, leaving the Tories with the insoluable problem of hyper-stagflation and likely bond default and no way to finance the staggering debt burden.

Once the crisis over Britain's unsustainable debt becomes clear, people will know that the recovery is over and likewise question the US debt which is way, way bigger and trigger a collapse in US Bonds and markets and spreading back to the UK for a further round of catastrophy.

By the end of May, Britain and the USA, as we know them, will be over.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I feel that only God can stop this collapse. It took many years to get here, and the writing has been on the wall for all those years.

What I feel to be a more productive endeavor is to study the economies of those countries that have all ready collapsed and have partially recovered. The fall of the Soviet Union. The recent financial problems in Argentina. The reformation of Germany after world war two. These, and other events, and what must be studied. In my opinion we should focus on surviving a collapse instead of attempting to prevent the inevitable. What should or could we do to recover from a collapse? How could we prepare for this recovery? What investments or opportunities should we seize upon now, that will enable a faster and better survival and recovery in the future?

If you have the answers to these questions that I would be interested. I do not believe getting in the way of an avalanche in order to stop it is a wise expenditure of time.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The only things that will stop it are...

1. Monetarise the debt in one hit which ZImbabwe has done, sending the USA to the rock bottom of the Third World and risking starvation.

2. CEED FROM THE UNION - The only realistic option. This is how Russia effectively survived...everyone ran for the door and the main part, Russia was able force renegotiations, PLUS had a boost that America does not have, unrealised potential coming from the dumpnig of Communism.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There is one other way out of Debt for the USA, the Himmler Solution...murder your creditors. As Germany owed most of its debts to Jewish people, gassing them solved its debt problem. The equivalent for the USA today would be an all out, unprovoked nuclear attack on China, probably with the result of the annihilation of the world. Given this, one prays for ANY other option.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The collapse is inevitable, the real question should be... How do we avoid utter chaos during the transition period.

We need to unite with our neighbors, rebuild our communities, and just all around take care of our brothers and sister's. We need to realize(and help other people realize that the collapse is not such a bad thing). I do fear that there will be a period of near anarchy, but I have a feeling we'll be able to move through it somewhat peacefully if we prepare.

I posed a question about a week ago that went something like this... What if we already reached the shtf moment? and right now we're moving through the chaotic period, hopefully to get back on track in the near future.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Specifically NO, YOU HAVE NOT REACHED THE CHAOS PERIOD.

What has happened so far is nearly zip compared to what will happen.

If the shtf, the only chance for anyone is:-

a. Their State CEEDS from the UNION and takes up arms to do so.
b. They emigrate to Canada.
c. There is no option c

"Rebuilding communities" is absolutely LAUGHABLE and utter pie-in-the-sky.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
The collapse is inevitable, the real question should be... How do we avoid utter chaos during the transition period.

We need to unite with our neighbors, rebuild our communities, and just all around take care of our brothers and sister's. We need to realize(and help other people realize that the collapse is not such a bad thing). I do fear that there will be a period of near anarchy, but I have a feeling we'll be able to move through it somewhat peacefully if we prepare.

THE ABOVE IS THE PROBLEM.

THE ABOVE VIEW IS WHY THE REPUBLIC WILL BE WIPED OUT AND MILLIONS WILL DIE.

Because everyone thinks that we can "avoid the chaos during the transition period", everyone is in DENIAL and no-one will face how monumental the crisis is... so everyone allows the problem to get ever bigger.

For there to be ANY chance to survive, the above view must be comprehensively dumped in the trash bin.

<< 1   >>

join